Ok so maybe I'm reading into this a little bit. You tell me what you think.

Yesterday during the OS4 Press Conference. Jobs says, "How many iPhones have we sold to date? Over 50 million. If you add iPod touches into that, it�s over 85 million"

Then about an hour later he says, "We�re going to soon have 100m devices."

Does AT&T have 100 million customers? I doubt it. Do you think he is hinting to the fact of another carrier? I know Apple is always so secret about this stuff but I was just wondering what everyone thought about that.

How can you go from 50 Million to 100 Million Iphones sold when AT&T doesn't have 100 Million customers? Just Saying.
    04-09-10 07:59 AM
    How about iPads? You are reading WAY too much into that statement.
    04-09-10 08:01 AM
    Ipads they sold 450,000 lol

Maybe I am reading into it to much.....then again maybe not. No one really knows except Apple anyways. Everything else is speculation. I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks. Thats all.
    04-09-10 08:06 AM
    Sure but my opinion is maybe another 5 million of iPhones on AT&T and the rest iPod Touches of which you do not need AT&T.

If he's thinking another carrier he would say much more than 100 million.

You must remember At&t has 80-90 million customers but not even half of those have iPhones... so theoretically there is much much more room to grow within At&t for the iPhone.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 04-09-10 at 08:11 AM.
    04-09-10 08:08 AM
    Good Point. I guess we have to wait and see. lol I don't do good at waiting. lol
    04-09-10 08:17 AM
    They can easily sell over 100 mil just keeping it on AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 09:08 AM
    They can easily sell over 100 mil just keeping it on AT&T.

They could more than double that if they had it on the other carriers, and have a much larger 3G footprint to use the phone on too. Hopefully Sprint and Verizon are implementing SVDO (uses 1x for Voice and EVDO for data simultaneously), as my guess is that is a requirement from Apple for a CDMA iPhone.
    04-09-10 09:48 AM
    Since Apple is all about perfection, another reason why it's taken them so long for multitasking; that's probably another reason why they have not spread to other carriers yet...
    04-09-10 10:07 AM
    VERIZON is slated to get a apple phone and when that happens sales will double but a lot of att users will migrate to VERIZON for better service. I can att being bought out by T-Mobile in the future.

04-09-10 10:14 AM
    Keep dreaming

Tmo is the one in trouble of being bought out as DT wants to limit its US venture.

ATT has 3 times the customers as Tmo as not far behind VZW, they arent going anywhere
    04-09-10 11:30 AM
    I can att being bought out by T-Mobile in the future.

I think you're the only one that can see that.
    04-09-10 12:42 PM
    Can't wait till Verizon gets the iPhone so I can terminate my AT&T contract. Love the iPhone but AT&T sucks.
    04-09-10 12:44 PM
    Ok so maybe I'm reading into this a little bit. You tell me what you think.

Yesterday during the OS4 Press Conference. Jobs says, "How many iPhones have we sold to date? Over 50 million. If you add iPod touches into that, it�s over 85 million"

Then about an hour later he says, "We�re going to soon have 100m devices."

Does AT&T have 100 million customers? I doubt it. Do you think he is hinting to the fact of another carrier? I know Apple is always so secret about this stuff but I was just wondering what everyone thought about that.

How can you go from 50 Million to 100 Million Iphones sold when AT&T doesn't have 100 Million customers? Just Saying.
    Yes you are reading way too much into that. Notice he said "devices" not iPhones. That's counting the iPod Touch and iPad. I know people want this to happen but thinking like this is just sad.
    04-09-10 12:48 PM
    VERIZON is slated to get a apple phone and when that happens sales will double but a lot of att users will migrate to VERIZON for better service. I can att being bought out by T-Mobile in the future.

Really, I had not heard that VZW was getting the iPhone from Apple. Until they say it nothing else matters.
    04-09-10 12:50 PM
    That's 100M devices between iPhones, iPod touch's and iPads.

That isn't limited to sales solely in the United States...
    04-09-10 09:58 PM
    Yes you are reading way too much into that. Notice he said "devices" not iPhones. That's counting the iPod Touch and iPad. I know people want this to happen but thinking like this is just sad.
    exactly, he also didn't say "100 million more devices", so between the 85 million, that's only 15 million to state as being the volume (including the iPad) for this year or something.
    04-10-10 10:27 AM
    Reading WAY too much into it. The only hint to other carriers will be when and if they are announced.
    04-10-10 11:42 AM
    I have a strong feeling that iPhone will be going to Big Red this summer. AT&T's contract should be up by then. IDK about you guys but I'd rather have a Verizon iPhone than an AT&T one.
    04-10-10 11:46 AM
    I have a strong feeling that iPhone will be going to Big Red this summer. AT&T's contract should be up by then. IDK about you guys but I'd rather have a Verizon iPhone than an AT&T one.
    What contract are you referring to?
    04-10-10 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD