so i jailbroke my 3G (3.1.2) last week, and i've been having some minor issues with it...

some of the things i've downloaded - certain dialer layouts, keyboards - don't show up, even when i move them to the top of the list in winterboard. is this just cuz i'm on 3.1.2 and geohot's JB is a little buggy? or am i missing something? also, SBSettings kept making my phone crash, so i deleted it. has anyone else had this problem?

thanks in advance..

i'm new to the whole JB thing, and i'm diggin' it so far... any recommendations on apps and stuff would be appreciated too
    10-19-09 04:34 PM
    Keyboard customizations don't work with the new 3.1.2 firmware yet. Stay away from dialer layouts too, those usually cause problems unless they are part of a theme. As far as what is and isn't compatible, its kind of a hit or miss right now, or trial and error if you will. Personally, I have SBSettings installed and I have no problems.
    10-20-09 01:00 AM
    everything should work fine with 3.1.2. I had issues when I first did the jb but then I read if you install rock with cydia after the jb things are broken due to build geo included. I did what was suggested here
    Cydia apps compatible with 3.1.2 - Page 2
    and everything seems to be working just fine including sbsettings. I can't get mobile terminal working but I see it will work if you follow a few extra steps
    10-20-09 05:29 AM
    the keyboards have always been shady on every jailbreak
    10-20-09 01:02 PM
    use pwnage tool... it completely eliminates all of the geohot probs
    10-20-09 08:19 PM
    as of now, pwnage only works with macs though, right? i'm on windows.... isn't geohot my only option (for now)?
    10-21-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD