I bought a 3G iphone unlocked and it's running 3.0 OS. The seller said I could update the OS to 3.1.2, but if I ever had to reboot my phone or anything like that then it resets it self back to the factory settings. I want to know if there is way around that or if there is a 3.1.2 OS out there that will stay on the phone once unlocked and jailbroken. Would be much appreciated if anyone can help me out here!!
    01-18-10 01:05 AM
    I highly doubt your phone will reset itself back to factory settings if your phone currently is NOT running 3.1.2 OS. If you have something lower then most likely you have an older iphone version. ONLY iphones manufactured after week 41 of last year will lock back up once the phone is rebooted. Hope this helps.
    01-18-10 11:04 AM
    you have an 3g or 3gs?? the locking up again only applies to iphone 3Gs week 41 and after. 3g you can upgrade your OS with no problems.
    01-18-10 11:05 AM
    If you have a 3G you can upgrade with no problems, the 3Gs needs the tethered jailbreak.
    01-18-10 11:17 AM
    Just so you can tell look at the serial number and the 4th and 5th numbers represent your week. Anything higher than 41 means you will have to connect your phone to a comp and run blackra1n to get it back. Annoying yes but it's quicker than a bettery pull on a berry. That unlock and settings will stay intact just will show restore mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD