• SquareTrade

1 6.25%
  • Best Buy Geek Squad Black Tie Protection

2 12.50%
  • Other:coverage through home owner's or other insurance company

4 25.00%
  • No coverage at all.

9 56.25%
    So who actually has or plans to get Insurance or coverage for their Iphone? Well, I finally made the leap to the Iphone 3GS. This is my first Iphone and first Apple Product. I'll probably be cancelling the Best Buy $15/month coverage I signed up for when I purchased my new 3GS. I have thought about getting Squaretrade insurance. And I've checked with my insurance company and other companies with personal property or renters insurance policies. But the ones I checked out either don't cover Iphones or it just wasn't really feasible. And since none of the options cover loss or theft, I'm also considering just a nice protective case with no coverage at all. What have you decided in regards to any possible coverage for your Iphone?
    Last edited by vllssv; 09-01-09 at 01:38 AM.
    09-01-09 01:23 AM
    Otterbox Defender - and no insurance.
    09-01-09 09:05 AM
    I forgot to add "no insurance, but Apple Care Protection Plan for Iphone" to the poll. Anyway, I cancelled my Geek Quad coverage and am now coverage-less. It makes me wonder if all those years of having cell phone insurance was a waste for me since I'm so protective of my phones and have never had to do a claim...I'll be using the money I save on insurance towards nice cases/s and/or the next new phone I like that comes out
    09-04-09 10:14 AM
    I wish I would have gone with SquareTrade, but i'm past the 30 day period. So I cover it under my homeowers.
    09-04-09 11:37 AM
    I wish I would have gone with SquareTrade, but i'm past the 30 day period. So I cover it under my homeowers.
    Well not that many people have participated in the poll, but I didn't think SquareTrade would be in last place..
    09-05-09 09:32 PM
    I'll be covering my new iPhone with another insurance company. My co-worker says her insurance contact will insure the iPhone for $20 a year at full replacement cost.
    09-05-09 09:38 PM
    I checked with my homeowner's policy (Liberty Mutual) after my wife and I both got iPhones and found out that for $19 per year TOTAL, we could get $5000 in Home computer coverage w/ a $50 deductible. And that includes smartphones like the iPhone, blackberry, etc.

Best deal I've heard about because it covers damage as well as theft/loss. AND now my two laptops are fully covered against damage or theft.
    09-08-09 02:54 PM
    Otterbox Defender - and no insurance.
    How does that protect you from your phone simply not working due to some strange software bug after your one year warranty is up? A good case can only go so far...
    09-08-09 03:27 PM
    Anyone ever had to have their Iphone repaired? Maybe it's because I just have Auto Insurance, but I just can't seem to get the good rates people are getting with their Insurance companies to cover their Iphones.
    09-08-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD