The 1st Gen iPhone had horrid speaker quality-

iPhone 3G improved it a bit-

Has iPhone 3Gs improved the sound quality of the 3G?

I can't find any mention of this.

IE, is the sound louder, more full, and less tiney?
    07-07-09 04:53 PM
    Some people say it's better but my speakerphone is only slightly louder than my wife's 3G. Apple needs to turn up the volume in one of their software updates. I can't really use the speakerphone unless I have complete quiet. I tried using it in my car yesterday FTL........
    07-07-09 07:11 PM
    All I can say is that the audio quality on my Storm is better. I mentioned this in another thread that I enjoy watching videos and movies, music, I was rather disappointed with the audio quality of the iPhone. The iPhone does not handle ambient sound as well as the Storm and IMO, that just enhances the experiance for me. The camera and audio is my biggest complaint.
    07-07-09 07:19 PM
    All I can say is that the audio quality on my Storm is better. I mentioned this in another thread that I enjoy watching videos and movies, music, I was rather disappointed with the audio quality of the iPhone. The iPhone does not handle ambient sound as well as the Storm and IMO, that just enhances the experiance for me. The camera and audio is my biggest complaint.
    Sure, iPhone doesn't have the best speakers-

But the Storm's speakers aren't so hot either.

It produces a horrible tinny, hollow sound.

Out of all the smartphones I've had, the Bold's speakers are AMAZING.

I just wish all smartphones had such speaker quality.
    07-08-09 01:10 PM
    The iPhone is notorious for craptastic speakers. That's why I say the iPhone is just a toy. That includes all the versions, even the 3GS.
    07-08-09 01:13 PM
    Oh yea.

Crappy speakers = Toy.

07-08-09 01:32 PM
    I really don't find the 3GS speakers to be that bad. I find them to be better than the 3G. I use headphones anyways if I'm watching a movie. And I don't know how someone can be dissappointed with the iPhone 3GS camera (unless you meant the 1st or 2nd gen). The 3GS camera is definitely better than the Storms. By far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 01:33 PM
    The iPhone is notorious for craptastic speakers. That's why I say the iPhone is just a toy. That includes all the versions, even the 3GS.
    lol, brilliant analysis
    07-08-09 05:19 PM
    One thing I noticed that made a world of difference was going into Settings, then iPod then enabling the EQ and setting it to where you want. Also make sure Volume Limit is set to off.

I've found tho I'm married to the headphones that came with the 3GS. Sound quality is great and you can answer phone calls, adjust volume and pause/play etc just from the controls on the headphone wire/mic.
    07-08-09 05:23 PM
    You said that in every thread.. You're an iPhone hater and a RIM fanboy.. gtfo.

I've had all 3 versions and none were craptastic.. I'll tell you what is craptastic tho.. the Curve and Pearl speakers.
    07-08-09 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD