Apple - iPhone in Business - Profiles - Mount Sinai Hospital

Cool story about a hospital putting the iPhone to work.
    03-23-10 02:44 PM
    Might wanna read this while your busy preaching your "jesus" phone.

iPhone hacked and hijacked at Pwn2Own � Boy Genius Report
    03-25-10 06:03 AM
    Interesting read.
    Couple of months ago when I mentioned in a thread a concern about the incident where jailbroken iPhones being hacked someone said, quite emphatically, that iPhones could not be hacked.
    This simply shows that no consumer device is 100% hackproof.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 07:24 AM
    Ok.. so people jailbreak.. (keyword jailBREAK) their iPhone's and are surprised something goes wrong. Noooooo
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 03-25-10 at 07:40 AM.
    03-25-10 07:38 AM
    I find it interesting that this story is on "Apples" site and not the hospitals, what's funny is if RIM had went to them 1st and implemented Blackberrys throughout the hospital and then went back for feedback, you'd find the same response.

What's even funnier is I wonder how'd they react to the post on "boygeniusreport" especially after their paragraph about security.

"Because of Mount Sinai�s need to protect both confidential hospital information and sensitive patient data, the built-in security capabilities of iPhone are essential. �iPhone allows us to do the two levels of user authentication that we require: using your password and VPN certificates,� explains Giancarlo De Lio, the hospital�s Manager of Innovation and Prototype Development.

�Whenever we implement new technology at the hospital, it has to adhere to our strict security policies,� Dwivedi adds. �iPhone is an enterprise-ready device. Out of the box, we have confidence in the encryption and our ability to manage the device remotely
    .�
    03-25-10 07:46 AM
    Ok.. so people jailbreak.. (keyword jailBREAK) their iPhone's and are surprised something goes wrong. Noooooo
    My point is people "jailbreak" in order to get more capabilities on the phone, when was the last time you heard of someone "jailbreaking" a Blackberry for more capabilities, you don't because those features and capabilities are standard for a Blackberry and let's not get into the whole "features vs features" debate because we all know that RIM from the beginning has and always will be Corporate minded 1st and foremost, the same cannot be said about Apple, the Iphone started as a "Multimedia" device and then later to compete with competition in the corporate field, started adding better security and encryption, just like RIM has been slowly the last couple of years starting to market towards the "Consumer" side of features.
    03-25-10 07:58 AM
    I believe the iPhone was stock, not jailbroken.
    03-25-10 07:58 AM
    Your right, so that blows the whole "jailbreak" excuse right outta the water.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 03-25-10 at 08:36 AM. Reason: grammar
    03-25-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD