All i got to say is why did i not make the switch sooner !!!! i love it , strolled in ATT around 2 pm today , only had black 32 gigs left so i said screw it , and decided to either go big or go home hahah !!! lol and i have to say .. I LOVE IT
    06-19-09 06:16 PM
    Gave up on the Storm huh? Good choice.
    06-19-09 06:27 PM
    Gave up on the Storm huh? Good choice.
    Yeah , didnt want to , but once i did , man i love my iphone !! only downside is when im in AIM , i try to back out to text or email , and it disconnects dont like the no multitasking but oh well, i have a bold for that , also anyone else having a issue with getting the weather app to work ? my just searches and searches .
    06-19-09 06:34 PM
    Almost the same boat as you Sooks. Got the last black 32GB and the lady behind me was upset but settled for the last white one they had. My weather app is doing the same...just searching. I also have a Bold I will switch to when and if I get tired of the iPhone. Gonna miss Verizon's amazing network, but sure do love the iPhone.
    06-19-09 06:38 PM
    Yeah i got the last black one too !! lol got lucky , and ATT so far where i live actually has had better coverage than verizon lol , crazy i know ... And yeah that weather thing is pissing me off lol , so simple , yet not working ! lol , also , i want MMS but ugh in good time i guess..
    06-19-09 06:40 PM
    How's the landscape keypad compared to the 9530?
    06-19-09 06:52 PM
    How's the landscape keypad compared to the 9530?
    In all honesty , Night and day man , the iphone landscape KILLS the storm... **** you can have a monkey type on the iphone and have it make more sense then what the storm says with us typing on it lol.
    06-19-09 06:57 PM
    In all honesty , Night and day man , the iphone landscape KILLS the storm... **** you can have a monkey type on the iphone and have it make more sense then what the storm says with us typing on it lol.
    That's what happens when you have a real "touch" screen, not a touch and click screen. I type faster on the iPhone than I do on my Bold, and that's with the portrait keyboard.
    06-19-09 07:36 PM
    Congrats guys... Glad you all like it. I haven't even touched my device since leaving the store.
    06-19-09 08:13 PM
    I did the same. Ported out of VZW and picked up a 16GB 3GS this morning. Love this thing! I ordered an unlock code for the Storm tonight and may swap the sim if I need a change for a day (if that's possible).
    06-19-09 08:30 PM
    All i got to say is why did i not make the switch sooner !!!! i love it , strolled in ATT around 2 pm today , only had black 32 gigs left so i said screw it , and decided to either go big or go home hahah !!! lol and i have to say .. I LOVE IT
    Bout time Sooks!! All the other Storm people are still in denial LOL. Welcome!
    06-19-09 09:41 PM
    Yeah , didnt want to , but once i did , man i love my iphone !! only downside is when im in AIM , i try to back out to text or email , and it disconnects dont like the no multitasking but oh well, i have a bold for that , also anyone else having a issue with getting the weather app to work ? my just searches and searches .
    Yeah I wish it had multitasking for 3rd party apps. But I paid the 9.99 for beejive (which costs more on blackberry) and I still get push notifications when someone sends me a message. Also, download the "Weather Channel" app. It's way better than the one that comes on the device.
    06-19-09 09:44 PM
    Congrats guys... Glad you all like it. I haven't even touched my device since leaving the store.
    LOL yeah , i couldnt help it ! , took about 3 hours to activate it but.... IT WAS WORTH IT !! LOL

I know man lol , thing is , we just wanted it to work , and even with all the updates it just wasnt there yet, i have some hope for the storm 2 , but with 32gigs of spaced compaired to the next 256 for the storm 2 lol , im not going anywhere , and att coverage in my area is actually BETTER then verizon lol , not to mention webkitz browser is the **** lol.

Yeah I wish it had multitasking for 3rd party apps. But I paid the 9.99 for beejive (which costs more on blackberry) and I still get push notifications when someone sends me a message. Also, download the "Weather Channel" app. It's way better than the one that comes on the device.
    Sonds good , yeah hope the implement it in a software update , i mean **** the hardware can support it very well ( multitasking ) , and i cant even get my stock weather app to work , just searches for hours lol ..... i will have to download that weather channel one
    06-19-09 10:45 PM

a phone is for a specific person I sat on a iPhone for about a year..

I still like the storm better applications quitting when you leave them is not my cup of tea..

IE sooks complaint about instant messengers..
    06-19-09 11:09 PM
    a phone is for a specific person I sat on a iPhone for about a year..

I still like the storm better applications quitting when you leave them is not my cup of tea..

IE sooks complaint about instant messengers..
    True this , but let me say brother, you add multi-tasking on this phone and you have a golden phone.... I type about 5 times faster on this phone compaired to my storm and my 8330 , honestly i just love it .
    06-19-09 11:30 PM
    He can also jailbreak it (coming soon hopefully) and get install backgrounder to have apps run in the background. I never needed it, so it doesn't bother me.

Multi-tasking exists in the built in apps and that's all I need.
    06-19-09 11:37 PM

I'll tell you why you didnt switch sooner...it just came out today...
    lol.. I had the iPhone 3g before the storm. It was great but i missed the blackberry since i had the 8300 for a couple years prior. Got the storm in feb, its been good to me so far.. no complaints... anyway good luck w/ the 3gS.
    Last edited by gigajoe84; 06-19-09 at 11:54 PM.
    06-19-09 11:40 PM
    I had a Pearl, the Curve and then I bought the Storm. I had it for a week and hated it. The only good thing that I can say is that the large screen was stunning. I went back to my Curve.

I got an Iphone 3GS today and it is incredible. I can type just fine on it, too.
    06-20-09 12:39 AM
    He can also jailbreak it (coming soon hopefully) and get install backgrounder to have apps run in the background. I never needed it, so it doesn't bother me.

Multi-tasking exists in the built in apps and that's all I need.
    The jailbreak is already out !! too afraid to do it though lol , its kind of like the first time you do an OS upgrade and have to use JL , lol

I had a Pearl, the Curve and then I bought the Storm. I had it for a week and hated it. The only good thing that I can say is that the large screen was stunning. I went back to my Curve.

I got an Iphone 3GS today and it is incredible. I can type just fine on it, too.
    Yeah i was amazed on how much better the typing experience is on the iphone compared to the storm , and there is no comparsion the iphone wins hands down .
    06-20-09 01:45 AM
    True this , but let me say brother, you add multi-tasking on this phone and you have a golden phone.... I type about 5 times faster on this phone compaired to my storm and my 8330 , honestly i just love it .

I have no complaints about how fast the iPhone runs..

even my pre 3gs model ran really really smooth no doubt at all.. I completely agree with that..

but thats why I would pick a pre over the iPhone at this point if I was choosing between the two..

I mean I am not typically a person to bash the iPhone but after a year of use I can tell you all my complaints if you wish... some of which were full deal breakers hence why I don't use it anymore

but I also go with the idea that people really have to pick the phone that works for them... I don't care if people pick the phone I like I am not selling them I make no profit.. I just give my experience and hope my advice helps someone out..
    06-20-09 03:14 AM
    I just got hte 32 gb also. I had the 3G before I had my storm as well. I will miss many things about my Storm but the browser is not one of them. I thought browsing on my storm was pretty good but after using the 3GS I realize I was in denial. This new iphone is so fast going to web sites its amazing. And finally, I have tabbed browsing again. I HATED the fact that everytime I wanted to go in another direction on my storm I had to leave the web page I was on. What a pain in the arse!!!!!!

Will absolutely miss many things about my BB. BBM first and foremost. We'll see, I may be back in 30 days.
    06-20-09 07:37 AM
    I just got hte 32 gb also. I had the 3G before I had my storm as well. I will miss many things about my Storm but the browser is not one of them. I thought browsing on my storm was pretty good but after using the 3GS I realize I was in denial. This new iphone is so fast going to web sites its amazing. And finally, I have tabbed browsing again. I HATED the fact that everytime I wanted to go in another direction on my storm I had to leave the web page I was on. What a pain in the arse!!!!!!

Will absolutely miss many things about my BB. BBM first and foremost. We'll see, I may be back in 30 days.
    Agreed ! , BBM is by far the number one thing i miss . Well, that and the ablity to multi task , but the speed and smoothness of the browser makes up for both , along with the keyboard and its godly auto correction lol
    06-20-09 10:46 AM
    Agreed ! , BBM is by far the number one thing i miss . Well, that and the ablity to multi task , but the speed and smoothness of the browser makes up for both , along with the keyboard and its godly auto correction lol
    Hey sooks, just out of curiosity why didn't you opt or try for the Palm Pre? Or did you already try it and not like it?
    06-20-09 11:40 AM
    Hey sooks, just out of curiosity why didn't you opt or try for the Palm Pre? Or did you already try it and not like it?
    I would guess Sprint is a big reason.
    06-20-09 12:48 PM
    I would guess Sprint is a big reason.
    And the same could be the same for someone else that wants an iPhone. Whats your point?

People are switching simply based on phones these days it seems, regardless of coverage. Depending on where you live.
    06-20-09 12:52 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD