09-29-09 03:58 AM
26 12
tools
    Well the past week I had been contemplating waiting for the Samsung Omnia but Verizon seemed like it kept running around the bush with it. So I decided to switch to AT&T. What was funny is they say that AT&T has bad service....when I went to the AT&T store to call for my account number from Verizon, I told the rep I was switching services because I hadn't been having a good experience with Verizon and he didnt even try to save me as a customer or defend their side.

So I purchased a 16gb 3G S for my wife and a 32gb 3G S both in black. She had the Voyager prior to this and she loves it. I on the other hand had a Storm and I must say....I talked a lot of crap about the iPhone but....its like the Mayweather vs Marquez match last night.....the iPhone is just too damn quick and precise. I can type easier, the loading of the apps is so much easier by syncing your phone. I have just had it for a week but I have not stopped being amazed by this phone. I don't think I have made a bad choice by switching to AT&T and it sucks that I had to leave Verizon but it seems I am getting a better deal with AT&T. Also the camera is so much better, better movie playback(at least from MY Storm and the iPhone) and a lot more choice in apps. Just awesome so far. We will see after a couple of months.
    09-20-09 11:47 AM
    Congrats on making the switch. The Storm is crap compared to the iPhone. I don't think you'll regret the move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 12:24 PM
    Congrats on the iPhone. If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask.

09-20-09 03:55 PM
    I LOVE my iPhone, but the battery life was the deal breaker and I went back to BB. I'm hoping the Storm 2 is good enough. What I really miss from the iPhone?

1. Amazing fast OS and apps.
    2. Screen is the best around.
    3. Ease of using YouTube and uploading pics and video.
    4. Apps are cheap or free. Even good ones.
    5. Internet browser hands down the best.
    6. GPS was godly fast and useful.

Now if they only had better battery life or interchangable ones. That and the iPhone was way more money per month than any other smart phone.

09-20-09 06:12 PM
    Well I don't have any complaint on the battery because it lasts me a full day from when I leave the house to when I get home to charge it again, which is what I did with my Storm. And more money a month? I used to pay $159.99 with Verizon which included $30.00 for the Blackberry but now with AT&T I pay $159.99 which includes data plans for both phones for the same amount of minutes....I don't see how that is paying more plus they have roll over minutes. But so far like I said earlier, I'm very happy, plus it has great coverage in Puerto Rico when Verizon now pulled out of Puerto Rico.
    09-20-09 11:37 PM
    That and the iPhone was way more money per month than any other smart phone.
    Why is it more money? I pay the exact same price with my Bold. Data is $30 for BIS and iPhone Data Plan, and $20 (of $30 for family) for unlimited SMS/MMS.
    09-21-09 12:55 AM
    I have both the Storm and the iPhone . . I enjoy different things on both devices . . . '

Storm: BBM, Email, Indicator Light
    iPhone: Apps, Typing, Web Browsing
    09-21-09 01:44 AM
    Switched to the Iphone 3Gs after 2 years with the Verizon Curve. Must say I am happy with the switch. I used my BB alot for work and dont miss a beat with the Iphone. I was worreid going from KB to touch screen but the Querty KB on the touch screen is just as easy if not better.

Glad to be a part of the Iphone community.
    09-21-09 09:50 AM
    I hear ya man.
    09-21-09 10:25 AM
    Congrats on the devices.
    09-21-09 10:45 AM
    Well the past week I had been contemplating waiting for the Samsung Omnia but Verizon seemed like it kept running around the bush with it. So I decided to switch to AT&T. What was funny is they say that AT&T has bad service....when I went to the AT&T store to call for my account number from Verizon, I told the rep I was switching services because I hadn't been having a good experience with Verizon and he didnt even try to save me as a customer or defend their side.

So I purchased a 16gb 3G S for my wife and a 32gb 3G S both in black. She had the Voyager prior to this and she loves it. I on the other hand had a Storm and I must say....I talked a lot of crap about the iPhone but....its like the Mayweather vs Marquez match last night.....the iPhone is just too damn quick and precise. I can type easier, the loading of the apps is so much easier by syncing your phone. I have just had it for a week but I have not stopped being amazed by this phone. I don't think I have made a bad choice by switching to AT&T and it sucks that I had to leave Verizon but it seems I am getting a better deal with AT&T. Also the camera is so much better, better movie playback(at least from MY Storm and the iPhone) and a lot more choice in apps. Just awesome so far. We will see after a couple of months.
    Might make the same switch myself eventually.. How do you feel about the change in email capabilities, if any?

09-21-09 02:28 PM
    I LOVE my iPhone, but the battery life was the deal breaker and I went back to BB. I'm hoping the Storm 2 is good enough. What I really miss from the iPhone?

Now if they only had better battery life or interchangable ones. That and the iPhone was way more money per month than any other smart phone.

1 BOLT is just as fast and good as Safari, if not better .
    2 Screen on the Storm is the best around in the business when it comes to actual display for media
    3 ease of use for youtube is the same on the both since the app is the same. difference is native att 3g is no where to be found, VZW is 85% of america
    4 apps are cheap or free on storm as well.
    5 internet browser through safari is awesome....if you get service, thanks for repeating yourself
    5 GPS is BETTER on a BB any day of the week

Keep telling yourself your walking around with a "Godly" phone, you just were not qualified for an ADVANCED device and needed to be dumb-ey downed .

PS Go find an apple site, this site is for BB users, cant you see that your not wanted Jobs Zombie.
    09-21-09 06:54 PM
    ^ dude you are truly clueless.. here's a clue for you this IS an iPhone forum.
    09-21-09 07:00 PM

Congrats. It is one of things that you really have to try before you make a judgement. A lot of people bash the iPhone and have never even used it. Besides playing with it in the store or using their friends a few times, they think they know everything about it. Right now, the iPhone is far ahead of the Storm. Blackberry is the king of email but when it came to the Storm everyone was expecting so much more. And people tout it because it's a blackberry. No one knew we would get a laggy Bold with a touchscreen. Anyway, congrats on your choice. The good thing now is that since you are on AT&T to can use an iPhone and a blackberry by easily switching the SIM card. You can have your cake and eat it too lol.
    09-21-09 07:05 PM

The battery on the 3GS is great. After a couple weeks of use the battery is way better than the first couple days. Also if you are on AT&T the cost for an iPhone and blackberry monthly is the same? In what area did you pay more?
    09-21-09 07:07 PM
    ^ dude you are truly clueless.. here's a clue for you this IS an iPhone forum.
    Second that. The Storm is the worst blackberry ever and totally irrelevant. Good luck on version 2.0.
    09-21-09 07:09 PM
    wow totally clueless, cant read the subfourm heading APPLE IPHONE 3G apparently.

Safari kills Bolt any day for the web experience, obviously has never even used it. Even the biggest BB fanboys concur theres no contest

Guess they havent used Igo, or Navigon, or Tomtom. Take youre BB into a nonservice area- oh too bad no gps program if you get lost! No contest in the look of the gps programs either from the stick drawings in telmaps and amaze to the 3D views in Igo and Navigon.

85% of the country? Keep trying, thats VZW fanboy rhetoric.

Free apps on iphone >>>>>>> free or even paid apps on BB. Even BB fanobys will give the apps to the iphone.

The screens are basically the same with the iphone's bigger
    iphone: 3.5" 320x480
    Storm : 3.2" 360x480

Ill take over .3" diagonal size over 40 pixels resolution on the horizontal!!
    09-21-09 07:12 PM
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hankster

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Godfather
    1 BOLT is just as fast and good as Safari, if not better .You also dont know what OS stands for, its operating system, he wasnt talking about the Browser, so your thanks for repeating yourself is useless.
    2 Screen on the Storm is the best around in the business when it comes to actual display for media
    3 ease of use for youtube is the same on the both since the app is the same. difference is native att 3g is no where to be found, VZW is 85% of america
    5 internet browser through safari is awesome....if you get service, thanks for repeating yourself

Keep telling yourself your walking around with a "Godly" phone, you just were not qualified for an ADVANCED device and needed to be dumb-ey downed .

PS Go find an apple site, this site is for BB users, cant you see that your not wanted Jobs Zombie
    09-21-09 07:35 PM
    I love my iPhone but I agree with godfather on 2 points. Screen isn't that great on the iPhone and the GPS on the BB is a million times better. Then there's the battery, Storm battery life is a lot better IMO. Don't think I'm a fanboy, I'm not. I love BB's, I used to have a BB and it was awesome, and I love the iPhone.

09-22-09 01:38 AM

PS Go find an apple site, this site is for BB users, cant you see that your not wanted Jobs Zombie.
    You sir, are an ***-hat.

Anybody with enough mental capacity to wipe themselves can tell that the user experience on the iPhone is FAR superior to the Storm in more ways than one and theres no point in repeating what everyone here has already said.

Now stop being a troll...

oh and your imagination is just that, YOUR imagination... it has NO bearing on reality, sorry bud

(Sorry for going off topic but his post just rubbed me the wrong way)

Congrats on your new iphone, its a lovely device!
    09-22-09 08:56 AM
    This is the iPhone sub-forum, I know you might have got confused having to use WAP on your BB.

You wish, lol. Multi-touch, Pinch/Zoom, Webkit all make for the smoothest browsing experience possible on a mobile device.

Winner: iPhone

Really .. let's compare them:

Storm - 3.25 in (8.3 cm) TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive scratch-resistant screen with 360 X 480 pixel resolution and able to display 65,536 colours.

iPhone 3GS - 9 cm (3.5 in) liquid crystal display (320480 px at 6.3 px/mm, 160 ppi, HVGA) with scratch-resistant glass, and can render 262,144 colors. The capacitive touchscreen is designed for a bare finger, or multiple fingers for multi-touch sensing.

iPhone 3GS has integrated Youtube features for sharing media on the fly, not to mention the Youtube App is a million times faster and cleaner on the iPhone.

You really want to compare Apps between the Storm and iPhone? Really? lol

Winner: Obvious

Safari is awesome, it bears repeating. I have better service with AT&T, thanks. Not to mention 3G through AT&T is faster. Always has been.

Just comparing the stock GPS features of the iPhone & the Storm points to the clear winner. When you take into account all the extras (MobileMe features) and GPS based Apps (TomTom anyone?) the Storm doesn't even make it into the ring with the iPhone.

Oh, and my iPhone has WiFi.

Also, AT&T 3G supports dual band transmission, so while you have to end your call to jump on the web or use a data feature, I can talk, browse the web, send emails & text all at the same time.

Ease of Use: Winner - iPhone
    09-24-09 01:16 AM
    While I agree with some of what you said,the Bolt browser chews turds compared to Safari,and IMO the media is better on the iphone.

You made a couple of good points,but then you went into a childish Fanboi rant.....you lost me then.
    09-24-09 01:21 AM
    I too switched from the storm to the iPhone...what a big difference. The free apps are absolutely great...the typing is much quicker and simpler...even viewing FB on it is much greater. I'm glad I made the switch...I left one out of 3 lines on my verizon account...just in case.

09-28-09 08:22 PM
    haha that guy honestly just said bolt is as good as safari?

ive definitely heard it all now lol
    09-28-09 09:34 PM

Dude your an *****... from expierence ....

1. Dude Bolt sucks compaired to safari , if u dont know that , u havent used safari

2 Wow u are just dumb .... simple as that

3 Youtube on Storm sucks... your just trying to convince yourself... ur dumb

4 barly any free apps .. and 2.99 for a fart app isnt cheap, again , i hate u

5 Good thing we have WIFI hahaha dumb ***, and service isnt bad ... ur dumb

6. ONLY THING I AGREEE ON , not so dumb.
    09-28-09 11:01 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD