I know the iPhone calendar hasn't changed significantly since the original iPhone release.

One of the things I don't like about the iPhone is how tedious it is to move around and enter data in the calendar. The constant taps and moving back and forth between screens for setting every bit like time and reminders is too much for me.

I saw only one 3rd party solution by PocketInformant, which has a lot of functions, but event entry seems just as tedious as the stock calendar.

Just out of interest, is there any 3rd party solution that's better in this particular aspect? It's encouraging that at least in iPhone 4 3rd parties can write to the iPhone calendar, so maybe alternative interfaces can address this shortcoming of the original app.
    06-19-10 11:56 PM
    I know the iPhone calendar hasn't changed significantly since the original iPhone release.

One of the things I don't like about the iPhone is how tedious it is to move around and enter data in the calendar. The constant taps and moving back and forth between screens for setting every bit like time and reminders is too much for me.

I saw only one 3rd party solution by PocketInformant, which has a lot of functions, but event entry seems just as tedious as the stock calendar.

Just out of interest, is there any 3rd party solution that's better in this particular aspect? It's encouraging that at least in iPhone 4 3rd parties can write to the iPhone calendar, so maybe alternative interfaces can address this shortcoming of the original app.

I have tried most of the "popular" 3rd party calendar apps......... i am back to using the native calendar, some poorly imitate it and some totally fail at creating a worthy calendar app. I must say though that i am not thrilled about the native calendar, but it is good enough until the perfect calendar app comes out.
    06-20-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD