There's no discussion with you. Anything anyone says about Apple at Apple is sacrosanct. Any possible dissenting opinion must be thoroughly discounted and completely dismissed and squashed.

Kool Aid drinking at it's Apple best!

BTW, Apple isn't the only one holding press conferences. Many of the other toy manufacturers are doing quite well too these days.

Original article here --> Mattel up on earnings news, but its Barbie toys need help - BloggingStocks

Mattel up on earnings news, but its Barbie toys need help

Posted Jul 17th 2009 5:40PM by Steven Mallas

Filed under: Earnings reports, Mattel, Inc (MAT), Hasbro Inc (HAS)

Mattel, Inc. (NYSE: MAT) is all about fun and games, but it doesn't play around when it competes against Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) and JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ: JAKK). In fact, the stock is up over 7% today as of this writing on the toy manufacturer's earnings news. According to Reuters, Mattel made 6 cents per share during the second quarter, beating estimates by a whopping five pennies.
    Is it just me or is this one of the funniest comments I've ever read. LMAO this was so funny. Lol hey but this aint your average toy. It has a phone on it too! And teaches kids about jail......broken.
    07-27-09 08:57 PM

There's no discussion with you. Anything anyone says about Apple at Apple is sacrosanct. Any possible dissenting opinion must be thoroughly discounted and completely dismissed and squashed.

BTW, Apple isn't the only one holding press conferences. Many of the other toy manufacturers are doing quite well too these days.

Original article here --> Mattel up on earnings news, but its Barbie toys need help - BloggingStocks

Mattel, Inc. (NYSE: MAT) is all about fun and games, but it doesn't play around when it competes against Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) and JAKKS Pacific (NASDAQ: JAKK). In fact, the stock is up over 7% today as of this writing on the toy manufacturer's earnings news. According to Reuters, Mattel made 6 cents per share during the second quarter, beating estimates by a whopping five pennies.
    And you are different how? Look at your own posts..are you ONLY here to bash Apple?

Look at your own innuendos across this Apple forum. Were not stupid and mods see right through you too. Putting Mattel in the same post suggesting the iphone is a kiddy toy. If you hate the iphone so much, then stay out of this subforum instead of wasting people's time with the childish bashing and comments.

Just like your other trolling thread about how "feminine" the iphone is. People see right though your little self righteous crusade.

Another Ex. http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/app...7/#post2759713

News Flash- NO ONE HAS TO AGREE WITH YOU. Deal with it! You havent added ONE stitch of pertinent information to the iphone subforum other than bashing in EVERY one of your posts here.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 07-28-09 at 01:06 AM.
    07-28-09 12:37 AM

Yeah thought so, you don't have anything constructive to add. Real mature of you.
    07-28-09 08:23 AM

Is this necessary? Please stop trying to instigate.
    07-28-09 06:45 PM
    And you are different how? Look at your own posts..are you ONLY here to bash Apple?
    LOL. You need to read threads a LITTLE more closely. If I were only interested in "bashing apple," I wouldn't have said that in no uncertain terms that my next laptop will definitely be a Mac.

The problem here is that Apple has long had this "cult fetish groupie" thing going where if you are in the "Apple cult" then it's a mortal sin to do anything but offer praise for absolutely anything Apple does. And that's just kooky and a bit scary.

Let's be frank ... Apple makes great computers. On the other hand, Apple's phones are toys. Will Apple's phones always be toys? Probably not. Apple has shown a remarkable ability and talent to improve their products over time. Ultimately the iToy may grow up and become a terrific product. When and if that happens, I'll be a buyer. But today, the iToy is all eye candy and not much more. And if your belief in something is sooooo weak that it scares you when someone else dares question something you so desperately want to believe, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you look at those things.

Apple is a good technology company that makes great computers and mediocre phones. Normal people won't be threatened by that assessment. "Cult followers" on the other hand may have issues. Which are you? A normal thoughtful person who is open to the ideas and opinions of others? Or a cult follower who never questions anything?

07-28-09 08:12 PM
    Please stop trying to instigate.
    "Shut up" as a debate tool is not effective, convincing or compelling.

What wins debates is wit and winning facts.
    07-28-09 08:16 PM
    Is it just me or is this one of the funniest comments I've ever read. LMAO this was so funny. Lol hey but this aint your average toy. It has a phone on it too! And teaches kids about jail......broken.
    LOL. Thanks for having a sense of humor. Obviously something kinda rare 'round these parts.
    07-28-09 08:18 PM
    I don't think it's a toy, but I do think that they need to work on their email support and interface if they were to be on top. Also interesting is that both RIM and Apple are gaining more maketshare...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree, as I switched back to my curve since I was tired of not having my gmail pushed to my iPhone. Apple needs to offer push for other accounts besides lame *** Mobileme
    07-28-09 11:34 PM
    Keep in mind, this is business... They will allow company apps (if they have any) and no others. As a business owner, you wouldn't want your employees playing "PaperToss" or "3D BrickBreaker" all day.

Something I find funny is that the iPhone gets called a toy, but a lot of the other platforms come with games pre-installed.
    The reason Blackberry is still king of business is that a company can lock down any single feature on the phone from an employee.
    07-28-09 11:36 PM
    LOL. You need to read threads a LITTLE more closely. If I were only interested in "bashing apple," I wouldn't have said that in no uncertain terms that my next laptop will definitely be a Mac.

The problem here is that Apple has long had this "cult fetish groupie" thing going where if you are in the "Apple cult" then it's a mortal sin to do anything but offer praise for absolutely anything Apple does. And that's just kooky and a bit scary.

Let's be frank ... Apple makes great computers. On the other hand, Apple's phones are toys. Will Apple's phones always be toys? Probably not. Apple has shown a remarkable ability and talent to improve their products over time. Ultimately the iToy may grow up and become a terrific product. When and if that happens, I'll be a buyer. But today, the iToy is all eye candy and not much more. And if your belief in something is sooooo weak that it scares you when someone else dares question something you so desperately want to believe, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate how you look at those things.

Apple is a good technology company that makes great computers and mediocre phones. Normal people won't be threatened by that assessment. "Cult followers" on the other hand may have issues. Which are you? A normal thoughtful person who is open to the ideas and opinions of others? Or a cult follower who never questions anything?

I think you are looking for AppleInsider | Apple Insider News and Analysis when it comes to cult like following of Apple.
    07-28-09 11:45 PM
    I agree, as I switched back to my curve since I was tired of not having my gmail pushed to my iPhone. Apple needs to offer push for other accounts besides lame *** Mobileme
    Doesn't the Gmail app effectively "push" email to you by alerting you that you have new gmail all on its own? It works that way on by BB if I wish it to.
    07-28-09 11:46 PM

Lmao! You are an extremely funny person. The comparison of the iphone to a stone is hilarious. I don't know why they gey offended when its called a toy. That doesn't mean it sucks. Just means it is more for play. You guys brag bout your media capabilities and your apps and app store and games but then complain when it called a toy. I would say the ipod touch is a toy. The iphone is that with a phone. Why get offended at least they are giving credit to it being fun! All toys break eventually but are fun until then! Right?
    07-29-09 12:17 AM
    Doesn't the Gmail app effectively "push" email to you by alerting you that you have new gmail all on its own? It works that way on by BB if I wish it to.
    There is a third party app for Gmail, but it doesn't push instantly like a email account setup one a blackberry. You have to setup gmail to fetch only and 15 mins is the minimum. Around wifi you will get the email instantly, but when you are running around town if has to fetch it. When I use my Curve all my email through work and Gmail get pushed instantly to the phone and I don't have to fetch any emails.
    07-29-09 12:26 AM

Okay that one was funny, LMAO.....
    07-29-09 12:28 AM
    Lmao! You are an extremely funny person. The comparison of the iphone to a stone is hilarious.
    Thanks. It is amazing to me how these iPhone zealots cannot stand a little humor.

Make ya kinda think that deep down even they realize there is more "hype" than any real magic about this toy.

Personally I'm still on the lookout in my neighborhood looking for anyone over 25 who uses an iPhone. Seems most of the people I see with the gadget are in the 18 - 24 age range.
    07-29-09 10:10 PM
    Thanks. It is amazing to me how these iPhone zealots cannot stand a little humor.

Make ya kinda think that deep down even they realize there is more "hype" than any real magic about this toy.

Personally I'm still on the lookout in my neighborhood looking for anyone over 25 who uses an iPhone. Seems most of the people I see with the gadget are in the 18 - 24 age range.
    Berryite, you really need to let it go bro.. you don't even have an iPhone.. why are you in this forum? All you're here to do is troll..

Why aren't you in the Storm forum talking about how bad of a device that is? Oh, that's right..because it was made by a company who doesn't know how to design an OS without issues.. a company who's had their Os in the works for over 7 years and still can't fix memory leaks, JVM errors, slowness, code drivers for any of their mobile chips but you still stroke their c*ck.

You coming in here and trolling is the same as starting a flame war, which, last time I checked, was against the rules.

Just let it go man.. we realize YOUR OPINION is that you think the iPhone is a toy.. not all of us do... Are you a facist trying to push your views onto us?

Let it go.
    07-30-09 09:58 AM
    Berryite... did you conveniently skip my post?

I used to work for one of the biggest Fortune 500 guys out there and their IT department wouldn't touch the iPhone with a 10-foot pole. Security and practicality.
    Which company?
    07-30-09 10:35 AM
    I'm not sure where berryite gets this idea that Mac computers are some thing deserving of his praise, whereas the iPhone is just a toy, and that since berryite is planning to buy a Mac computer, it somehow makes him immune from being called a troll on an iPhone forum.

What makes the iPhone a toy? The fact that it lacks enterprise-caliber security of a Blackberry? Is Mac OS X much different? It's been widely documented that a hacker can gain root control access to an OSX box in just a few hours. The iPhone OS is just a pared down version of Mac OS X (Darwin core). And the iPhone is made from similar materials and manufacturing processes to Mac computers. The build quality of iPhone is not questionable (whereas the build quality of the Storm was just atrocious).

What makes the iPhone a toy? The fact that it is trendy? Are we still in high school here? I bought an iPhone because it has everything the Storm lacks and nothing it doesn't (except for the Verizon network), because it has tens of thousands of applications compared to the couple of hundred overpriced ones available on a Blackberry, and because it pairs wonderfully with iTunes (whereas my Storm could only sync iTunes playlists via an XML file). And is a Macbook not trendy? What does a Macbook offer that a similarly spec'd laptop from Toshiba lacks? Oh, that's right. Style and trendiness and Mac OS, plus a 30% price premium. The hypocrisy exhibited here is nothing short of astounding.

If you think you are drinking the Kool Aid by purchasing an iPhone, but not drinking the Kool Aid by purchasing a Macbook, then you are delusional. And if you think you are not a troll just because you plan on buying a Mac sometime in the future, then you are even more delusional.

Next!
    Last edited by mdude85; 07-30-09 at 11:42 AM.
    07-30-09 11:23 AM
    "Shut up" as a debate tool is not effective, convincing or compelling.

What wins debates is wit and winning facts.
    I never told you to shut up. I said stop instigating. There is a big difference between the two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 11:29 AM
    Berryite, you really need to let it go
    As I've previously noted, "shut up" is really not a very effective debate response.

why are you in this forum?
    Because I came across a funny article from Forbes and posted it and saw this thread in the process. I didn't realize you needed a passport to visit here.

Why aren't you in the Storm forum talking about how bad of a device that is?
    Basically because Forbes didn't write an article about the Storm. When they do, perhaps I'll visit there.

but you still stroke their c*ck.
    Snip, up to this point, I was taking your post seriously. Now you've proven you are just crude. The question really becomes not why did I visit the iPhone forum but why you are allowed a membership here at all. I suggest you clean up your act. Nothing I've said or done is as foul as this one crude and inappropriate statement.
    07-30-09 03:13 PM
    Berryite... did you conveniently skip my post?
    Nope. Just really didn't think it was any of your business.
    07-30-09 03:15 PM
    somehow makes him immune from being called a troll on an iPhone forum.
    Before I waste my time addressing the rather long-winded points you've raised (basically because you got beat earlier in the debate), please indicate:

1.) Is it your allegation that I am a troll?
    2.) Precisely why is that?
    3.) Why is there this curtain of censorship in this forum (which exists no where else on this site) concerning the posting of legitimate discourse about a technology tool?
    07-30-09 03:20 PM
    As I've previously noted, "shut up" is really not a very effective debate response.

Because I came across a funny article from Forbes and posted it and saw this thread in the process. I didn't realize you needed a passport to visit here.

Basically because Forbes didn't write an article about the Storm. When they do, perhaps I'll visit there.

Snip, up to this point, I was taking your post seriously. Now you've proven you are just crude. The question really becomes not why did I visit the iPhone forum but why you are allowed a membership here at all. I suggest you clean up your act. Nothing I've said or done is as foul as this one crude and inappropriate statement.

Listen.. you came here with CLEAR intentions of starting a flame war. You paid good money for your device, you have every right to defend it, just as we paid for our devices, we have a right to defend it.

You posted that rock vs iPhone picture, to stoke the flames even more with EVERY intention of making us more mad. How can you say your posts weren't in some trollish fashion? I mean come on..

I like the iPhone. I'll continue using it. I'll continue using it while I drive my GTO 6.0 to work.. and on the weekends, I'll use it when I'm driving my CBR600.. I mean, girls have to get around some how right?

My python likes my iPhone also..
    07-30-09 03:34 PM
    Before I waste my time addressing the rather long-winded points you've raised (basically because you got beat earlier in the debate), please indicate:

1.) Is it your allegation that I am a troll?
    2.) Precisely why is that?
    3.) Why is there this curtain of censorship in this forum (which exists no where else on this site) concerning the posting of legitimate discourse about a technology tool?
    Dude, stop asking these unrelated questions. Why are you so concerned with whether or not people think you are a troll. Nobody cares. Can you just participate a substantive discussion for once?

I want to know why you think the iPhone is a toy for its lack of enterprise-caliber security, but you're willing to buy a Mac that has an OS with more holes than swiss cheese. And I also want to know why you want to buy a Mac with a huge price premium over a similarly spec'd, but less trendy PC. It sounds like you love toys, but you hate the iPhone.
    Last edited by mdude85; 07-30-09 at 04:03 PM.
    07-30-09 03:58 PM
    Nothing new being said.

Closed.
    07-30-09 04:07 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD