What should I do??? convince me to make the switch.... I really want the iPhone especially when the 3.0 OS comes out...

I'm trying to give Sprint the benefit of the doubt that they will come out with the Tour 9630, because i LOVE BBM soooooo much!
    I also love the Simply Everything Plan, Unlimited EVERYTHING for 99.99/month.

Help me decide! Make me want to come to AT&T, is my early termination fee worth it???????

*I should add that I have a MacBookPro and would never consider going to a PC again in life...*

-How is the service? Dropped calls? Dead Zones?
    -Custoemr Service?
    -Phone insurance?
    -Anything to wim me over and make me leave my beloved BBM!!!
    -Whats the release date for the new 3.0 OS???

HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by WhitBerry1207; 05-28-09 at 06:18 PM.
    05-28-09 06:15 PM
    That is a decision only you can make. I will give you somethings to do to make up your mind. 1st, get an iPhone to play with to see if you like how it works. 2nd take this phone everywhere you can think of that you will need it to work and see if you have good coverage their, if you find both work for you then keep the iPhone, if it doesn't, return it.
    05-28-09 06:56 PM
    That is a decision only you can make. I will give you somethings to do to make up your mind. 1st, get an iPhone to play with to see if you like how it works. 2nd take this phone everywhere you can think of that you will need it to work and see if you have good coverage their, if you find both work for you then keep the iPhone, if it doesn't, return it.
    I was actually planning on doing that when the new OS drops. that 3.0 is AMAZING!
    05-28-09 08:27 PM
    -How is the service? Dropped calls? Dead Zones?
    -Custoemr Service?
    -Phone insurance?
    -Anything to wim me over and make me leave my beloved BBM!!!
    -Whats the release date for the new 3.0 OS???
    I get no dropped calls, no dead zones. Service is excellent. This should not mean anything to you though... you locale may yield bad service for you. Best ones to ask are others with AT&T around you, especially those with iPhones. If you see someone on your way to work with one, ask them and see what they say.

Customer service is great for me. Then again, don't measure it by my experience, I'm a manager for them, so I know how to get my way, even when I shouldn't.

No phone insurance through Apple. I remember you having mac (correct me if I'm wrong), so you know how AppleCare works... it's awesome.

Nothing to win you over except, especially because BBM is a big reason I still have two devices. Honesty, you can get over bbm with push on BeeJiveIM. (Yes you will have to pay for BeeJiveIM again if you have the BlackBerry version.)

Release date is set for the summer, no exact date. My guess is June 8th at WWDC or July 17th with the release of a new iPhone.
    05-29-09 12:16 AM
    P.S. The equivalent to Simply Everything with AT&T is $150-$160/mo ($10 extra for Navigator).
    05-29-09 12:17 AM
    As stated earlier, the best thing you can do is try one for yourself. As you are going through your daily routine, you will find the things you like and don't like about it. During this time, you will also find out if AT&T coverage is good where you need it. I switched from VZW to AT&T and I haven't experienced any changes in coverage, but that's not to say you wouldn't. So test it out and make the best decision for yourself. Also, you can probably sell the Curve to cover the ETF.
    05-29-09 09:21 AM
    The best advice without a doubt is what Duvi mentioned above, ask others with AT&T preferably iPhone users in your specific location. I receive excellent 3g service here in sw Florida fwiw (1.5-2Mb_d / .5Mb_u).
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 05-29-09 at 10:53 AM.
    05-29-09 10:51 AM
    It's good to ask people what they think and how they feel but nothing is better than trying for yourself. People have a habit of overhyping something they love, and detroying something they hate. So if someone has AT&T service and they hate it.... they might tell you they hate it, but they don't tell you they spend most of their time in their friends basement playing video games LOL. And if someone love the iPhone they are gonna gas you up real good. So the best thing is to take it for a spin yourself. If you don't then someone will put a spin on it and AT&T which may not relevant to your own needs.
    05-29-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks for your feedback you guys! I am definitely going to try it out and then follow up... I do not want to have two phones so I am either going to have to get over BBM or stay with BlackBerry, I think I can do it tho...
    05-29-09 04:06 PM

Release date is set for the summer, no exact date. My guess is June 8th at WWDC or July 17th with the release of a new iPhone.
    So there is going to be a new iPhone for sure??? Like a whole new unit???
    05-29-09 04:09 PM
    It will not be a dramatic change but yes.
    05-29-09 04:10 PM
    It will not be a dramatic change but yes.
    So will I be outdated with an iPhone 3g???
    05-29-09 04:23 PM
    So will I be outdated with an iPhone 3g???
    Just wait a couple weeks and we'll all know for sure if/when there will be a new iPhone and the different features. See the below..... but wait a little until you get the 3G.

iPhone rumor alert: Next-gen specs and launch date : Boy Genius Report
    05-29-09 04:47 PM
    Just wait a couple weeks and we'll all know for sure if/when there will be a new iPhone and the different features. See the below..... but wait a little until you get the 3G.

iPhone rumor alert: Next-gen specs and launch date : Boy Genius Report
    Hmmmmm patience is a virtue!!!! I think I will wait especially wait for June 8th, to hear what is to come for the summer....
    05-29-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD