Do anyone know whether I could tether iPhone to windows 7 via usb?
    Iím looking to switch to the iPhone. I was thinking about switching to Sprint; their plan sounds very nice. Tethering is necessary but Iím not sure if itís an option on the iPhone. I looked at my friendís network in the setting and didnít see an option to tether. I believe he is with ATT, not sure if that matters. Iím not look for a hotspot.
    04-07-12 12:57 PM
    You can't tether unless you are jailbroken. And at this point there isn't a full stable jailbreak out there for ios 5.1
    If you can find an app that will allow you to tether good luck, usually apple finds them and takes them down.
    04-08-12 08:24 AM
    You can't tether unless you are jailbroken. And at this point there isn't a full stable jailbreak out there for ios 5.1
    If you can find an app that will allow you to tether good luck, usually apple finds them and takes them down.
    Actually there is a way to tether for free without jailbreaking and without a tether plan from your carrier. Tether released an HTML5 based app after Apple removed their app from the app store due to carrier complaints. The app requires a $30 yearly fee but I think it's worth it for those of you in the states who have to pay extra on top of your data plan for a tethering plan. Here's the link:

Tether your iPhone | Tether
    liestarter likes this.
    04-08-12 04:40 PM
    The hotspot feature that the iPhone offers includes tethering.
    04-09-12 02:19 PM
    The hotspot feature that the iPhone offers includes tethering.
    Yes but it is an additional charge. I have to pay 20$ a month for 2gb. Which I have not gone over. But I can understand the OP's not wanting to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-09-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD