We're probably all having fun downloading apps (particularly those of us new to iPhone).

But after going through the apps thread and gleefully grabbing a handful more, I'm getting that familiar edgy feeling, like soon glitches or spinning wheels will start from conflict or one too many apps.

Is this a legitimate concern? Or given the processor and storage, is there breathing room? How do you know when to stop yourself before bad behavior starts? Just thinking out loud and wondering what others have experienced.
    11-16-11 05:25 AM
    Good question, even though i still have 10g left on mine. i haven't found very many interesting apps yet.(at least not to my liking)
    11-16-11 05:33 AM
    Look, I wouldnt worry.

I have a 16GB iPhone4. Currently have 119 apps installed, a mixture of productive and games.. I'm a BIG ios gamer.

But out of habit (due to owning Blackberry's) I usually try to keep around 2GB of memory free... I've gone as low as having 1GB free and hadn't notice any slow down... but I reckon the iPhone must have a reserve/limit...
    Last edited by The Gift; 11-16-11 at 05:44 AM.
    11-16-11 05:41 AM
    hi periwinkle. As far as apps go, I just use what I need. That's the type of person I am. I have about 6 wp app (I love wps) and then my necessities-keeper, BOA, map quest and I just added tap a talk the other day. I can tell you my daughter has the 16g and has about 30-35 apps on there comfortably with out any issues

Even when I had my bb, I was never a huge app person. I literally had just a small handful of apps that I used also
    11-16-11 06:47 AM
    I have 61 installed and haven't seen any issues. I put on about 8GBs of music, another 6GBs is apps, emails, and whatnot, with about 2GBs open for whatever. I haven't seen any performance issues at all, apps run fast and switching is no problem.

My main issue around app is what is and what isn't home screen worthy
    11-16-11 08:33 AM
    Well if I did my math correctly on my phone approx. 2000 apps would be too many based on my space left and averaging 5 mb an app....
    11-16-11 09:11 AM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But my 16 GB 4S came from the factory with only 13.8 GB available, which leads me to believe that the other 2.2 GB was dedicated to the running of the OS. Therefore, since the memory is already allotted, you could in theory fill the remainder up with as many apps as you had space for, not affecting the running of the OS. Am I correct?
    11-16-11 05:11 PM
    Yep until your memory (cache) died...lol that would be like going back to a storm....
    11-16-11 05:13 PM
    We're probably all having fun downloading apps (particularly those of us new to iPhone).

But after going through the apps thread and gleefully grabbing a handful more, I'm getting that familiar edgy feeling, like soon glitches or spinning wheels will start from conflict or one too many apps.

Is this a legitimate concern? Or given the processor and storage, is there breathing room? How do you know when to stop yourself before bad behavior starts? Just thinking out loud and wondering what others have experienced.
    Sounds like you've been using BB for way too long...lol. I have 6 or 7 screens of apps (quite addicted to apps) But no worries. Idk it the size of the iphone matters but I have a 64GB but one thing I've noticed that I do and comes from using BBs I believe, I am constantly clearing out the open apps. Another addiction lol. But theres no lag or glitches from having all those apps. Nice change from having a BB freeze up or start acting weird.
    11-17-11 12:50 AM
    My main issue around app is what is and what isn't home screen worthy
    LOL good one... thats so true!
    11-17-11 08:27 AM
    I have about 15 apps. I have more on my bb.
    11-17-11 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD