Evil Kevin posted at iMore that he got an iPad 3. Theres already been a veiled comment that he's "over posting with the iDiots". We've seen it before (and I joked with him about it there) but how long before someone demands his resignation from Crackberry?

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
    jkomo001 likes this.
    03-16-12 12:53 PM
    That's like demanding the CEO of McDonald's to resign for eating at Burger King. Anyone that says he needs to resign for getting an iPad is childish.
    periwinklemoon likes this.
    03-16-12 02:47 PM
    Hold on, so having a more than one product is bad now?
    Don't they have to know what the other ones are like? They are site holders. They have to know how bad the competition is. Makes total sense.
    03-16-12 02:49 PM
    That's like demanding the CEO of McDonald's to resign for eating at Burger King. Anyone that says he needs to resign for getting an iPad is childish.
    +1 I agree, what's wrong with owning other manufacturers products. Is everything in your home made by the same company.....
    03-16-12 02:51 PM
    Hold on, so having a more than one product is bad now?
    Don't they have to know what the other ones are like? They are site holders. They have to know how bad the competition is. Makes total sense.
    thats funny lol... i work for a motorola contractor, but you will not see me using any android as my personal device anytime soon. and my work phone is some moto dumb phone.
    03-16-12 03:03 PM
    Lol yep, there were people saying that Bla1ze and Kevin should step down when Kevin did a guest piece on iMore before too. And when Kevin and Bla1ze expressed frustration with bricked phones or RIMs business plan. Heaven forbid they ever dare say anything negative or use another device. They also don't have to think other platforms are awful, but I guess they are expected to choose sides.

It's so stupid.

03-16-12 04:18 PM
    Lol yep, there were people saying that Bla1ze and Kevin should step down when Kevin did a guest piece on iMore before too. And when Kevin and Bla1ze expressed frustration with bricked phones or RIMs business plan. Heaven forbid they ever dare say anything negative or use another device. They also don't have to think other platforms are awful, but I guess they are expected to choose sides.

It's so stupid.

now i would LOVE to see those threads.
    03-16-12 04:46 PM
    Let me see if I can find them.

03-16-12 04:52 PM
    This board is littered with bitter blackberry owners. Someone actually started a new thread to say they couldn't tell the difference in the screen and neith could they're imaginary "Apple Fanboy" friends. Anyone who looks at the 2&3 side by side and can't see a difference is blind. Ashamed that people feel the need to be so loyal to a company that isn't paying them a penny in commission. I respect Kevin for using what he likes regardless of who made it!
    03-16-12 05:11 PM
    I'm having to manually dig through (I'm hoping the one I'm thinking of wasn't erased because it got ugly and my post in it doesn't show up in my history) but here's one with an example of what happened when he posted a perceived slight:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ripoff-627621/

03-16-12 06:00 PM
    Gosh, it must be terrible to always be the victim... My heart goes out to you poor souls...
    03-16-12 06:06 PM
    Gosh, it must be terrible to always be the victim... My heart goes out to you poor souls...
    Oh don't feel bad for me sweet pea. My stock is at 585.57 a share. I'm as happy as can be :-)
    pilsbury and periwinklemoon like this.
    03-16-12 09:11 PM
    This board is littered with bitter blackberry owners. Someone actually started a new thread to say they couldn't tell the difference in the screen and neith could they're imaginary "Apple Fanboy" friends. Anyone who looks at the 2&3 side by side and can't see a difference is blind. Ashamed that people feel the need to be so loyal to a company that isn't paying them a penny in commission. I respect Kevin for using what he likes regardless of who made it!
    There it is!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/why-what-gives-kevin-709930/
    03-17-12 12:36 PM
    There it is!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-discussion-f2/why-what-gives-kevin-709930/
    Good call.
    03-17-12 12:51 PM
    There is nothing wrong with brand loyalty in and of itself. However brand "fanaticism" is a whole other issue. Its kinda funny they complain about Apple fans worshiping at the apple alter from the pulpit of the Blackberry church. I'm not brand loyal, instead I am function loyal. I have both BB and Apple products so I guess depending on the moon phase I'm either brilliant or a dummy. Some folks just need to go outside once in a while and see the amazing choices this world has to offer.
    joe_fresh likes this.
    03-17-12 01:16 PM
    It is funny. BTW just because he got one doesn't mean it is his preferred device.
    joe_fresh likes this.
    03-17-12 01:22 PM
    It is funny. BTW just because he got one doesn't mean it is his preferred device.
    I totally agree. Just because he is a moderator or a partner of a "blackberry" help site does not mean he has to be tied to one brand. Its like saying that the company i work for gets their main source of revenue from motorola, does that mean my personal device has to be one? No, why? because i pay for it out of my pocket. Is my company provided device Motorola? Yes because that is what my company chose to buy.

Basically on a brand specific forum you are going to be shunned if you don't use the device that said forum is based on. It is a lose lose situation in any way you look at it. But most can go to another forum and move on.
    03-17-12 01:50 PM
    Oh don't feel bad for me sweet pea. My stock is at 585.57 a share. I'm as happy as can be :-)
    Well, when you rely on govt-sanctioned slave labor, illegally price-fix ebooks, take a billion from your "competitor" to be the search engine (and conveniently allow them to override your privacy protocols), how could you not make money? Couple that with adding one new feature that should have been in the previous model and calling it magic and all the lemmings race to be FIRST.

At least owning stock, it makes sense to be happy, but why are so many non-stock owners crowing like Apple is winning FOR them, when they're actually milking them and profiting FROM them?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poREl_EVWXI[/YT]
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 03-17-12 at 03:12 PM.
    03-17-12 03:05 PM
    Anyway back to the point...

It's really pathetic that Kevin's head is being demanded in a platter for owning multiple brands and doing his job as part of the Mobile Nations.

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-18-12 08:20 AM

At least owning stock, it makes sense to be happy, but why are so many non-stock owners crowing like Apple is winning FOR them, when they're actually milking them and profiting FROM them?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poREl_EVWXI[/YT]
    that can be said about all fans. Apple and RIM alike. Needless to say, there is nothing wrong with people being happy when their product of choice does well. Everyone profits from you, that's the way the world works. I LOVE LSU and Saints football. Those organizations profit from the fans. Drew Bree's makes more in a year then I may see in my lifetime. Does that make me not wanna buy an overpriced ticket and cheer them on NO it doesn't.
    03-18-12 09:13 AM
    Anyway back to the point...

It's really pathetic that Kevin's head is being demanded in a platter for owning multiple brands and doing his job as part of the Mobile Nations.

I agree. People take this stuff far to seriously. Between demanding Kevin's resignation and thinking nothing they own (appliances, electronics, etc.) is possibly made in some sweat shop overseas....really people get a grip. Step away from your computer, put down your mobile device, walk outside and feel the sun on your face.
    03-18-12 09:18 AM
    "Mobile Nations" was the sellout. This fraternizing with the enemy (apple & google) is its natural progression.
    03-18-12 09:41 AM
    "Mobile Nations" was the sellout. This fraternizing with the enemy (apple & google) is its natural progression.
    What the h e double hockey sticks are you talking about? Fraternizing with the enemy? Are you serious? It's a GD tablet and cell phone.

You need to take a step back and reacquaint yourself with reason. Also? You are behaving like the vapid, rabid fanboy you claim to despise. Only worse because even the most rabid, closed minded fanboy can still see pluses and minuses other competitors.

I wasn't aware that the fact that the man owns just about very BB ever made, in multiples, but also supplements his BB hoard with a MacBook (which he likely bought as it best suited his needs), and iPads, means that he has committed an act I treason. You certainly seem to think it it.

But then, I own currently a Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, iPod touch, iPhone 4, Creative Zen Vision M, Bold 9900, and a HP Touchpad dual booted with Android. I'm a traitorous b!tch. Dear lord, the sin I committed liking tech! How dare I not choose sides!

lssanjose likes this.
    03-18-12 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD