i came from the storm as well and i get better reception then the storm now, 5 bars 90% of the time. i did like the storm, but using this new iphone now, i think other then the mediocre service from att and no mms, i think the iphone is more refined and fine tuned then the storm and that was the deciding factor for me.
    06-21-09 12:33 PM
    I've own every version on the iphone i would pick it over the storm any day.. i'm getting to put my storm on ebay since i just switched back to the iphone on friday...
    06-23-09 07:46 PM
    True this , but let me say brother, you add multi-tasking on this phone and you have a golden phone.... I type about 5 times faster on this phone compaired to my storm and my 8330 , honestly i just love it .
    I dropped my Storm for the iPhone 3GS and I think the iPhone is an amazing upgrade, but I have no cell reception where I work so I can't do anything on it except listen to music! I'm considering switching back to Verizon and getting the BB Tour, but I have a feeling I'll regret it once I get back to school and have perfect 3G reception. I don't know what to do because I am also addicted to BBM when I had the Storm! Ahhhh!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:16 PM
    You get it through AT&T store you have to deal with AT&T warrentys.

AT&T does NOT warranty the iPhone or offer any type of extended warranty through them even if you purchased the iPhone at an ATT store. ALL warranties concerning the iPhone are from Apple themselves and only Apple.

Apple wants ATT to have as little to do with the iPhone as possible.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 06-23-09 at 08:38 PM.
    06-23-09 08:35 PM
    I am one that just jumped today. I love Verizon but the Storm wasn't for me. I feel like a ham though because I shelled out money for my storm, and it will collect dust now. It's in perfect condition, but I am not sure I will have much luck selling it. Anyways, I like it so far. Just waddling through the options and trying to get used to the typing. LOL
    06-23-09 08:36 PM
    AT&T does NOT warranty the iPhone or offer any type of extended warranty through them even if you purchased the iPhone at an ATT store. ALL warranties concerning the iPhone are from Apple themselves and only Apple.

Apple wants ATT to have as little to do with the iPhone as possible.
    I bought my Iphone from apple and they told me the only thing that they offer is apple care, and that there is no warranty. Was I miss informed?
    06-23-09 08:38 PM
    I bought my Iphone from apple and they told me the only thing that they offer is apple care, and that there is no warranty. Was I miss informed?
    Hard to believe someone from Apple told you that, the iPhone comes with a one year warranty. Apple offers Apple Care for an additional one year for a total of two years.
    06-23-09 08:42 PM
    The jailbreak is already out !! too afraid to do it though lol , its kind of like the first time you do an OS upgrade and have to use JL , lol

Yeah i was amazed on how much better the typing experience is on the iphone compared to the storm , and there is no comparsion the iphone wins hands down .
    Just an FYI the current jailbreak is for 3.0 iPhone 3G only, doesn't work on the 3G S. Current unlock is also for 3G only, don't want people to mess up their phones =)

Also not sure anything but Macs are supported right now, just in case you're using a PC. *puke* jk
    06-23-09 09:14 PM
    Hard to believe someone from Apple told you that, the iPhone comes with a one year warranty. Apple offers Apple Care for an additional one year for a total of two years.
    Yeah he told me about the apple care, he just said that apple only covers software issues. If you drop it in water, or something else I guess your pretty much screwed. So I just thought I'd ask, because it's an expensive phone, and sometimes things happen.
    06-23-09 09:23 PM
    Oh just thought I would share this story. I was in Disney world a few months ago, and this lady was riding Splash Mountain. She got up out of the log, and somehow or another her Iphone popped out of her pocket, and into the water below. I wanted to weep. LoL. I just thought it was alittle funny, but it does bring up the question at hand. Does apple cover stupid? Heh.
    06-23-09 09:25 PM
    to the guy who said he shelled out $ for the storm and it would just collect dust now-

I sold my storm through gazelle.com and got $178- so i was able to get the 3gs for $20...
    this is not an ad but just an avid fan of the iphone and gazelle
    06-24-09 02:49 PM
    I am one that just jumped today. I love Verizon but the Storm wasn't for me. I feel like a ham though because I shelled out money for my storm, and it will collect dust now. It's in perfect condition, but I am not sure I will have much luck selling it. Anyways, I like it so far. Just waddling through the options and trying to get used to the typing. LOL
    Pay $15 to get an unlock code for the SIM card and sell it advertised as unlocked on craigslist or eBay. You can still get $300 in good condition.
    06-24-09 02:54 PM
    For those who are switching over to the iphone from the Storm -- how are you going about dumping your Storm? How much was your ETF, and did you sell the Storm to someone? Does it need to be "unlocked" or whatnot before it's sold?
    06-24-09 04:18 PM
    yup had verizon unlock my storm and cancelled and sold it on ebay and went and bought a 3gs, great decision!
    06-24-09 04:50 PM
    Same, called big red, told them I had a trip to China, Europe, and some other destinations and needed to unlock my phone. Then, wiped and restored the phone, turned off the email (released the pin), and Shazam, off to eBay.
    06-24-09 05:53 PM
    I had to pay $100 for the ETF and I also dropped like $ 300 for my storm. I think I was surpised at how much the iPhone was. But the cool thing is that the iPhone is cheaper then the iPod touch of the same size

06-24-09 06:37 PM
    I had to pay $100 for the ETF and I also dropped like $ 300 for my storm. I think I was surpised at how much the iPhone was. But the cool thing is that the iPhone is cheaper then the iPod touch of the same size

catch is u have to carry $30 plan for 3month min so $199+voice+$90 data apple aint dumb lol
    06-24-09 08:56 PM
    No apple isn't dumb, I just meant its expensive. I paid like 300 for my storm, and nearly 500 for my Iphone. Course thats not just the phone either. Thats, A car charger, a screen protector and a hip pouch. Course the 300 was all those things for the Storm. But it is 32 gig as well which is alot more memory then the storm.
    06-24-09 09:40 PM
    I had to pay $100 for the ETF and I also dropped like $ 300 for my storm. I think I was surpised at how much the iPhone was. But he cool thing is that the iPhone is cheaper then the iPod touch of the same size

Only $100 for the ETF? When did you purchase the Storm ?
    06-24-09 09:49 PM
    LoL this is actually a funny story. I've had the storm for four months, and before I had the LG ENVY. I didn't have to renew because I was eligible for an ' Early ' Upgrade, I held out long enough to get the ETF low and reasonable, and then canceled the contract.
    06-24-09 09:56 PM
    i've been mostly a lurker here although I did post a few times. After updating to .148, I was so disappointed with the storm that I went and got the 3GS over the weekend. While I havent cancelled ny VZN contract yet, I probably will. I find this phone to be FAR more responsive and faster. Typing is simple and the browser is like night and day. I tried to stick with the storm but after trying the iphone, I can't help but see all the short comings of it.
    To answer those who asked about the weather app just searching...mine did tii. Make sure you have internet connection in the location you are in. Mine worked fine after that. Also, I got AT&T to waive the $36 activation fee and so did my friend. Told them I was switching networks and asked if they could help me out with that and they did. MMS will be up and running end of July. AT&T a bit behind with finalizing, but it will be there.
    Hope this helps anyone on the fence....hey you have 30 days to return it.
    06-24-09 10:01 PM
    i've been mostly a lurker here although I did post a few times. After updating to .148, I was so disappointed with the storm that I went and got the 3GS over the weekend. While I havent cancelled ny VZN contract yet, I probably will. I find this phone to be FAR more responsive and faster. Typing is simple and the browser is like night and day. I tried to stick with the storm but after trying the iphone, I can't help but see all the short comings of it.
    To answer those who asked about the weather app just searching...mine did tii. Make sure you have internet connection in the location you are in. Mine worked fine after that. Also, I got AT&T to waive the $36 activation fee and so did my friend. Told them I was switching networks and asked if they could help me out with that and they did. MMS will be up and running end of July. AT&T a bit behind with finalizing, but it will be there.
    Hope this helps anyone on the fence....hey you have 30 days to return it.
    There was alot of things that kept me so long from switching was the customer service of verizon. But that iPhone is an amazing phone and it suits what I need. It's that first day I've really the first day I've had to test the phone and I am sold. I canceled the contract with verizon. I hope the future holds a verizon iPhone because I woul go back to them in a heartbeat. We'll see what this time has in store for me with AT&T. I just hope their customer service has improved since that last time I was with them.

Last edited by shawnomega; 06-25-09 at 12:52 AM.
    06-24-09 11:34 PM
    There was alot of things that kept me so long from switching was the customer service of verizon. But that iPhone is an amazing phone and it suits what I need. It's that first day I've really the first day I've had to test the phone and I am sold. I canceled the contract with verizon. I hope the future holds a verizon iPhone because I woul go back to them in a heartbeat. We'll see what this time has in store for me with AT&T. I just hope their customer service has improved since that last time I was with them.

yes and no, long story short - my girl had a curve and at&t gave her a refurbed bold for free but the catch was they had to cancel the curve since it was a promo. We were 27 days in and after an hr conversation they agreed to wave the etf eventhough I was within the 30day trial. Perplexed I said thanks for honoring your agreement and even got a discount on the next bill for the trouble. The service is decent but the support team aren't bright
    06-25-09 06:45 AM
    yes and no, long story short - my girl had a curve and at&t gave her a refurbed bold for free but the catch was they had to cancel the curve since it was a promo. We were 27 days in and after an hr conversation they agreed to wave the etf eventhough I was within the 30day trial. Perplexed I said thanks for honoring your agreement and even got a discount on the next bill for the trouble. The service is decent but the support team aren't bright
    Huh, well I am glad they helped you out I wont get into my story, but lets just say this much... Never go through a 3rd party, or franchise like store. If you ever have a serious issue then deal with ATT not a vendor authorized to carry their stuff my issue almost ended up with me Suing ATT, but its a drawn out story. lol
    06-25-09 10:19 AM
    LoL this is actually a funny story. I've had the storm for four months, and before I had the LG ENVY. I didn't have to renew because I was eligible for an ' Early ' Upgrade, I held out long enough to get the ETF low and reasonable, and then canceled the contract.
    That doesn't make any sense. Any early upgrade will stilll renew the contract. ANY time you get a discount on a phone will renew the contract.
    06-25-09 11:24 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD