yesterday i shook my iphone to refresh facebook and i heard something so i got it closer to my head and did it again and there is something rattling inside....
    i am very upset and i would like to know if this is very usual or i got the short end of the stick....
    07-11-09 11:41 AM
    I hear something inside mine too, only if I shake it a certain way though. Unless more people are hearing this, I will probably exchange it at the Apple Store.
    07-11-09 01:13 PM
    yeah i dont think thats normal.
    07-11-09 01:19 PM
    Me either. How long have you had it? Hopefully they will take care of you. AppleCare only covers software issues, but if you are with in your 90 days they'll prolly replace it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 01:23 PM
    I'm already on my first replacement because the White was cracking. The white is cracking again, plus the rattling inside. I have no doubt in my mind that they will replace it. Already set up an appointment at the genius bar.
    07-11-09 01:29 PM
    saying i have had it a week give or take a couple days i think im going to get a new one...
    07-11-09 04:04 PM
    I hear something inside mine too, only if I shake it a certain way though. Unless more people are hearing this, I will probably exchange it at the Apple Store.

I hear it too but like you, only if I shake the phone a certain way. My phone works flawlessly so I don't want to get it replaced. I'll wait to see what happens with someone else 1st.
    07-11-09 04:33 PM
    I hear it too but like you, only if I shake the phone a certain way. My phone works flawlessly so I don't want to get it replaced. I'll wait to see what happens with someone else 1st.
    DO NOT REPLACE THE PHONE. I just did and it does the same exact thing. Nothing is wrong with that sound I guess. The Apple Genius said it shouldn't be making a noise, but the replacement still does and works perfectly fine. I am pissed I just drove there for no reason. I guess there's nothing wrong with getting a brand new phone though.
    07-11-09 04:35 PM
    i think someone said before on another forum its just the autofocus camera, its not fixed focus anymore so it does "float" in order to move to focus.

Its normal though on all of them, not a defect
    07-11-09 06:04 PM
    i think someone said before on another forum its just the autofocus camera, its not fixed focus anymore so it does "float" in order to move to focus.

Its normal though on all of them, not a defect
    I believe that's it. It rattles near the camera.
    07-12-09 12:31 PM
    I believe that's it. It rattles near the camera.
    Yea. I wish I figured this out before I returned my other one lol.
    07-12-09 12:50 PM
    appreciate it guys. thats good to know... but im still gettin rid of the 3g for the 3gs... its goin to be pretty sick i do believe
    07-12-09 06:59 PM
    appreciate it guys. thats good to know... but im still gettin rid of the 3g for the 3gs... its goin to be pretty sick i do believe
    Nice. It is well worth the upgrade.
    07-12-09 07:45 PM
    i figured the rattling sound was the vibrate switch...
    07-13-09 11:14 AM
    Mine rattles too-

But now that I've taken the time to listen to where its coming from, I noticed its coming from the camera.

I originally thought it was the silent switch as well, because mine is a bit "loose" when compared to my 3G or 1st Gen iPhone.
    07-13-09 02:33 PM
    i figured the rattling sound was the vibrate switch...
    Yeah I agree. Both my 3G and 3GS did this
    07-13-09 02:56 PM
    Could also be the vibration mechinisim (sic?)... I've read elsewhere that it can rattle too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah I agree. Both my 3G and 3GS did this

i knew i wasn't the only one who thought it was the switch
    07-13-09 10:10 PM
    i got a launch day 3gs and had to have it replaced on monday since the screen died the ne wone is flawless and does rattle it is the autofocus camera hold all of the buttons so they don't wiggle and tap near the camera you will hear it coming from there.
    07-13-09 10:31 PM
    I actually thought it was my SIM card on my 3GS.
    07-20-09 04:51 PM
    I actually thought it was my SIM card on my 3GS.
    i thought so too so i popped out the sim tray it has to be the camera. thats the only thing it could be and every 3gs does it.
    07-20-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD