Steve Jobs will be the Tupac of the tech sector, for years after his death they will be releasing products that Steve Jobs had close intimate involvement in their design,
    Jobs connection!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    05-21-12 06:05 PM
    Baaaaaa baaaaa baaaaa
    Apple is winning, when will RIM?

RIM gives you guys cheap outdated hardware, and you all gravitate to it likes it the hottest thing on the market, shall we really discuss whom really are the sheep?
    05-21-12 06:39 PM

RIM gives you guys cheap outdated hardware, and you all gravitate to it likes it the hottest thing on the market, shall we really discuss whom really are the sheep?
    People who buy what they want despite being told they should try something else?

buying something that isn't popular is assessing your needs and making a choice based on them

BlackBerry does it better than anyone else for my Business centric needs, and also meets all of my recreational needs very well,

I don't know anyone who owns a BlackBerry "Because if you don't have a BlackBerry, well you don't have a BlackBerry"

It's wonderful you like Apples products, and it is great they have made the smartphone far from that, All the power too them,
    05-21-12 06:54 PM

Who stands in line in a fenced area waiting for the (barn) door to the Apple store to open
    05-21-12 07:12 PM
    Jobs was a college dropout. Your point?
    Well he wasn't exactly going to take computer science classes, he was too busy helping Woz invent them.

Jobs and Gates pretty much invented the PC field. They didn't need the education, they just made it up as they went along.

Cook may have been with Apple for 14 years, but either you have that inventors knack or you don't.

Cook spent six months at Compaq as VP for Corporate Materials before he was hired by Steve Jobs to join Apple in 1998. He initially served as Senior Vice President for Worldwide Operations. Prior to that, Cook served as the chief operating officer (COO) of the computer reseller division of Intelligent Electronics and spent 12 years in IBM's personal computer business as the director of North American Fulfillment.

Cook is credited with pulling Apple out of manufacturing by closing factories and warehouses around the world. This helped the company reduce inventory levels and streamline its supply chain, dramatically increasing margins. In January 2007, Cook was promoted to COO.

Cook served as Apple CEO for two months in 2004, when Jobs was recovering from pancreatic cancer surgery. In 2009, Cook again served as Apple CEO for several months while Jobs took a leave of absence for a liver transplant.
    Nothing in that resume says he has any sort of electronics experience.

So unless he's some sort of hidden savant that Jobs trained for 14 years while he was supposed to be doing his actual job, I doubt he'll fill those shoes.
    05-21-12 07:12 PM
    I'm gonna wait a while before I declare Tim Cook a failure, just like I'm not gonna call Thor a success a couple months in. Takes a little bit to see how CEO decisions effect the company as a whole.

Tim Cook's the supply chain genius right? That is very important as we've seen Apple and Samsung suck the wind from everyone else's sails by buying up/controlling the components and having the lowest manufacturing costs. So someone like Jonathan Ives can step forward and guide the design in their own vision. But can this person have the force of will Jobs had to make vision become reality. We'll see.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-21-12 07:32 PM
    This thread is in the wrong forum

Is Apple pr starting to push this 'concept' of the last Jobs iPhone. iSheep, get ready for the 4S with a larger screen, that's right, you waited one extra year for it
    I think it's pathetic. The iSheep are already looking back to 'glory days'...not good
    Credibility = Zero

Kill this thread or dump it in a rotten apple bin. This is a BlackBerry site.
    But it's also in the Other Smartphone and Tablets Section> iPhone/iPad. You could just stay out of this section. Like it or not, Apple, with it's iPhone, has a dominance in the smartphone market. Know thy enemy.
    05-21-12 08:05 PM
    RIM has the most simple OS their is on the entire market...and shall we speak on BB10 which is a clear ripoff of 3 different OS's, which have been in the lab for what over 2-3 years?

One thing is for sure, RIM does not have the talent Apple has, so we have to wait longer for things to be done.

I will agree that RIM has fallen in some productivity, and both Android and iOS phones can do way more then any Blackberry can do (besides great push email), but the simple OS is exactly the way that RIM and many of their customers want it. I feel that we should not harass them for that.

BB10 does appear to look similar to other operating systems but then again that can be said about every OS, windows is said to have taken their fonts from mac, iOS is said to have taken their notification bar from Android and to have taken iMessage from RIM, while where do you think that Android got the idea of icons on a central screen?

RIM took some of the best ideas and combined them to fit their customers' needs the best. Is it copying? yes, but when everyone does it, and it helps us consumers, why worry?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-21-12 08:57 PM
    Personally I like Apple product... But i also like rim products. I have my blackberry, my playbook, my iPod, macbook pro, mini etc...My kids have an iPhone, an android.. but it still feel my blackberry is way more useful for my needs!!
    Steve is gone, and its hard to say if we will see the same innovations from apple in the future, the track record shows apple seemed to fail overtime steve left in the past.... don't know that i will want to buy anymore post 2011 apple products!
    05-21-12 09:04 PM
    People lie, numbers don't, and whether you like it or not Apple is winning; my iPhone does more than any Blackberry can dream of, and more.
    Certainly apple is dominating the us market compared with rim but thats one market.

Elaborate on some things that your iphone does that a blackberry cant?

Blackberry 7, is nothingless than an simple outdated OS put together to sustain the little bit of marketshare RIM currently has, in which every Blackberry 7 device thus far have flopped!
    Their sales are poor compared to apple in the US market, but again thats 1 market

RIM has the most simple OS their is on the entire market; and shall we speak on BB10 which is a clear ripoff of 3 different OS's, which have been in the lab for what over 2-3 years? In which RIM still has not finished the project.
    rim aquired qnx in april 2010 so Id say around 2 years. Although this OS is a complete rebuild, but I wouldnt expect you to recoqnize the complexities of building their OS from scratch

How is BB10 a clear rip off and of which currently available OS's?

Blackberry 10 won't save RIM, it will be dead on arrival just like the playbook, which was supposed to kill the iPad according to you crackheads, remember?
    BB10 alone wont "save" RIM, but coupled with new hardware and marketed correctly RIM could retake back some of its lost US share.

At the end of the day even if you are an Apple loyalist or love your droid or BB for that matter, competition in the market place always benefits the consumer.
    05-21-12 10:14 PM
    People who buy what they want despite being told they should try something else?

buying something that isn't popular is assessing your needs and making a choice based on them

BlackBerry does it better than anyone else for my Business centric needs, and also meets all of my recreational needs very well,

I don't know anyone who owns a BlackBerry "Because if you don't have a BlackBerry, well you don't have a BlackBerry"

It's wonderful you like Apples products, and it is great they have made the smartphone far from that, All the power too them,
    Every company benefits from that, not just Apple. A couple years ago all my friends and I were locked into the BBM ecosystem. You either had a Blackberry, or you didn't. Even a lot of my girlfriends got Blackberry because that was the cool thing at the time. Did they care about push email? Nope. Data compression? Haha, they'd have no idea what that was. Security? I don't think so.
    Last edited by brucep1; 05-22-12 at 07:02 AM.
    05-22-12 06:58 AM
    Steve Jobs was such a symbol of Apple, he passed away too young and
    undoubtedly with plenty of innovative ideas still brewing.
    The iPhone enjoys 27% market share in the smartphone category,
    that's second only to Google's Android with 44% market share.
    Can Apple continue to innovate without Jobs?
    This sounds like the entry to a great article, why did you stop? Seriously!!!!

The thing that gets me about the larger phone, I think I remember Steve himself being quoted in saying that a 3.5" screen is the best size for a smartphone. To a certain degree, I can agree. Your thumb can pretty go all over the screen w/that size.

I think some of those new smartphones that are coming out from Android are just too big, I think 4-4.3" is a good size, I don't get those people talking on the Note, saw a commercial and the guy looked ridiculous, holding it up to his ear. But that's just me.
    05-22-12 10:11 AM
    Who stands in line in a fenced area waiting for the (barn) door to the Apple store to open
    Foolish statement. Standing in line for a product does not make you a "sheep". Buying something just because you were told to and/or just because everyone else has it is what makes a "sheep". Or, buying something just because it's made by a certain company. Believe it or not, some of those people who wait on line KNOW what they are buying and WANT to buy it because THEY want it and not because someone else said to get it. People want things ASAP, that's what the line is for.

If you are going to insult people, please do it properly.
    Last edited by avt123; 05-22-12 at 11:13 AM.
    Yaceka and kevinnugent like this.
    05-22-12 11:08 AM
    Every company benefits from that, not just Apple. A couple years ago all my friends and I were locked into the BBM ecosystem. You either had a Blackberry, or you didn't. Even a lot of my girlfriends got Blackberry because that was the cool thing at the time. Did they care about push email? Nope. Data compression? Haha, they'd have no idea what that was. Security? I don't think so.
    That's true. When I picked up my BB it was my first smartphone. I chose it because of the keyboard, but I had more than a few friends who got it because at the time the view was that it was a prestige device. Important people have them. Not just anyone had a BB. Several hated the phone pretty quickly after getting it but stuck with it for the implied prestige factor.

In 2007/08, actually going back to the Pearl release, having a BB was the equivalent of having an iPhone or Air Jordan's or a Jag...and RIM was more than pleased to have that reputation. Which is why I laugh at the disdain people level at Apple users.

I got blisters on me fingers! from using Tapatalk.
    Yaceka likes this.
    05-22-12 01:00 PM
    Foolish statement. Standing in line for a product does not make you a "sheep". Buying something just because you were told to and/or just because everyone else has it is what makes a "sheep". Or, buying something just because it's made by a certain company. Believe it or not, some of those people who wait on line KNOW what they are buying and WANT to buy it because THEY want it and not because someone else said to get it. People want things ASAP, that's what the line is for.

If you are going to insult people, please do it properly.
    The ignore list will be your friend in this case, AVT, trust me. Heh.

05-22-12 01:01 PM

Never a truer word. He'll go away if he doesn't get the response he's after. I saw his reply was quoted but honestly his baiting doesn't warrant my attention and he's not quoted often so it's pretty peaceful for me lately.
    kevinnugent and reeneebob like this.
    05-22-12 01:05 PM

Never a truer word. He'll go away if he doesn't get the response he's after. I saw his reply was quoted but honestly his baiting doesn't warrant my attention and he's not quoted often so it's pretty peaceful for me lately.
    Yea. Surprisingly no one is on my ignore list.

It is probably a wise choice to censor myself from this one.
    05-22-12 02:10 PM
    I feel sorry for Sir Jonathan Ive in all this, he's the genius behind the iphone's physical form to date and will continue to be. As has been said SJ was a micro manager who brought all the aspects of the iphone together into a cohesive experience. So to whomever said if Ive steps up...he already has, a long time ago.

On another point yes BB10 takes features from other platforms...how else can it catch up? That doesn't preclude innovation like the keyboard implementation. Most of the ios features added in each iteration are from other platforms...ios 5 was entirely other platforms ideas. At the end of the day we should be pleased as it aids competition so better products for us consumers!
    05-22-12 04:15 PM
    That's gonna be a huge selling point I guess but didn't Steve Jobs work closely. On all the other iphones too so what's the big deal with this one
    05-22-12 04:34 PM
    They're going to rollout an iPhone XL.

Then the next advancement will be the iPhone Nano.

Followed shortly after by the screenless iPhone Shuffle, where you just shake the phone and it randomly dials numbers.

They'll offer the 4 sizes with a variety of colors.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
    05-22-12 04:49 PM

Baaaaaa Baaaaaa Baaaaaa
    05-22-12 05:45 PM

Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaa Baaaaaaa
    05-22-12 05:46 PM
    Yea. Surprisingly no one is on my ignore list.

It is probably a wise choice to censor myself from this one.

Please let me be the first one
    05-22-12 05:46 PM
    very flexible???!! yeah, sure. RIM has adapted to market really well. see stock price and declining market share is US.

Apple has the ability to focus on fewer products and make it better and more polished. I think their 100 billion is cash has proven that.
    First off, stock price is the worst indicator of a company's current situation, let alone its future direction. It's a very good indicator of how it performed last quarter, which is typically the result decisions made years prior. So please leave current stock price trends out of tech discussions -- they are totally irrelevant.

Secondly, the RIM of today is not the RIM that failed to recognize that a new course needed to be charted five years ago. It's going to be a few more months before we see how well RIM has adapted through the results of the new course that RIM set two years ago.
    05-22-12 05:59 PM
    I feel sorry for Sir Jonathan Ive in all this, he's the genius behind the iphone's physical form to date and will continue to be.
    Why feel sorry for him? Jobs always gave him his due credit publicly and I'm sure he's nicely compensated as an Apple executive?
    05-22-12 06:08 PM
109 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD