And the same could be the same for someone else that wants an iPhone. Whats your point?

People are switching simply based on phones these days it seems, regardless of coverage. Depending on where you live.
    Yes the same can be said, but AT&T has a **** of a lot more coverage than Sprint does so that right there can be the reason why he went to the iPhone.

AT&T isn't on its last leg like Sprint is.
    06-20-09 12:58 PM
    Yes the same can be said, but AT&T has a **** of a lot more coverage than Sprint does so that right there can be the reason why he went to the iPhone.

AT&T isn't on its last leg like Sprint is.
    I'm not arguing the coverage of one company over the other, as far as living in the tristate area, Verizon easily trumps both.

But my initial inquiry wasn't about the coverage, but the phones. The iPhone is pretty cool, but I've yet to try out the Palm Pre and from what I've been reading about both, if Sprints coverage is good enough in my area and along my travels, I would go with the Pre.

And while the hardware of the iPhone is better than the Pre, the same cannot be easily said about their operating systems. Again this is based on what I've read about the Pre, I have yet myself to try it out, but have used the iPhone 3G and know where that stands.
    06-20-09 01:07 PM
    I'm not arguing the coverage of one company over the other, as far as living in the tristate area, Verizon easily trumps both.

But my initial inquiry wasn't about the coverage, but the phones. The iPhone is pretty cool, but I've yet to try out the Palm Pre and from what I've been reading about both, if Sprints coverage is good enough in my area and along my travels, I would go with the Pre.

And while the hardware of the iPhone is better than the Pre, the same cannot be easily said about their operating systems. Again this is based on what I've read about the Pre, I have yet myself to try it out, but have used the iPhone 3G and know where that stands.
    The Pre is very nice. And yes Verizon has the most coverage in the US, but like always, it's about the location. But to me and a lot of the reviews I've read about it, it feels very cheap. The OS is really cool and if it was put on a better network with a better quality device then I think the Pre would be awesome.
    06-20-09 01:19 PM
    I would guess Sprint is a big reason.
    Sprint gets crap coverage for where i live.

Hey sooks, just out of curiosity why didn't you opt or try for the Palm Pre? Or did you already try it and not like it?
    And i didnt go for the palm pre because i used it for a few days ( brother has one) and just the build quality turned me off. Also that i had to have a 99 dollar plan to get it , with my iphone on my family plan im only paying 40 bucks a month
    06-20-09 01:34 PM
    Sprint gets crap coverage for where i live.

And i didnt go for the palm pre because i used it for a few days ( brother has one) and just the build quality turned me off. Also that i had to have a 99 dollar plan to get it , with my iphone on my family plan im only paying 40 bucks a month
    that would be nice
    06-20-09 01:38 PM
    thats what i did exactly a week ago and switched to at&t from verizon i thought the storm wasnt that bad of a phone but when i got the 8 gig 3g i love the phone! the etf fees are so worth getting rid of verizon.
    06-20-09 01:49 PM
    that would be nice
    LOL ,thats for sure man , got to save every little penny now days .
    06-20-09 01:52 PM
    LOL ,thats for sure man , got to save every little penny now days .
    VERY true! And i am thinking bout jumping.... really am....
    06-20-09 01:57 PM
    I got to be honest dude , my ONLY COMPLAINT , is i didnt do the jump sooner.... it is very much worth it. And plus the ETF fee for verizon is small as **** . I would only do it if there was a family plan you could get on , other wise it will be like 110 a month for a plan by your slef.
    06-20-09 02:00 PM
    as that is what im paying now.... hmmm....
    06-20-09 02:04 PM
    that would be nice
    as that is what im paying now.... hmmm....
    Well then seriously dude , i would say go for it. I have no regrets
    06-20-09 02:09 PM
    I got to be honest dude , my ONLY COMPLAINT , is i didnt do the jump sooner.... it is very much worth it. And plus the ETF fee for verizon is small as **** . I would only do it if there was a family plan you could get on , other wise it will be like 110 a month for a plan by your slef.

how did the price get that high?

I am trying to think..

when I had a iphone it had a 20 dollar data plan that was the "edge" version..

then when the 3g came out it was like 30 a month..

so my plan was hmm maybe 500 minutes for like 49.99 + 20 for data the data at the time included 200 texts so I was sitting at 70..

so if you wanted the new one couldn't you do 49.99+ 30 and then some text plan seems like it could be under 100?
    06-20-09 02:28 PM
    I don't belive sooks left for the darkside he used to fight with me that nothing was wrong with the storm. Lol then goes to a phone that does not multi task. Ha ha guess I was right the storm was a pos

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-20-09 02:29 PM
    how did the price get that high?

so my plan was hmm maybe 500 minutes for like 49.99 + 20 for data the data at the time included 200 texts so I was sitting at 70..

so if you wanted the new one couldn't you do 49.99+ 30 and then some text plan seems like it could be under 100?

Yup, deff way under 110.00 a month. Had the 3g for awhile.
    06-20-09 02:32 PM
    I don't belive sooks left for the darkside he used to fight with me that nothing was wrong with the storm. Lol then goes to a phone that does not multi task. Ha ha guess I was right the storm was a pos

I know I was almost shocked myself.. to be honest..

I can look back about 3 days before he bought it and was talking about how much he wanted the tour and that the storm was still good.. then bang iphone world haha .. but sooks is cool no harm no foul no biggy...
    06-20-09 02:38 PM
    Yup, deff way under 110.00 a month. Had the 3g for awhile.
    Not way under 110 any more .. you have the have the lowest minute plan which is 39.99 for 450 min , then iphone plan which is 29.99 then an unlimited msg is 19.99 , that puts yeah at 90 + tax ......

The storm wasnt a POS , it just needed updates badly and the updates it was getting was the same old stuff, give it time , it will be a great phone, i was just tired of waiting .

I know I was almost shocked myself.. to be honest..

I can look back about 3 days before he bought it and was talking about how much he wanted the tour and that the storm was still good.. then bang iphone world haha .. but sooks is cool no harm no foul no biggy...
    LOL , true and i still do love blackberry, infact can anyone guess what my next phone is going to be ? ONYX whoot whoot lol , so i will be back in the blackberry family soon ! and again i still love the storm, just wanted to try something new out for a while , plus i have a bold that all i need to do is slap a sim in and im good to go
    06-20-09 02:46 PM
    Not way under 110 any more .. you have the have the lowest minute plan which is 39.99 for 450 min , then iphone plan which is 29.99 then an unlimited msg is 19.99 , that puts yeah at 90 + tax ......

The storm wasnt a POS , it just needed updates badly and the updates it was getting was the same old stuff, give it time , it will be a great phone, i was just tired of waiting .

LOL , true and i still do love blackberry, infact can anyone guess what my next phone is going to be ? ONYX whoot whoot lol , so i will be back in the blackberry family soon ! and again i still love the storm, just wanted to try something new out for a while , plus i have a bold that all i need to do is slap a sim in and im good to go

I am definitely jealous of the onyx coming your way
    06-20-09 03:01 PM
    I am definitely jealous of the onyx coming your way
    Yeah lol , thats what im excited for now lol , i have the 3g-s to hold me off then i will have to buy the onyx at full retail lol , which will still be worth it .
    06-20-09 03:06 PM
    I made the jump to the IPhone 3GS from a Blackberry Storm. Like Sooks, I am almost sad that I didn't make the jump earlier. The navigation of the OS on the IPhone is so simple and seamless. It really makes my Storm looks extremely clunky and immature. Perhaps the Storm 2 will bring me back to Verizon, but I highly doubt it at this point. I find that I type better on my IPhone then I do on my Storm. Also like Sooks, my only complaint is the lack of multitasking. If I can manage to jail brake my phone and run AIM in the background, then I will be 100% satisfied. Internet browsing on the IPhone makes my Storm look like a joke...
    06-20-09 05:44 PM
    I made the jump to the IPhone 3GS from a Blackberry Storm. Like Sooks, I am almost sad that I didn't make the jump earlier. The navigation of the OS on the IPhone is so simple and seamless. It really makes my Storm looks extremely clunky and immature. Perhaps the Storm 2 will bring me back to Verizon, but I highly doubt it at this point. I find that I type better on my IPhone then I do on my Storm. Also like Sooks, my only complaint is the lack of multitasking. If I can manage to jail brake my phone and run AIM in the background, then I will be 100% satisfied. Internet browsing on the IPhone makes my Storm look like a joke...
    That's what we been trying to tell you guys for the last 6 months LOL. J/K but welcome.
    06-20-09 07:29 PM
    What do you expect to bargin. Apple sets the phone price and AT&T isn't going to just reduce a plan for you. This isn't a car dealership. My friend works at a local apple store and from what I take from it is that you buy it there you can bring it in there if you have problems and exchanges. You get it through AT&T store you have to deal with AT&T warrentys. Apple stands behind their product 100% and for even minor external damages they replace with new phones. I am not sure what AT&T does. Hope this helps
    06-20-09 09:17 PM
    I'm going to switch once a can get a hold of the 3Gs. I played with it today in the AT&T store and was impressed with how fast the iphone is compared to my storm. I haven't had any issues like what other storm owners are claiming about but it just isn't as fast as an iphone. I was impressed with how fast the browser was. I don't use the internet very much with my Storm because it's slow but I'm sure I'll be using the internet alot on the iphone. Very excited in switching phones at the moment.
    06-20-09 11:59 PM
    does anyone know for iphone 3GS is it only avaible thru Rogers in Canada?
    06-21-09 01:45 AM
    Almost the same boat as you Sooks. Got the last black 32GB and the lady behind me was upset but settled for the last white one they had. My weather app is doing the same...just searching. I also have a Bold I will switch to when and if I get tired of the iPhone. Gonna miss Verizon's amazing network, but sure do love the iPhone.
    I've got an 8900 with Tmo and just picked up a black 32g iphone on att. If I unlock the 8900 can I use that on att with the data plan I have for the iphone by swapping the att sim card back and forth? Would bb messenger and all of the push features still work on the 8900?
    06-21-09 10:36 AM
    does anyone know for iphone 3GS is it only avaible thru Rogers in Canada?
    Technically yes and technically no... Lol. Fido has it as well.
    06-21-09 11:03 AM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD