05-21-12 03:54 AM
    Steve Jobs was such a symbol of Apple, he passed away too young and
    undoubtedly with plenty of innovative ideas still brewing.
    The iPhone enjoys 27% market share in the smartphone category,
    that's second only to Google's Android with 44% market share.
    Can Apple continue to innovate without Jobs?
    triplealiali likes this.
    05-21-12 04:11 AM
    its funny how apple news pop up in the crackberry news and rumours section. hahaha.
    anyway, if i were to guess. the new iphone will have a unibody design as with their macbook lineup.
    05-21-12 04:40 AM
    I currently have an iPhone 4S, I don't think there is anything Apple could do to "wow" me with the iPhone 5.

I am waiting on a BB10, Bold 9900 looking, device.
    05-21-12 05:25 AM
    Wonder if it still has the same bland looking OS showing up on that bigger screen?
    05-21-12 06:38 AM
    Wonder if it still has the same bland looking OS showing up on that bigger screen?
    The next iOS will probably look similar to the current one, with a couple features added here and there. But I think the look of it is here to stay.
    05-21-12 06:40 AM
    Who cares.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-21-12 06:49 AM
    This thread is in the wrong forum

Is Apple pr starting to push this 'concept' of the last Jobs iPhone. iSheep, get ready for the 4S with a larger screen, that's right, you waited one extra year for it
    05-21-12 06:55 AM
    ...LOL @ a Blackberry crackhead calling iOS a bland OS; OS10 won't save RIM.
    Yaceka likes this.
    05-21-12 06:58 AM
    ^ lol @ somebody who isn't a blackberry crackhead that still visits blackberry forums.

Since I stopped using my iphone, and stopped playing video games I had no reason to lurk on those forums any more. Clearly that is not the case for others.

As for Jobs working closing with the next release. It only makes sense. They have only released one phone since his passing (and that was very close to his death). I'm sure his company like many others have more than one generation/model/concept in the works.
    05-21-12 07:06 AM
    Steve Jobs will be the Tupac of the tech sector, for years after his death they will be releasing products that Steve Jobs had close intimate involvement in their design,
    05-21-12 07:53 AM
    Its quite interesting the effect this is having. Its amazing marketing and Apple doesn't have to pay a dime for it.
    05-21-12 07:58 AM
    Steve Jobs will be the Tupac of the tech sector, for years after his death they will be releasing products that Steve Jobs had close intimate involvement in their design,
    Be ready for it. There were rumors that he left Apple with a couple years of products before he died.
    05-21-12 08:00 AM
    I think it's pathetic. The iSheep are already looking back to 'glory days'...not good
    05-21-12 08:06 AM
    Be ready for it. There were rumors that he left Apple with a couple years of products before he died.
    of course there were,

I'm sure he had 100's of ideas and plans, little drawings over the years, for technologies that don't yet exist,

Apple and the tech media will milk Steve Jobs legacy as long as it can generate additional profits, and page hits
    05-21-12 08:10 AM
    And hey if it sucks we can blame it on the dead guy...The Tupac comment was so right on.

Want to sell something or get some VC money...'When I talked to Steve Jobs about it he thought I should do this and this and I did!'

05-21-12 08:14 AM
    I think it's pathetic. The iSheep are already looking back to 'glory days'...not good
    Look, I'm about as big a BB fan as they come, but this kind of talk isn't helping anybody or anything. Like him or not, Jobs' vision brought Apple to where it is today. So why should they not have confidence in that portion of his vision that he himself did not live long enough to see through? Last I read, he had plans laid out for at least five years down the road. What would you suggest they pursue if not that?

I'm sure you don't like people crapping on your BB; quit crapping on other people and their choices.
    pkcable, avt123, kbz1960 and 5 others like this.
    05-21-12 08:21 AM
    Look, I'm about as big a BB fan as they come, but this kind of talk isn't helping anybody or anything. Like him or not, Jobs' vision brought Apple to where it is today. So why should they not have confidence in that portion of his vision that he himself did not live long enough to see through? Last I read, he had plans laid out for at least five years down the road. What would you suggest they pursue if not that?

I'm sure you don't like people crapping on your BB; quit crapping on other people and their choices.
    Just because they've got a roadmap laid out by Jobs doesn't mean they have the same attention to detail he did.

Look at the problems with the '4G LTE' status of the iPad. He would have definitely caught onto that before it was launched and there would be regional 4G iPads available at a premium over the North American ones. There wouldn't have been a case of Australians getting up in arms over their expensive fondleslab not working as advertised.

Jobs was a micromanager, a control freak and a acid head, but he knew what he was doing. He knew electronics. Tim Cook, an Industrial Engineer and MBA, does not. He may know how to whip Chinese workers into pumping out product at double the rate, but they need someone with Jobsian attention to detail in charge of the final product design.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    05-21-12 08:53 AM
    ...LOL @ a Blackberry crackhead calling iOS a bland OS; OS10 won't save RIM.
    Yes I have an iPod touch (aka iPhone without cell guts) to formulate that opinion with. I think the OS is pretty bland, and that home button is so quaint. Engineered so the lowest common denominator can use it. You're using and proud of a piece of tech that grannies and 2 year olds can use with ease too, congrats! And this is Crackberry by the way so most users here are going to be pro-Blackberry and not iPhone.
    SnoozerBold and bigbmc26 like this.
    05-21-12 08:56 AM
    Just because they've got a roadmap laid out by Jobs doesn't mean they have the same attention to detail he did.

Look at the problems with the '4G LTE' status of the iPad. He would have definitely caught onto that before it was launched and there would be regional 4G iPads available at a premium over the North American ones. There wouldn't have been a case of Australians getting up in arms over their expensive fondleslab not working as advertised.

Jobs was a micromanager, a control freak and a acid head, but he knew what he was doing. He knew electronics. Tim Cook, an Industrial Engineer and MBA, does not. He may know how to whip Chinese workers into pumping out product at double the rate, but they need someone with Jobsian attention to detail in charge of the final product design.
    I'm gonna wait a while before I declare Tim Cook a failure, just like I'm not gonna call Thor a success a couple months in. Takes a little bit to see how CEO decisions effect the company as a whole.
    05-21-12 09:00 AM
    @Morlock_Man
    How do you presume to know anything at all about Tim Cook? He's the guy Jobs wanted to be CEO after he died. Reckon maybe he knows anything you don't?
    05-21-12 09:05 AM

Steve Jobs was definitely a visionary, but really the iPad is the only product to launch right the first time, Steve J most often misses the mark with his visions, lucky for the Apple loving public he is pretty quick to see his mistakes and fix them,

iPhone launched without 3rd party app support?
    iPod launched without MP3 support but
    MacBooks until popularity of other Apple products never gained any real market share over decades of hard advertisement

The magic that was Steve was he and his team could adapt their vision to meet what consumers would buy, but his first draft visions are not gold
    gravymonster likes this.
    05-21-12 09:07 AM

Uhh, he was still quite alive and mostly well when the iP4's antenna problem blew up. Whether or not that was a legitimate 'scandal', iPhones are still notorious for having comparatively poor radio reception. He wasn't perfect. Nor does anyone have any idea how well Cook will or will not be able to execute. Obviously Apple will not be the same without Jobs at the helm; but there's absolutely no way at this stage for anyone to say it will be worse. Do you really think Jobs was the only one in that organization with any kind of attention to detail?
    avt123 likes this.
    05-21-12 09:07 AM

Oh okay, so Apple is nothing without Jobs. I suggest they pursue the future

The Apple marketing machine is milking this 'touched by Jobs' iPhone like a cow milking machine set on maximum
    05-21-12 09:17 AM
    Oh okay, so Apple is nothing without Jobs. I suggest they pursue the future

The Apple marketing machine is milking this 'touched by Jobs' iPhone like a cow milking machine set on maximum
    I think you could make the argument that Apple would have been nothing without Jobs return. But I also think Apple planned ahead for life after Jobs the last couple of years and they have a lot smart people in supporting roles for the future.
    05-21-12 09:25 AM
109 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD