My phones earpiece does not work for some reason.

When I raise the volume it says headphones under the word ringer.

I can have a conversation on speakerphone but the earpiece does not work at all.

Any ideas ...
    07-18-11 11:23 AM
    I would try to restore the phone through iTunes after a reboot of course......and if that doesn't work plug in some headphones then unplug them.
    07-18-11 11:24 AM
    This happens sometimes because of debris getting in the headphone slot and making the phone think there's headphones in it. The best solution is to take a pair of headphones and keep plugging them in and out rapidly for about 20-30 seconds. I had this same problem and took it to the Apple Store and that's all they had to do to fix it.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    07-18-11 01:01 PM
    This happens sometimes because of debris getting in the headphone slot and making the phone think there's headphones in it. The best solution is to take a pair of headphones and keep plugging them in and out rapidly for about 20-30 seconds. I had this same problem and took it to the Apple Store and that's all they had to do to fix it.
    Exactly what it is. OP can do that and also try to air dust it. Although he/she
    will really need to tilt the phone at a good angle to air dust that sucker out.
    07-18-11 02:53 PM
    used a head phone jack to clear it out.

2 insertions and it was fixed

Would have never tried that

AWESOME !!

Thanks
    07-19-11 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD