so..from distributing faulty products to stealing patents...

oh no...it couldnt have happened to those nice boys...

Verizon Ipad 2 Recall (Small Recall) | Ubergizmo

BBC News - Nokia and Apple settle patent dispute
    06-14-11 03:07 AM
    If RIM did this people would be asking the military to carpetbomb Ontario..

but it's Apple so people will probably just buy 2 ipads so they are sure not to get one of the bad ones.
    Last edited by gravymonster; 06-14-11 at 03:23 AM.
    06-14-11 03:19 AM
    Cool story bro, yet another thread that will get rapetrolled, i will quietly watch the show.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-11 03:24 AM
    you should start this thread in engadget or the other biased "tech" sites and sit back and watch. where's that Dr. No ***?
    06-14-11 04:43 AM
    so..from distributing faulty products to stealing patents...

oh no...it couldnt have happened to those nice boys...

Verizon Ipad 2 Recall (Small Recall) | Ubergizmo

BBC News - Nokia and Apple settle patent dispute
    How can somebody just be so shortsighted?

They just recalled a few iPad 2 that had the same IMEI imprinted and therefore caused troubles - the difference is, they never even reached the customer.

The other thing is - where did Apple steal patents? They sued each other and just licensed each others patents to finally get rid of this stupid suing -

"Apple said the two firms had agreed to "drop all of our current lawsuits and enter into a licence covering some of each other's patents, but not the majority of the innovations that make the iPhone unique"."

Read articles before you post. Monkey.
    06-14-11 04:54 AM
    I think you should read properly... The fact that Apple has paid an undisclosed amount and Nokia will receive ongoing royalties leads me to believe that Apple were heading down a dead end. Patent theft is nothing new in the tech industry and I don't want to flog a dead horse, but make no mistake, Apple is most likely guilty of patent theft.

I have up until now refused to get involved in any Apple vs RIM debate but a big hoohah was made about 900 or so recalled PlayBooks and here we have apologists saying it is only a handful of iPads which have been recalled despite Apple refusing to release the numbers. I've heard RUMOURS that it is close 30000 defective/problematic units. ****, I wouldn't care if it were just 100 but Apple really has the world eating out of their hand... This will be swept under the carpet in no time.
    06-14-11 05:20 AM
    there is no question the media (in the US) are heavily biased toward apple/google products. there is no question about it.

they mentioned the defective units and it never was mentioned in a big way like when rim recalled theirs. infact, when RIM releases something or some good news, the news goes un-noticed but when they recalled the defective units, it became news.

i get the feeling there is a true conspiracy against any product which is non american. you would expect so by the american media to protect their own. but then you get people from other areas who just follow the herd and have no desire to use an iota of their brains to think for themselves.

im posting this news here because there are lots of apple monkeys on this board trying to put negative question marks on the playbook and BB products, trying to dissuade people from getting them. i wonder at times if some apple boys are paid officially by apple to do it (i would never put this behind them).

i dont think many RIM followers go to apple sites to bash their products. maybe there are but its a bit mental over here with the apple boys bashing RIM.
    06-14-11 05:54 AM
    there is no question the media (in the US) are heavily biased toward apple/google products. there is no question about it.

they mentioned the defective units and it never was mentioned in a big way like when rim recalled theirs. infact, when RIM releases something or some good news, the news goes un-noticed but when they recalled the defective units, it became news.

i get the feeling there is a true conspiracy against any product which is non american. you would expect so by the american media to protect their own. but then you get people from other areas who just follow the herd and have no desire to use an iota of their brains to think for themselves.

im posting this news here because there are lots of apple monkeys on this board trying to put negative question marks on the playbook and BB products, trying to dissuade people from getting them. i wonder at times if some apple boys are paid officially by apple to do it (i would never put this behind them).

i dont think many RIM followers go to apple sites to bash their products. maybe there are but its a bit mental over here with the apple boys bashing RIM.
    That's just so true!
    06-14-11 06:22 AM
    How can somebody just be so shortsighted?

They just recalled a few iPad 2 that had the same IMEI imprinted and therefore caused troubles - the difference is, they never even reached the customer.

Read articles before you post. Monkey.
    Did you really read the articles before you posted? I will paste it here for you.

This is from Verizon Ipad 2 Recall (Small Recall) | Ubergizmo.

Apple is recalling some Verizon iPad 2 tablets because an “extremely small number” of them have left the manufacturing plant with the same unique ID. One in the wild, this could be an issue where Verizon’s internal system would wrongly identify two different iPad 2 devices as the same one. You can imagine how confused the wireless network could be if several iPads were activated by different customers – with the same device ID.

Anyway, the recall is happening at the store level, but many consumer got such an iPad 2 in their hands, says 9to5Mac. If that happens, the only fix is to change the unit for a new one (with a unique ID). If you live near an Apple store, that’s OK, but if not, that involves shipping and much longer wait times.

Apple would not comment on the actual number of units involved in this recall, but says that that it is “extremely small”, whatever that means.
    Last edited by BBWatchCA; 06-14-11 at 06:43 AM.
    06-14-11 06:27 AM

I think you are laying it on a bit thick to be honest. After all, what is good for the goose is good for the gander... There are plenty RIM die hards who troll Apple threads but as of now the iPad wins hands down and the the criticism the PlayBook receives is justified as it IS half baked and is lacking some fundamental features. As for me, I got the PlayBook for the Bridge function and with the recent update fixing the browser it has added a whole new dimension for me. They just have to fix the ability to actually download stuff from the Bridge Browser because it was functional previously.

That said, I continue to enjoy my 9700 and PlayBook as well as my MacBook Pro. Sorry Apple, I will not be buying an iPhone 4 as I class it as a gadget and not a phone.
    06-14-11 06:38 AM
    I posted this in another thread about the recall. The number of recalled units is around 30 000. I sure don't see that as a small number. A small number is what RIM recalled. Most of which were recalled before reaching the public.

06-14-11 07:29 AM
    I posted this in another thread about the recall. The number of recalled units is around 30 000. I sure don't see that as a small number. A small number is what RIM recalled. Most of which were recalled before reaching the public.

oh no...how could you claim such an absurd thing...

its an apple product..it can never happen...media can never talk about these things...they can only talk about who will win the race between (apple and Android)...funny..they never even mention the companies which are running the androids (samsung infact is about to over take nokia as number 1 phone making company) but ofcourse you will not hear of that...its always between the 2 US companies...
    06-14-11 07:46 AM

And they were recalled for software reasons only.

06-14-11 07:46 AM
    Wow! The more i see BB fanboys in this forum, the more i realize that switching to an iPhone(from my BB9000), was a good thing. I smell fear from disgruntled Apple wannabees. You're still hanging on to the old thing, while the new thing passes you by. You must knock Apple, so that you can justify hanging on to your BB. What a bunch of insecure bozos.
    06-14-11 09:28 AM
    Wow! The more i see BB fanboys in this forum, the more i realize that switching to an iPhone(from my BB9000), was a good thing. I smell fear from disgruntled Apple wannabees. You're still hanging on to the old thing, while the new thing passes you by. You must knock Apple, so that you can justify hanging on to your BB. What a bunch of insecure bozos.
    Amen! Gotta love RIM fanboys.
    Last edited by mrsadkins9399; 06-14-11 at 09:40 AM.
    06-14-11 09:32 AM
    Seems like as much of a non story as the Playbook recall was, BUT rather than delete the thread I just made the title a bit more friendly.

Remember folks we CAN argue the devices, the carriers, the companies (RIM, Apple, etc) BUT lets not attack each other ok? Don't make me use my "mod stick"!
    06-14-11 09:50 AM
    im i the only one that really doesnt see either recall as a big deal and that the media didnt blow either into a huge matter. they are stories for like a a few days and then gone and no one even talks about it again. Who cares, grow up and enjoy both devices for what they are.
    06-14-11 12:00 PM
    IMO, there is an obvious bias in how the two recalls were/are portrayed in the news. The only reason Apple admitted to the VZW problem was because of the interruption of the supply chain. The PB recall didn't affect availability but was headlined as a possible death blow to the poor wavering tablet.

As for the patents, it will be interesting to see how the Android makers fare if Nokia goes after them next and I don't see why they wouldn't. I don't think any of them have the deep pockets that Apple does to make a payoff...
    06-14-11 12:15 PM
    If so, why are you here? There are no wannabes here bro... Just people who are tired of the **** storm the media is fabricating.
    06-14-11 01:47 PM
    This recall hardly a big deal. The iPhones and iPads blow away all the other devices out there so it would seem a recall will mean little to nothing over the long haul.
    06-14-11 02:02 PM

And the number recalled is all relative to the number out in the market. Even 30,000 out of tens of millions is a drop in the bucket. There we many times more Playbooks recalled per number sold.

I agree.
    06-14-11 05:25 PM
    If so, why are you here? There are no wannabes here bro... Just people who are tired of the **** storm the media is fabricating.
    The most reasonable answer is the same reason BB owners post in the iPhone forum.
    06-14-11 05:50 PM
    This is an APPLE forum bro, what are YOU doing here, unless your iPhone is disguised as a BB! Why don't you go to TiPb, if you want to knock Apple. See how many friends you make.
    06-14-11 06:59 PM
    Technically, it's an iPhone sub-forum on a Blackberry forum...

OK, resume pointless bickering...
    06-14-11 07:17 PM
    yeah cause no other company ever has ever had to recall a product.

lol
    06-14-11 10:08 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD