So I havent had the best battery life on my 3gs.....but today i made sure after i used safari that i closed the page i was viewing to bring up a blank page before i closed it to move on to other apps. I tried this because I noticed when i opened safari it would have my current fantasy baseball stats up (even things that happened while safari was "closed") i didnt think iphones could run anything in the background but im new to it so i may be wrone....but i know my battery lasted much longer while i was out at the minor league baseball game tonight than normal. It just something to try i guess... seems to do something for me
    07-04-09 11:35 PM
    I have yet to have issues with the battery length, it's been perfect for me.
    07-04-09 11:40 PM
    Battery life is affected by 3G signal strength as well. If you're in a marginal signal area where the phone is constantly searching for a signal, it will eat the battery alive.
    07-05-09 08:26 AM
    this weekend we camped out on the island and my 3GS was on from 5 PM one day to 11PM the next with no charge and it had just hit the 10% battery point. It didnt see HEAVY use, but i did take around 50 photos, 2 videos, 15 or so short calls, a few txts, 15 min. of iPod music playing, 30 min. of 3G safari browsing, and lots and lots of the "just light" flashlight app. I dont know about yall but im just surprised it can last 30 straight hours without a charge with no use at all!!! i was absolutely blown away the 3GS ROCKS!
    07-05-09 09:10 AM
    this weekend we camped out on the island and my 3GS was on from 5 PM one day to 11PM the next with no charge and it had just hit the 10% battery point. It didnt see HEAVY use, but i did take around 50 photos, 2 videos, 15 or so short calls, a few txts, 15 min. of iPod music playing, 30 min. of 3G safari browsing, and lots and lots of the "just light" flashlight app. I dont know about yall but im just surprised it can last 30 straight hours without a charge with no use at all!!! i was absolutely blown away the 3GS ROCKS!

Where you on 3g?
    07-05-09 01:44 PM
    I have no complaints with the battery life. I have no problem getting through the day and late into the night sometimes. Most of the time i'm between 30-40% when I put it on the charger for the night. 3G and location aiding are the battery killers for me so I turn them both off when I don't need them. I don't usually clear out my Safari pages, but i'll be giving that a try.
    07-05-09 10:26 PM
    I've done extensive tests on the battery since 3.0 was in the beta stages..

It was greatly improved with the 3G.. and dramatically improved on the 3GS.

Shouldn't be a complaint for anyone anymore.
    07-06-09 01:02 AM
    Take my iPhone off the charger at 9am and put it back on the charger at 2am and have around 10-20% battery left. That is with heavy use (I barely put it down) during the day.
    07-06-09 01:20 AM
    Where you on 3g?
    the entire time full bars. on the island. in the bay. i could not be happier. i was uploading pictures to facebook as i took them at our party.. no charge for over 30 hours
    07-06-09 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD