Crapple confirms at&t has exclusive rights the the crapPhone until 2012....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 08:19 AM
    Do you have a link to an article confirming this?
    05-11-10 08:28 AM
    Yeah I'll post it...hold on

05-11-10 08:30 AM
    Don't think I can post the link from my phone...and I'm not near a comp right now...

05-11-10 08:31 AM
    Moved to iphone forum
    05-11-10 09:18 AM
    05-11-10 09:31 AM
    05-11-10 10:47 AM
    That was the original deal, but I believe the contract was updated/changed around the time the 3G was released with a subsidy.
    05-11-10 11:19 AM
    Don't think I can post the link from my phone...and I'm not near a comp right now...

What?
    Menu button -> page address -> copy
    navigate to the new thread page -> menu button -> paste.

that is all.
    05-11-10 11:51 AM
    this is actually good news for vzw...and for android. now the vzw customers who were holding out in hopes for the iphone will go ahead and buy an incredible or droid. those are two great phones.
    05-11-10 01:30 PM
    this is actually good news for vzw...and for android. now the vzw customers who were holding out in hopes for the iphone will go ahead and buy an incredible or droid. those are two great phones.
    This isn't bad news? Maybe. But if the agreement is still in place this not good news for VZW. They want the iPhone and you are assuming that everyone who wants a iPhone would get an Android phone instead and that's simply not true. Also, general consumers aren't obsessed with rumors of an iPhone on VZW. Of course many of them probably wonder why they can't have one but for the most part they follow rumors and could care less. It is good news for Android because that will of course keeps their device as the premiere device on VZW.

But for VZW they want as many of the top devices as they can. An iPhone for VZW means a mass exodus of AT&T customers to VZW for the iPhone. Sure some people jumped their carrier for an incredible or Droid but the numbers would be nowhere near the numbers of people coming to VZW for an iPhone. And all those people still using "regular" phones and never wanted a blackberry nor really know what Android is would see the media circus of an iPhone on VZW. Remember, the media would sell an iPhone on VZW. VZW wouldn't have to do any marketing at all. All carriers want the iPhone and everyone knows it.

Having said that, I want to see the iPhone on every carrier so I could have a choice is AT&T pisses me off LOL. I don't have a problem with their service but you never know what system screw up could make you leave. I left Sprint and T-Mobile after being happy with them for a few years. But their system screwed me so I left. I just want to have the choice. So hopefully we get that in the near future.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-11-10 at 01:51 PM.
    05-11-10 01:42 PM
    This isn't bad news? Maybe. But if the agreement is still in place this not good news for VZW.
    actually, you might be right from that perspective. if not for any other reason, only because vzw loses out on potential att transfers if the iphone doesn't come to vzw. there's many att/iphone users who would love to go to vzw for their better coverage, but don't want to lose their iphones. if vzw got the iphone att would probably see a mass exodus.

They want the iPhone and you are assuming that everyone who wants a iPhone would get an Android phone instead and that's simply not true.
    they're more likely to take a close look at the android phones now. especially with the increasing hype and interest surrounding android. many vzw subscribers would rather cut off a finger than switch to att.

Also, general consumers aren't obsessed with rumors of an iPhone on VZW. Of course many of them probably wonder why they can't have one but for the most part they follow rumors and could care less. It is good news for Android because that will of course keeps their device as the premiere device on VZW.
    i think you're underestimating how pervasive this rumor is. i have coworkers who know very little about the smart phone industry but they ask about this rumor. some were even saying they were holding out on getting anything new because they heard this might be happening. now they're actually asking more questions about android phones.

But for VZW they want as many of the top devices as they can. An iPhone for VZW means a mass exodus of AT&T customers to VZW for the iPhone. Sure some people jumped their carrier for an incredible or Droid but the numbers would be nowhere near the numbers of people coming to VZW for an iPhone. And all those people still using "regular" phones and never wanted a blackberry nor really know what Android is would see the media circus of an iPhone on VZW. Remember, the media would sell an iPhone on VZW. VZW wouldn't have to do any marketing at all. All carriers want the iPhone and everyone knows it.
    agreed.

Having said that, I want to see the iPhone on every carrier so I could have a choice is AT&T pisses me off LOL. I don't have a problem with their service but you never know what system screw up could make you leave. I left Sprint and T-Mobile after being happy with them for a few years. But their system screwed me so I left. I just want to have the choice. So hopefully we get that in the near future.
    nothing wrong with competition. makes everyone better. manufacturers will be less inclined to hold back on features just so they can add them to the next gen device and keep people hooked. lol
    05-11-10 04:57 PM
    I was hoping the WSJ was right and there would be a CDMA version of iPhone this year. Based on available information, I now believe this to no longer be within the realm of possibility. However, this frees me up to jump ship to Sprint. Sprint is cheaper for almost identical service and there is a phone of interest CONFIRMED for this summer - the Evo. The only thing to wonder about is if Sprint is going to charge a premium for plans. If so, they can pound sand too. My updated plan then is to buy a used Droid Eris and remain contract free, but get a new phone.

I was holding out for a 9650, but I am so sick of waiting for the phone. And worse, once the Eris gets an OS update, it actually is more advanced than the 9650. Easy to sit tight with my trusty 8330...
    Last edited by Exiled Bulldawg; 05-11-10 at 08:21 PM.
    05-11-10 07:29 PM
    Financially Sprint does make the most sense, awesome pricing!
    05-11-10 08:00 PM
    Apple isn't terribly concerned with pricing. As evidenced by their "sales" they have every year.
    05-12-10 11:26 AM
    Apple isn't terribly concerned with pricing. As evidenced by their "sales" they have every year.
    Yeah they aren't as much as other brands. They don't need to give you one for free because people will buy it anyway. Apple has always treated their products as premium products that you don't get huge discounts on. I bet their margins are ridiculous those. They rather sell 1 phone and billions of dollars a year than to sell 5 different phones and give them away. 2 entirely different marketing philosophies.
    05-12-10 12:38 PM
    I do agree that the iPhone should be on every carrier. So the 5 year deal with AT&T was a little disappointing to me. But I wasn't planning on getting one anyway. But I have no gripes with AT&T. I think that their prices are a little high, but I think that their service is really the best in my area. They are definitely the fastest, until Sprint releases their 4G devices and then that's over.

05-13-10 05:29 AM
    05-13-10 11:43 AM
    Well BGR just reported a RUMOR of apple ordering 10 million CDMA iPhones. Hmmmm, interesting.........
    05-13-10 11:51 AM
    Could always be all for China.

China's population is over 1.3 billion.

China's mobile population is over 300 million.
    05-13-10 05:28 PM
    Could always be all for China.

China's population is over 1.3 billion.

China's mobile population is over 300 million.
    I swear I wish I was in the mobile technology business within China. There is
    so much potential. Many, many people still that don't have phones.
    05-13-10 06:37 PM
    Sorry Apple, I won't use AT&T. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    05-13-10 07:10 PM
    I swear I wish I was in the mobile technology business within China. There is
    so much potential. Many, many people still that don't have phones.
    Word man... rich *** mofos over right now. That's as much if not more subs than the four main carriers in the US.

Nope... shooting yourself. They're still making $$$.
    05-14-10 11:12 AM
    As if they care.

They're LOLing all the way to the bank.
    05-14-10 11:37 AM
    Yeah AT&T is eating $400 per iPhone they sell and it all goes to Apple. I bet that's almost all profit for Apple per device too at that point. What people should be complaining about is WhyTF is a blackberry so expensive comparatively, especially considering the vast technology difference, and why isn't AT&T eating $400 on every BB too since it requires an extra plan to work too.
    05-14-10 02:05 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD