I found a 4s on the train the other day, being from NY, we always give phones back. ANY respectable REAL NY'er does this, not the little stains that run around and try to rob people. After a week of trying to locate the owner with no success this phone is now mine unless the owner (who I emailed multiple times using his itunes account email) gets back to me and wants it back.

That being said,

When I found the phone it displayed T-Mobile and everything was working fine...But a week later when I put an AT&T sim card into the phone it displays "invalid sim" or "sim card error" or something I cant remember at the moment. But when I put my t-mobile sim into it, it works perfectly fine, including edge and every other feature. I have read that there is no unlock or jailbreak available for the 4s? This I found out after trying to use redsnow and getting an error while trying to enter DFU mode, and then researching. Is there anyway to get the phone working with AT&T, any settings I can try to change or something? Thanks.
    01-02-12 07:01 PM
    Are you sure it's a 4S ? If so it could be a factory unlocked one from apple ... But it'll be EDGE only on t-mo
    01-02-12 07:16 PM
    yep... 100% positive that its a 4s as far as i know. .. .any way to tell without a doubt?

it has siri and its 5.0.1 (9A405) and givin the errors above it seems rite.

And if unlocked wouldn't AT&T work ?
    01-02-12 07:22 PM
    Is it jailbroken ? If it is... It's a 4 with siri ported over
    01-02-12 10:15 PM
    Nope. . . not jail brokem no jailbreak programs work on it and confirmed 4s.
    01-03-12 04:17 AM
    Take it to an apple store and they'll find the owner.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    ridesno159 likes this.
    01-03-12 09:09 AM
    How do I get it running on at&t... Is it Something in the settings ?
    01-03-12 03:13 PM
    Put an AT&T sim in .....
    01-03-12 04:48 PM
    Put an AT&T sim in .....
    really? have you read anything posted?
    01-03-12 05:29 PM
    really? have you read anything posted?
    I'm sure we all read it. Take the phone to apple and they can probably find the owner by the serial number.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    01-03-12 06:29 PM
    Go to settings general about and post the model number.
    01-03-12 06:58 PM
    its a MC918LL phone. . . thats how i confirmed it as a factory unlocked 4s . . ..

but that doesn't really tell my why an AT&T sim isn't working. ... . .
    01-03-12 07:32 PM
    You haven't received a concise answer because the consensus is that you return the phone to the rightful owner. As xandermac has posted twice, take it to Apple and they will find the owner. It's not yours to keep. Comprende?
    01-03-12 07:38 PM
    Agreed. Just take it to the Apple Store.
    01-03-12 07:46 PM
    it was purchased in CHINA. . . . . they told me there was nothing they could do. Like I said im from NYC .. . REAL people return phones around here. I emailed the owner DIRECTLY if you read above and for over a week now have heard nothing from him and I go to the apple store all the time because I myself already have a 4. .. . . if they found the owner they would have let me know... Comprende batman?
    01-03-12 07:46 PM
    it was purchased in CHINA. . . . . they told me there was nothing they could do. Like I said im from NYC .. . REAL people return phones around here. I emailed the owner DIRECTLY if you read above and for over a week now have heard nothing from him and I go to the apple store all the time because I myself already have a 4. .. . . if they found the owner they would have let me know... Comprende batman?
    Sell it or you are going to have to wait for the jailbreak for A5 devices. Should be here in a week or so.
    01-03-12 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD