Found a Telus store that had a couple iphone 4's that just arrived by fluke and I jumped at it. Mind you I have been loving my Storm2 since I got it but man is it slow compared to this thing and the gargling voice and crappy battery life was taking its toll.

I have a feeling it's going to be a beautiful relationship from here on in............

Kind of making me feel like I've been missing out here AH well I'm seeing the light and so far it's looking pretty damn good!!
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 08-26-10 at 02:35 PM.
    08-26-10 02:32 PM
    Great to hear you managed to get one! From you quick comments, I'm sure you're gonna love it.
    08-26-10 02:39 PM
    congrats my man, came from a 9700 (sweet device) and many Berries before it. Didnt know if I would dig an i4, but 6+ weeks in, I cant put it dowm-amazing device-enjoy!
    08-26-10 03:10 PM
    congrats! can't wait to follow in your footsteps.

am envious: I can't wait to make the jump to ip4! Alas, I'm waiting for ATT to convert the former Alltel market I'm in to their network...which may be a few more months. I think I can bear the wait

Just kinda done with bb, want a better screen, less menu-driven os, more fun and games, and MUCH better browsing experience. Oh, and that small issue of bb/dmfm/and mac really not playing nice at all. Wow, a smartphone that plays nice with my mac - that's a concept I can embrace!
    08-26-10 03:33 PM
    Im doing something as small as putting my #'s in this thing and at how fast and advanced it is!!!! I'm like glowing right now I can't believe I have this thing.
    Last edited by jiggaman2g; 08-26-10 at 06:44 PM.
    08-26-10 03:59 PM
    Bro.... your going to like this phone. You already do from what i see. wait till you get the apps you want and make it more "you phone". The battery is great and the screen.... the best i ever seen

enjoy

08-26-10 04:03 PM
    Stick some HD vids on the thing. You can use Mediacoder to transcode to .mp4. When I first saw it, I couldn't believe it. really. You wouldn't think you'd be able to notice a difference on a tiny screen, but it's there, and it's huge.
    08-26-10 04:24 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I love Blackberry, and it was very hard to leave the fold. I am also not one to go about and trash the Blackberry, because I still think its awesome and served me well.

That being said, the iPhone 4 is absolutely bomb-diggity.
    08-26-10 05:39 PM
    I set up my WIFI and when coming back to the home screen I don't see an icon indicating that WIFI is on but in the menu it shows my information, is that confirmation? I'm not trying to rack up a nasty bill here.
    08-26-10 06:47 PM
    Go to settings, at the top of the page if your wifi network is displayed, youre connected, for instance mine is xray22, and it says that to the right of WiFi. Also on your home screen, you will have an icon in your task bar to the right of your carrier logo that looks like three radio waves.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 08-26-10 at 07:27 PM.
    08-26-10 07:22 PM
    Go to settings, at the top of the page if your wifi network is displayed, youre connected, for instance mine is xray22, and it says that to the right of WiFi. Also on your home screen, you will have an icon in your task bar to the right of your carrier logo that looks like three radio waves.
    Perfect! Thank you very much. I'm definitely on Wifi based on what you said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 07:37 PM
    I was the same way, I never had even owned or tried an Apple product at all until the 3GS and now the iphone 4, and now I can't see going back to anything else anytime soon.

You really dont know what youre missing until you actually try it and the apps for it.
    08-26-10 07:45 PM
    Perfect! Thank you very much. I'm definitely on Wifi based on what you said

Your more than welcome, my friend. Enjoy your new device!
    08-26-10 08:34 PM
    I came form a Bold 9700 and am loving this new Iphone. Once hotmail starts doing push I wont look back. Amazing device and love it and find it hard to put down.
    08-27-10 04:28 PM
    I came form a Bold 9700 and am loving this new Iphone. Once hotmail starts doing push I wont look back. Amazing device and love it and find it hard to put down.
    It should be working already. Set up your Hotmail account as an Exchange account, see if it works.
    08-27-10 04:35 PM
    It should be working already. Set up your Hotmail account as an Exchange account, see if it works.
    Tried it and it does not work so guess I will have to wait till next week when it is officially working.
    08-27-10 06:49 PM
    Does gmail already push to the ip4? I have a torch and several BB's before it and am very close to wanting to move to the iP4, but I need push email.

Thx

08-28-10 07:44 PM
    Does gmail already push to the ip4? I have a torch and several BB's before it and am very close to wanting to move to the iP4, but I need push email.

Thx

Sure does. Just don't use the built in gmail setup, gmail has info to use their exchange server with push
    08-28-10 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD