Young Sohn is the President and Chief Strategy Officer of Samsung Electronics. He did a Q&A with MIT's Technology Review. In it, he talks a lot about Samsung and Apple. It turns out he's an avid Apple user with a Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Here's part of the interview.

"Can you say more about why these technology categories are so important?

OK, so think about Apple compared to Samsung. I use a Mac, actually, at home. I�ve always used Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad. I also have the Galaxy. So I�m a great example.

If you look at the strengths of Apple, in a way it�s not the product per se. It�s that consumers like their ecosystem such as iCloud. I like that my family 6,000 miles away in Korea is able to see my schedule and see all of my contacts and photos. It is sticky, but it is a proprietary architecture.

Look at your phone [pointing to my Samsung Galaxy Nexus]. It�s a better phone, in my view. It�s a better display. It�s faster. But eventually the connected ecosystem is really critical.

I think we have probably the largest platform in the world between the devices and displays and televisions we sell. We actually provide more devices that are interacting with consumers than anyone in the world. But if you think about our experiences, it�s device-centric. It�s experienced by itself. It�s not experienced in a connected way. So we think we can provide a lot more things than what we are doing today with an open ecosystem with our partners."

Rest of the interview can be found here:

Meet Young Sohn, the Man Charged with Revamping Samsung
    12-15-12 08:23 AM
    Makes sense. People have always said that it's the ecosystem that keeps them attached to the iProducts, and I would have to agree (not disputing the user friendliness of the devices either). Out of all the Android manufacturer's, I believe Samsung has the drive and resources to not only match Apple, but exceed them in this department. Between their TV's, and tablets and phones, Samsung is on the cusp of this now, and it won't be long before we see total integration. Now that their tablets are actually gaining in traction, along with their solid line up of phones and their Smart TV's, the only area that they will be lacking in is the PC department from what I gather.
    12-15-12 09:40 AM