I will be (grudgingly) getting a VZW 4s here in a week or two, as my Dept is migrating from a mix of BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone 3 and 4's to a single platform model, which will be the iPhone 4s. I have a 9650 Bold that I am very happy with, so this is not a good thing, at least to begin with.

All that being said, I am told the thing I will miss the most is that iPhone does not have a "Bedside" mode, or allow for different sound profiles, other than Ringer or Vibrate, and however those two are set up.

My first question is this: IS THIS TRUE!? That's gonna be a major PIA.

Second is that if this is true, has anybody developed an APP that will cure what's gonna ail me?

Thank in advance. I am hoping somebody can help make my transition a little less painful.
    01-05-12 04:06 PM
    I will be (grudgingly) getting a VZW 4s here in a week or two, as my Dept is migrating from a mix of BlackBerry, Android, and iPhone 3 and 4's to a single platform model, which will be the iPhone 4s. I have a 9650 Bold that I am very happy with, so this is not a good thing, at least to begin with.

All that being said, I am told the thing I will miss the most is that iPhone does not have a "Bedside" mode, or allow for different sound profiles, other than Ringer or Vibrate, and however those two are set up.

My first question is this: IS THIS TRUE!? That's gonna be a major PIA.

Second is that if this is true, has anybody developed an APP that will cure what's gonna ail me?

Thank in advance. I am hoping somebody can help make my transition a little less painful.
    That's it, two choices. You can go in and modify each program to have certain settings i.e. phone ring/vibe, email vibe only, text silent, etc.

One trick is to load a "silent" ringtone so you can make certain programs vibrate only, regardless if you have sounds on for others.

If you jailbreak your phone, apparently you can get sound profiles back.

You get used to it. Believe me I was a hardcore BB guy, but after you see what you gain, you won't care. It's about a 90% gain vs a 10% loss in features and functionality.
    01-05-12 04:39 PM
    No profiles, no led notifications. I miss them.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-05-12 05:02 PM
    Thanks for the info. I will probably miss them also, but since this is a work issued device replacing another work issued device, I can not complain too much. I just have to learn a new way of doing things.

I think the first thing I am going to do is Jailbreak mine. Not sure what that entails, but have a couple of weeks to figure it out before I attempt to do it. I did find an app called My Profiles that should help my profiles issue, but we'll see.

Thanks again...
    01-05-12 05:13 PM
    So no Bedside Mode on the 4s?

TIA
    01-05-12 09:16 PM
    So no Bedside Mode on the 4s?

TIA
    Nope. That's a blackberry thing. Just a vibrate switch on the iPhone.
    01-05-12 09:41 PM
    I think the first thing I am going to do is Jailbreak mine. Not sure what that entails, but have a couple of weeks to figure it out before I attempt to do it. I did find an app called My Profiles that should help my profiles issue, but we'll see.
    The correct phrase would be "I hope a jailbreak will be available for the 4S when I get it"

I think a Jailbreak has already been done but only through a developer account, which means the general public cannot have access to it.

Keep your fingers crossed! :-)
    01-07-12 12:38 AM
    Nope. That's a blackberry thing. Just a vibrate switch on the iPhone.
    Tks for the info xm

Guess I'll just have to look over at my wife's Bold on her night stand in the middle of the night.

Good Luck
    01-07-12 09:00 PM
    OK - thanks to all for the edification. I have some research to do so that when they make me trade in my 9650, I'll not feel like the iPhone noob I am going to be.
    01-07-12 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD