Study: Death-grip antenna problems unique to iPhone 4 | ZDNet

So it would appear that apple is full of t.

Also I find it interesting that the HTC device did the best

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-31-10 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Profanity
    07-30-10 05:51 PM
    It's actually questionable... I noticed that my storm's signal actually drops when I hold it in my left hand (and I naturally do sometimes,) but not enough to cut off a call. The iPhone's problem was rather exaggerated, but that one spot is just killer.
    07-30-10 09:55 PM
    Here's the thing, it takes extreme measure to drop to SOS on most devices, but iToy4 it only takes a simple. everyday hold to accomplish.
    07-30-10 10:04 PM
    Here's the thing, it takes extreme measure to drop to SOS on most devices, but iToy4 it only takes a simple. everyday hold to accomplish.
    Maybe the cure is just to lay it down on the table & activate the the speaker phone! What an asinine problem to have, I can only assume our lake's & stream's are now full of iphone's.
    07-30-10 10:15 PM
    Maybe the cure is just to lay it down on the table & activate the the speaker phone! What an asinine problem to have, I can only assume our lake's & stream's are now full of iphone's.
    LOL, imagine, iPhone has more problems with reception than dumbphones. Where's the logic in this one?
    07-30-10 10:18 PM
    LOL, imagine, iPhone has more problems with reception than dumbphones. Where's the logic in this one?

I hear ya, I can put up with some bold stupidity, reception problem's aren't one of them.
    07-30-10 10:38 PM
    I liked the vid I found on Youtube based on the same research made by the company mentioned in the article above:

I especially liked how they said the HTC and iPhone 4 were both no good, where-as the BB 9700 showed as a pass on the vid :-D

You can also check out a more detailed explanation as well as more data from the tests that PA Consulting performed here (as per the link provided at the end of the Youtube vid):
    PA Consulting Group | PA Consulting Group iPhone antenna test results
    07-30-10 11:17 PM
    If you all REALLY consider -4, -9, +4 (cough deathgrip 9700 fail), and -2dB differences between it and the 9700 completely earth shattering then thats completely off base.

Even the -9dB difference isnt that huge considering the range of 0-5 bars is 62dB and even a 9dB difference may display the same "bars" on the phones. The average dB change to see a bar drop on the iphone is 10-20dB, so 9dB isnt even a bar less shown between the 2 phones.

The average difference between the 2 phones was a whopping 3.6dB; nothing to write home about.

Its a dead horse, EVERYONE KNOWS there's some issue with it but only a slim few are whining about it causing any real issues beyond semantics. Either deal with it (case, etc) or move on.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-31-10 at 12:47 AM.
    07-31-10 12:38 AM
    This is one of those moments were your brother laughs at you when you trip and fall. Then keeps bringing it up because he's bored and has nothing else to do. Then it stops being funny, and you start to ignore him because its all to obvious he has way to much time on his hands.
    07-31-10 12:41 AM
    This is one of those moments were your brother laughs at you when you trip and fall. Then keeps bringing it up because he's bored and has nothing else to do. Then it stops being funny, and you start to ignore him because its all to obvious he has way to much time on his hands.
    +100 great point, then on top of that the op tried to post it in the Blackberry Part of the forum do he could get as much support in his attempt to hate on the iPhone before a mod moved it. As a cb genius you would assume he knows where to post threads right? Hmmm troll troll troll.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 07-31-10 at 02:18 AM.
    07-31-10 02:15 AM
    Yesterday the Iphone 4 was officially released here (Canada). I ordered mine . Should be getting It next week. I been reading some review and user opinions and a lot of people that here are saying they don't have that problem. Some say that they could make it drop a bar or too but no dropped calls. The ones that do get dropped calls usually mention that there in a bad reception area.
    Where I live I have great reception so I hope I don't have this issue. . Anyways only way to see if there really is a problem is to go get one and try it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 12:24 PM
    only a slim few are whining about it causing any real issues beyond semantics.
    Nice post.

When I see posts like the one that started the thread, I see some loser with nothing more constructive to do. I actually feel sorry for the person; what a pathetic life they must lead to need to try to get attention like that.

Anyway -- I picked up an iphone 4 a couple days ago. So far it's been just fine. If I really try, I can make it drop from three or four bars to two bars. I haven't seen any dropped calls or other problems in just using the thing.
    07-31-10 03:43 PM
    Y-a-w-n!!!
    07-31-10 04:29 PM
    Hasn't this been discussed to death already?

Closed.
    07-31-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD