I went to go buy a car charger for my iPhone...i grabbed one, and went to the register, and the CS rep said. "You have a new iPhone? You're not buying that." I said..."Yes i am, i need to charge my phone." He says "No but you're not buying it." And he took it out of my hand....LOL. Then i said "Well why cant i buy it?" He said that the new iPhones are having trouble with the car chargers and he didn't really elaborate. He said that i should try and find a USB car charger bc people have had good luck with those...I asked if they had any and he said no.

Does anyone have a certain brand of car charger that has worked with their 3G?? Or do you know where i can find the USB car charger?? I'm lost. I guess it was nice enough the guy didnt let me buy it
    07-27-08 10:45 AM
    Cool of the guy not to sell it to you but seriously how many problems is apple gonna have with this thing. What a big mistake to release before they worked out all the issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-08 10:50 AM
    Maybe all the issues/bugs weren't noticed until mass use.

I use one now and I notice I hear a sound in my cigarette lighter. I'm unsure if it's iPhone related or phones in general. I will try it with my BB plugged in.
    07-27-08 12:14 PM
    Maybe all the issues/bugs weren't noticed until mass use.

I use one now and I notice I hear a sound in my cigarette lighter. I'm unsure if it's iPhone related or phones in general. I will try it with my BB plugged in.
    TY jayden, let me know i dont have access to charge all day and when i have an hour drive to my job i would like to be able to juice it up lol.
    07-27-08 01:05 PM
    Tell me about it. Especially me, always using 3g.
    07-27-08 03:29 PM
    I went to go buy a car charger for my iPhone...i grabbed one, and went to the register, and the CS rep said. "You have a new iPhone? You're not buying that." I said..."Yes i am, i need to charge my phone." He says "No but you're not buying it." And he took it out of my hand....LOL. Then i said "Well why cant i buy it?" He said that the new iPhones are having trouble with the car chargers and he didn't really elaborate. He said that i should try and find a USB car charger bc people have had good luck with those...I asked if they had any and he said no.

Does anyone have a certain brand of car charger that has worked with their 3G?? Or do you know where i can find the USB car charger?? I'm lost. I guess it was nice enough the guy didnt let me buy it
    Dang, he could have been a little nicer about though.
    07-27-08 03:32 PM
    Wow that's weird.

07-27-08 03:47 PM
    Wow that's weird.

you're telling me! I'm just glad i actually went into the store, bc i was just gonna order one online!!
    07-27-08 03:55 PM
    I bought one at the AT&T store and I haven't had any problems with it. What sort of problems are they having?? Mine is a Griffin I believe.
    07-27-08 09:46 PM
    you're telling me! I'm just glad i actually went into the store, bc i was just gonna order one online!!
    remind me to yell at you later wop ...car chargers are bad for your phone's battery!! You should really only use it if you desperately need it, not rely on using it to charge the phone everyday. Unless Im mistaken and the battery is different than a normal cell phone battery...Why do I get the feeling that Im totally wrong about the iPhone battery lol. I think I might be the one getting yelled at later
    07-27-08 10:42 PM
    remind me to yell at you later wop ...car chargers are bad for your phone's battery!! You should really only use it if you desperately need it, not rely on using it to charge the phone everyday. Unless Im mistaken and the battery is different than a normal cell phone battery...Why do I get the feeling that Im totally wrong about the iPhone battery lol. I think I might be the one getting yelled at later
    so please elaborate on why car chargers are bad for cellphone batteries.

and you can be technical... i have a degree in chemical engineering.
    07-31-08 12:09 PM
    I have confirmed the noise only happens with the iPhone.

Also on the light that displays either red for charging or green when done, it is alternating back and forth between red and green.

I haven't used it in my car since...
    07-31-08 10:27 PM
    I bought the Griffin car charger (that the salesperson recommended) from the Apple store and it works fine. I've used it daily for 2 weeks now.
    08-01-08 07:06 PM
    Have you tried listening without any music/radio?
    08-01-08 11:28 PM

LOL thats awesome! Gotta give the guy credit for letting you know about it.
    08-01-08 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD