So..... I jailbroken my IPhone 3GS with Spirit last night! It was so easy. But Im kinda disappointed. Maybe Im new at this but some of the things I added to my phone are some of the things that I see will be coming out in OS 4! Im really looking to change my sms tones! Couldn't find that! Could anyone tell me some of the things they have downloaded to improve, show off there Iphone! Im a young chick who is flashy at times so I want my Iphone to be flashy! I loved my themes on my BB! Thanks in advance!
    05-04-10 10:54 AM
    Installous, 5 dock, various themes customize it. Sounds there are a few for SMS not sure where though. Its been awhile since I had the iPhone
    05-04-10 11:26 AM
    So..... I jailbroken my IPhone 3GS with Spirit last night! It was so easy. But Im kinda disappointed. Maybe Im new at this but some of the things I added to my phone are some of the things that I see will be coming out in OS 4! Im really looking to change my sms tones! Couldn't find that! Could anyone tell me some of the things they have downloaded to improve, show off there Iphone! Im a young chick who is flashy at times so I want my Iphone to be flashy! I loved my themes on my BB! Thanks in advance!
    If you want to change your ringtones and sms tones try downloading Tonefxs.. its not free, but its 5 bucks and it lets you change most of the sounds on your phone, such as... sms, voicemail, sent and recieved email, calendar, keyboard, lock and unlock, and charging. Plus it will manage your normal ringtones. If your looking for a way to change your themes, download Winterboard. Its an app that controls all your themes. Then you can just look around in cydia for themes for winterboard. Theres a ton of customizations you can make with it to change the look of your iphone. Also try Fontswap. Its an app that lets you change the fonts on your iphone. Really gives it a different look.
    05-04-10 11:47 AM
    If you want to change your ringtones and sms tones try downloading Tonefxs.. its not free, but its 5 bucks and it lets you change most of the sounds on your phone, such as... sms, voicemail, sent and recieved email, calendar, keyboard, lock and unlock, and charging. Plus it will manage your normal ringtones. If your looking for a way to change your themes, download Winterboard. Its an app that controls all your themes. Then you can just look around in cydia for themes for winterboard. Theres a ton of customizations you can make with it to change the look of your iphone. Also try Fontswap. Its an app that lets you change the fonts on your iphone. Really gives it a different look.

I was looking @ that! Im wondering doest it let u change it to where its longer than 2 to 4 seconds? I want it like my ringtones that are atleast 15-30 seconds!
    05-04-10 02:05 PM
    You must be a super genius because you're the first person to do that.
    05-04-10 05:46 PM
    Thankx but Im not a super genius! I got it on the first try!
    05-04-10 10:31 PM
    You must be a super genius because you're the first person to do that.
    What a ******!

Anyway Raneciansamaiya check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/jai...t-do-s-463577/
    there are a lot of good suggestions. Wnterboard is a must of course for themes. SBSettings is great as well.
    05-05-10 12:20 AM
    I was looking @ that! Im wondering doest it let u change it to where its longer than 2 to 4 seconds? I want it like my ringtones that are atleast 15-30 seconds!
    The tones will play for whatever length you make them. Just like on your blackberry. If you add a 30 sec ringtone to your files .. it will play for 30 secs. Tonefxs just gives the user the ability to actually have more then just the stock tones on the phone. If you decide to get Tonefxs, they have a desktop app for your computer which will let you create whatever ringtones you want and just adds them to itunes for you. Then when you sync your phone your tones will be visible in tonefxs on your iphone. Hope that helps lol
    05-05-10 01:13 AM
    Hi,

Ok, This is my opinion....

First thing to do is go in to Cydia.

Themes:
    Click on 'Search', Search "Winterboard", download "Winterboard"
    Winterboard allows you to turn themes on and off and change your backgrounds etc.
    Then in Cydia, Click on 'sections' in the bottom dock.
    Scroll down to 'T' and you will see LOTS of themes there. Pick what one you want and install it. Some use winterboard so you can turn it on and off or switch between themes.

Ringtones/SMS Alerts:
    As for ringtones, I found the easiest to use is "AnyRing"
    Again, In cydia, type "Anyring" into the search and search...
    Install anyring.
    This app allows you to change your ringtone or text message alerts to any tone you have installed on your phone.
    I love it cos it's simple. (and it lets you add a start and finish time to your tones )

Have a little scroll through the subtitles in "Sections" and see if anything else stands out that you may want to install.

If you need any tutorials, just go to youtbe and type what your looking for.
    ie "Top 10 jailbroke apps" "Top 10 Cydia apps" "Best apps for jailbroke iphone" or anything else you can think of.....

Hope this helps you, If I can help with anything else.... Let me know
    05-05-10 10:07 AM
    What a ******!

Anyway Raneciansamaiya check out this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/jai...t-do-s-463577/
    there are a lot of good suggestions. Wnterboard is a must of course for themes. SBSettings is great as well.
    Thanks for the input!

Hi,

Ok, This is my opinion....

First thing to do is go in to Cydia.

Themes:
    Click on 'Search', Search "Winterboard", download "Winterboard"
    Winterboard allows you to turn themes on and off and change your backgrounds etc.
    Then in Cydia, Click on 'sections' in the bottom dock.
    Scroll down to 'T' and you will see LOTS of themes there. Pick what one you want and install it. Some use winterboard so you can turn it on and off or switch between themes.

Ringtones/SMS Alerts:
    As for ringtones, I found the easiest to use is "AnyRing"
    Again, In cydia, type "Anyring" into the search and search...
    Install anyring.
    This app allows you to change your ringtone or text message alerts to any tone you have installed on your phone.
    I love it cos it's simple. (and it lets you add a start and finish time to your tones )

Have a little scroll through the subtitles in "Sections" and see if anything else stands out that you may want to install.

If you need any tutorials, just go to youtbe and type what your looking for.
    ie "Top 10 jailbroke apps" "Top 10 Cydia apps" "Best apps for jailbroke iphone" or anything else you can think of.....

Hope this helps you, If I can help with anything else.... Let me know
    Thanks for the help!!
    05-05-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD