I hope no one minds, as I get more used to i4S I keep habitually looking for little things that I did on my Berry that I'd like to do on i4S. Realizing all features won't be there, some seem logically like they might be on the i4s, if not the same, then something similar. Those I'm not finding solutions to I'd like to post here (after googling and searching this forum first, of course). With anyone in the same boat posting theirs as well, we can all learn in one post?

Email - Mark Prior Opened:
    on BB you can go to the top of any email folder (above messages) and choose "Mark Prior Opened" so you don't have to open each & every unread message. (Most emails are read on my PC, no need to read again on my phone.)
    I can't find a way to Mark Prior Read on iPhone. When I set up all my email accounts (5) there were a lot of previously opened messages that downloaded as "new" to iPhone. I'm showing 89 unread on i4S. 1) I'd like to mark those read without wading through every single one. Is there a way to do this? 2) If I simply tap through them all & delete, am I deleting from the server as well? (Don't want to do that unless I intentionally choose to.)

Email - Delete on Handheld only: BB had an option to delete on handheld only. I don't see that on I4s. So far all I've found is Archive. Is that essentially the same? I just did an Archive test with a junk email and can't find where Archived message is located?

To sum up: I'm either trying to mark prior opened but leave them on the phone because I need them; or get them off the phone (but leave on my server) because I need them on my PC.
    10-17-11 07:52 AM
    there isn't a "delete on handheld only" option because the email is synced with your real time account. it's the same account, so if you delete, send, save, reply, anything on your iphone, it'll show on your computer account as well.

why don't you create a "Saved" folder to put your email in if you still want them?
    10-17-11 03:24 PM
    I can create a Saved fold easily enough, that will work, thanks olliegirl.

Would you know of a solution for the ones that are all showing unread (even tho I've previously read them on my PC, they are effectively "new" emails downloaded to i4S). Is there a quick route to simply marking emails as "Read" without flipping through each one? So far I can't find it...

Thank you!!
    10-17-11 03:52 PM
    there isn't a "delete on handheld only" option because the email is synced with your real time account. it's the same account, so if you delete, send, save, reply, anything on your iphone, it'll show on your computer account as well.

why don't you create a "Saved" folder to put your email in if you still want them?
    When you say "it'll show up on your computer account as well," what do you mean?

I use outlook on a PC) at home, so would your statement hold true for Outlook or is this just for Google?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what programs are used with the iphone- I know you use iTunes to sync things, but this just seems like a portal from one program to another (or from computer to phone).
    10-17-11 03:54 PM
    I know my Windows Email doesnt sync in real time. Wish it did.
    10-17-11 04:42 PM
    Not as fast as BB, but: go to the inbox > tap edit > tap the circle next to each unread email > tap mark as > mark as read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:18 PM
    Not as fast as BB, but: go to the inbox > tap edit > tap the circle next to each unread email > tap mark as > mark as read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for
    10-18-11 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD