And it's amazing.. I noticed things are very snappy, very quick. Cut/copy/paste is there, voice memos, landscape keyboard, all-in-one message icon for sms/mms, haven't used it very thoroughly, but I'll return here for updates.
    06-10-09 01:23 PM
    I want it...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 08:23 PM
    It's definitely a good OS, hopefully the 3G(S) runs as smooth as my 3G does.

The copy and paste of pictures is my favorite... they can be placed within Email or Messages (to send MMS).
    06-10-09 09:23 PM
    i got it too.... not impressed, just a couple of new features, i dont know why AT&T is D&%kng around with MMS, just enable it, we are the highest paying cellular customers in this country probably, when will they start looking out for us and not so much their pockets.
    06-10-09 11:36 PM
    i got it too.... not impressed, just a couple of new features, i dont know why AT&T is D&%kng around with MMS, just enable it, we are the highest paying cellular customers in this country probably, when will they start looking out for us and not so much their pockets.
    Verizon customers are. It's not about just enabling it, it's about manually going into all iPhone accounts and removing the blocks, not only from the biller where the feature has to be changed from text to messaging (the latter including MMS), but also something else on the back end.
    06-10-09 11:50 PM
    Verizon customers are. It's not about just enabling it, it's about manually going into all iPhone accounts and removing the blocks, not only from the biller where the feature has to be changed from text to messaging (the latter including MMS), but also something else on the back end.
    If that's really the case, couldn't you just call in and say "hey, I want my MMS turned on now, instead of later?" I mean, that would just make too much sense to me; if they're going through one by one, who cares if you call and ask for firsts? That's why I really believe there's got to be something more too it and in the end it will probably just be a flick of the switch for everyone.

Last edited by sandos; 06-11-09 at 02:38 AM.
    06-11-09 02:35 AM
    Does anybody know if you will be able to email multiple photos?
    06-11-09 02:55 AM
    If that's really the case, couldn't you just call in and say "hey, I want my MMS turned on now, instead of later?" I mean, that would just make too much sense to me; if they're going through one by one, who cares if you call and ask for firsts? That's why I really believe there's got to be something more too it and in the end it will probably just be a flick of the switch for everyone.

No there isn't. I actually have MMS active on my 3.0 device. It's as easy as pie, but AT&T doesn't want millions of customers calling in to complete this. A task force is probably being created to complete this, not sure. This would also require training reps, having huddles and such as customer service doesn't have access to the back-end system and would have to contact tech.
    06-11-09 04:11 AM
    I want it, cant wait.
    06-11-09 04:30 AM
    Does anybody know if you will be able to email multiple photos?
    Yes, you can in 3.0.
    06-11-09 05:14 AM
    So I got MMS enabled via a loooooong drawn out process.

Had to uninstall iTunes 8.2, reinstall iTunes 8.2 pre-release 1, apply the IPCC carrier file, rebooted my iPhone, went into the MMS settings and updated it.

Will test and see if it's working in a sec.
    06-11-09 12:46 PM
    I can't imagine that heartache they are going to go through. They are already known for there bad customer service. I am actually intreasted to see how this pans out for att. I think people that use this feature are going to cause a major headache for them.

No there isn't. I actually have MMS active on my 3.0 device. It's as easy as pie, but AT&T doesn't want millions of customers calling in to complete this. A task force is probably being created to complete this, not sure. This would also require training reps, having huddles and such as customer service doesn't have access to the back-end system and would have to contact tech.
    06-11-09 03:58 PM
    Ok, so typing in landscape on the iPhone with 3.0 completely blows the Storm outta the water.. I will no longer be using my Storm to type anything ever again.. lol!
    06-11-09 04:44 PM
    I called six time today because i was not recieving my automated mms notifications even when running 2.2.1, not a single rep could correct the problem, i did a search on the AT&T web site after i logged on and found that those of us who have unlimited "FAMILY" text plans were not recieving these automated notifications. So after explaining this to 5 separate reps i finally told the 6th to switch me to a regular calling plan before my billing cycle ended (so you know i had 2 iphone 1 for me and 1 for my daughter... she lost her iphone 2 weeks ago so i cancelled her phone because i am not paying $600 for a new one), so the guy switched it for me as of today......... AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!, i got my mms notifications back. Still every time y try to send an mms it fails.

I am running 3.0 GM and updated the carrier ver. to 5.0

Now you are trying to tell me that AT&T reps have a fu&*^g clue as to what they are doing?.... verizon reps as ******** as they were ... were geniuses compared to AT&T's reps. I had to correct this problem MYSELF!!, and this is after 5 reps told me everything that could be done was done, the only thing i do believe is that someone can enable MMS on these phone.

Persistance got me 5 free smartphone while i was with verizon, lets see what it gets me here.............
    Last edited by xnight; 06-11-09 at 10:35 PM.
    06-11-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD