Just got an alert that Jobs is resigning as CEO. He wants to stay on as Chairman of the Board. This is too bad, because Jobs is the company. But, if he can no longer do the job, then I suppose it is the right decision.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...BcJ_story.html
    08-24-11 06:06 PM
    wow steve jobs last iphone-the iphone 5.man did great things for this company.apple wouldn't be where it is now without his expertise.it's time for some rim guys to step down as well.
    08-24-11 06:09 PM
    It's SO weird to think of Apple without Jobs. But, I do feel that if he cannot do the job, then he probably should step down. I do wish him all the best. He's done a lot not only for the company, but for computing and mobile technology in general. The iPod revolutionized music, IMHO.
    08-24-11 06:12 PM
    Just got an alert that Jobs is resigning as CEO. He wants to stay on as Chairman of the Board. This is too bad, because Jobs is the company. But, if he can no longer do the job, then I suppose it is the right decision.

Steve Jobs resigning as CEO, effective immediately, Apple says; he’ll be replaced by Tim Cook - The Washington Post
    I guess all great things must come to an end.

But the legacy he leaves as CEO is outstanding. Taking Apple from being the laughing stock of Dell and investors to eclipsing Exxon-Mobil for a bit as the world's most valuable company in a little over 10 years is outstanding.

His oversight of revolutionizing the way we think about computers, including the importance of design and style (where you can own something that isn't beige and ugly). The importance of pushing standards forward and leaving old medium behind (floppy, now even CD/DVD drives it seems). The iMacs. The eMacs for education. The Cube. The PowerBook series.

And then his guidance in the spin-offs. Under his helm, he brought a portable media device into an already competitive market and not only revolutionized the portable media industry, it effectively led the surge for digital media over physical media, despite the many objections the iPod had at launch.

Love it or hate it, the iPhone I think really pushed forward the smartphone era to the current day. Sure, BlackBerry introduced this idea of PIN, email, and security. Sure, Palm and WinMo helped push smartphones to the businessfolk and the idea of a computer in your pocket. But touch without a stylus? Easy to use and something a normal consumer would want to buy? Now everyone tries to emulate the success and design of the iPhone.

And his latest push of the iPad. Tablets have been in the market for a while, but now it's saw a surge because Steve saw that putting a phone in a tablet worked better than stuffing a computer into a tablet. They sell like hotcakes.

I'm rambling, but I think that love or hate Apple or what they stand for or their CEO or their products, I think you'd be pressed to find someone that disagrees that they've changed the market based on their products. Apple has never been one to invent an entirely new line of electronics; instead, they find a market and make a product that is ahead of everyone else, improved in any way, and becomes the benchmark for future devices.

I think you'll be pressed to find such a marketing genius and innovator leading a company for a while to the quick and sustained success that Apple has with Steve Jobs.

Unfortunately, I know this will hurt Apple stocks. Apple without Steve won't be the same. But I don't think it will be for the worse. Especially with varying health these past few years, you know that Steve Jobs has personally groomed people in the company to continue to lead Apple the path that they are currently on.

Edit: I didn't even mention his steady-state of style and presentation genius (which are so much more interesting than other press conferences in my opinion).
    08-24-11 06:19 PM
    As much as I hate Apple, I think Jobs is pretty awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD