But for now we have the Storm2
    Aw gee - thanks for nothing!

Kid: Mom, we're out of Cap'n Crunch!

Mom: That's okay, honey. Have some All-Bran instead!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 01:03 PM
    About two months after the T-Phone for T-Mobile, but about a year before the S-Phone (if a bear s***ts in the woods, does it still stink?) for Sprint.

snip...

Basically, don't hang on too tightly to what you like today. Tomorrow will be different.

Truer words were never spoken.
    09-22-09 01:14 PM

ROFL..........................
    Thats Twin
    Way wrong Twin
    09-22-09 01:17 PM
    You could go to AT&T and get all the benefits that come with their network like static, echoing, dropped calls, poor 3G coverage, and bad voice coverage.

I recommend the Omnia II or the Storm 2, both will be out soon.
    09-22-09 01:24 PM
    verizon doesnt need the iPhone. they are reaping in a lot of subs already.
    09-22-09 02:39 PM

That my friend was funny, very very funny!

You could go to AT&T and get all the benefits that come with their network like static, echoing, dropped calls, poor 3G coverage, and bad voice coverage.

I recommend the Omnia II or the Storm 2, both will be out soon.
    You just listed all the reasons I will NOT go to AT&T...plus I like vzw reps better!
    I'll probably check the storm 2 out since I didn't see anything to great about the Tour.

verizon doesnt need the iPhone. they are reaping in a lot of subs already.
    No VZW doesn't NEED the iphone, but think about how many people on vzw would get that phone...it would be good for apple and vzw.
    09-23-09 08:09 AM
    That my friend was funny, very very funny!
    aw, thanks - but as a friend told me...
    Way wrong Twin

09-23-09 08:23 AM
    twins heres a question for ya.......I understand ATT's backhaul is having trouble supporting the data ....

DO you expect VZW to begin experiencing issues if iphone becomes available to them? will call quality and or reliability drop.....slowed speeds or network unavailable.....or do you think VZW will wait to roll out considerable lte coverage before they roll out Iphones
    09-23-09 04:56 PM
    twins heres a question for ya.......I understand ATT's backhaul is having trouble supporting the data ....

DO you expect VZW to begin experiencing issues if iphone becomes available to them? will call quality and or reliability drop.....slowed speeds or network unavailable.....or do you think VZW will wait to roll out considerable lte coverage before they roll out Iphones
    Great question - the answer to the first question is... probably not.

GSM is rigidly channeled. A user takes up a channel with any connection. Since the channels are finite in nature, anytime someone makes a connection, a channel is used - no one else can use it until the first person releases it.

CDMA doesn't have this restriction - it can continue to pile on more & more connections. Close to the limits of usable bandwidth, data speeds may slow & voice calls become lower & lower quality.

With GSM, you're limited by the number of channels - one person surfing this site takes up the same amount of space as someone downloading images while streaming music. With CDMA, you're limited only by bandwidth - each user only takes up the bandwidth they need at that moment.

It isn't always that AT&T is short on bandwidth - more often, they are out of slots.

So I'd not be worried about bandwidth on VZW, under most circumstances.

That being said, to answer the second question, we won't see an iPhone on VZW before LTE. The LTE technology is what Apple is looking for - and it appears VZW is eager to get a variety of showpieces for their new network. Smartphones from Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Moto, HTC, LG (yes, LG) & maybe even Palm should dot the list of available phones for VZW. The operating systems will run the gamut of those available.
    09-23-09 06:28 PM
    I see LG is launching an android device on VZW possibly in Early FY 10........and ok just so Im clear......the benefit of GSM is the ability to simultaneously shoot data and voice...so is voice occupying a channel and data occupying a channel if a GSM user were to be say surfing and talking essentially taking up 2 whole otherwise usable channels?
    09-23-09 06:41 PM
    anyway, this gives apple a few more years to add a freakin camera flash and a removable battery! So its a ok in my book!

oh yea, and removable memory!
    09-23-09 08:01 PM
    They both typically pull the same channel. Because of the high encryption rate of CDMA, EVDO (the DO is data only) can only handle processing one at a time. The stillborn EVDV (data & voice) would have corrected that & substantially increased speeds, but LTE does even faster speeds.

LTE isn't quite as bandwidth efficient as EVDV, but overall offers a lot more bang for the network buck.

When running both data & voice on GSM, the data speeds can drop - only so much will fit in that channel. The problem created with iPhone is that people who wouldn't have considered a smartphone now get one. So much of the iPhone experience is data intensive & AT&T's network just wasn't designed to handle the increased data load. It would have completely crashed T-Mobile's network. VZW & Sprint are both better able to handle the traffic, but Sprint is missing the licenses to have more bandwidth. Even with reduced lines, their network is much more strained than VZW's, but is not in as bad a shape as AT&T's in some areas.

Data & voice is coming with LTE & based on the licenses, VZW will have bandwidth to spare - it may even create an opportunity to (gasp) reduce prices.

09-23-09 08:06 PM
    good info to know
    09-23-09 08:17 PM
    anyway, this gives apple a few more years to add a freakin camera flash and a removable battery! So its a ok in my book!

oh yea, and removable memory!
    this is Apple not HTC
    09-23-09 08:29 PM
    They both typically pull the same channel. Because of the high encryption rate of CDMA, EVDO (the DO is data only) can only handle processing one at a time. The stillborn EVDV (data & voice) would have corrected that & substantially increased speeds, but LTE does even faster speeds.

LTE isn't quite as bandwidth efficient as EVDV, but overall offers a lot more bang for the network buck.

When running both data & voice on GSM, the data speeds can drop - only so much will fit in that channel. The problem created with iPhone is that people who wouldn't have considered a smartphone now get one. So much of the iPhone experience is data intensive & AT&T's network just wasn't designed to handle the increased data load. It would have completely crashed T-Mobile's network. VZW & Sprint are both better able to handle the traffic, but Sprint is missing the licenses to have more bandwidth. Even with reduced lines, their network is much more strained than VZW's, but is not in as bad a shape as AT&T's in some areas.

Data & voice is coming with LTE & based on the licenses, VZW will have bandwidth to spare - it may even create an opportunity to (gasp) reduce prices.

Thanks twins......on point as always....much appreciation
    09-23-09 08:51 PM
    well first off I know TONS of people with the iphone and they all saythat it sucks! I mean as far as entertainment purposes its the best thing that will probably ever come out but eveything else its horrible. Emails r the worst. But anyways if thats what you want go for it but as for me i'm a BerryHead!
    09-23-09 09:12 PM
    it's all business rigamaroll. i'm sure every carrier will be somewhat exclusive for all time.
    09-23-09 11:52 PM
    well first off I know TONS of people with the iphone and they all saythat it sucks!
    It sucks so badly it has the highest loyalty rate of any phone model.

The areas where BlackBerry beats iPhone are areas that most people don't need, can live without or are things they couldn't care less about.

The BlackBerry is a rather limited tool, where the iPhone is a lifestyle choice.

Apple iPhone users, if given a choice of network, would have fewer dropped calls, better sound quality, a nicer looking device, no RIM server issues and zero battery pulls.

And you all need to quit hammering on iPhone for AT&T network issues. Bold owners suffer the same network problems, plus RIM connectivity troubles.

09-24-09 12:34 AM
    I could care less if VZW gets the iphone. I'm not giving up my BB for an Apple product.
    Last edited by DravenX; 09-24-09 at 05:00 AM.
    09-24-09 04:57 AM

I would be much more likely to get an Iphone if it was on VZW instead of AT&T.
    AT&T takes the phone out of iPhone | InSecurity Complex - CNET News

AT&T-iPhone calling woes on redial | InSecurity Complex - CNET News
    09-24-09 05:13 AM
    Great question - the answer to the first question is... probably not.

GSM is rigidly channeled. A user takes up a channel with any connection. Since the channels are finite in nature, anytime someone makes a connection, a channel is used - no one else can use it until the first person releases it.

CDMA doesn't have this restriction - it can continue to pile on more & more connections. Close to the limits of usable bandwidth, data speeds may slow & voice calls become lower & lower quality.

With GSM, you're limited by the number of channels - one person surfing this site takes up the same amount of space as someone downloading images while streaming music. With CDMA, you're limited only by bandwidth - each user only takes up the bandwidth they need at that moment.

It isn't always that AT&T is short on bandwidth - more often, they are out of slots.

So I'd not be worried about bandwidth on VZW, under most circumstances.

That being said, to answer the second question, we won't see an iPhone on VZW before LTE. The LTE technology is what Apple is looking for - and it appears VZW is eager to get a variety of showpieces for their new network. Smartphones from Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Moto, HTC, LG (yes, LG) & maybe even Palm should dot the list of available phones for VZW. The operating systems will run the gamut of those available.
    Wouldnt that kind of be like a watermelon through a garden hose? LOL
    *giggles* out of slots...
    AT&T "no bars in more places!"
    09-24-09 07:29 AM
    I hope we get the iphone... There's a lot of VZW customer's that would like to drink that coolaid.
    09-24-09 07:41 AM
    then maybe they can complain about that for a change... cause you know it will be the same ol' story...
    "this Phone is a piece of c rap."
    "I've been through 3 iphones and its STILL not working"
    "fix my Level App its cockeyed"

09-24-09 07:52 AM
    I hope we get the iphone... There's a lot of VZW customer's that would like to drink that coolaid.
    I would be one to down that koolaid like it was goin out of style.

then maybe they can complain about that for a change... cause you know it will be the same ol' story...
    "this Phone is a piece of c rap."
    "I've been through 3 iphones and its STILL not working"
    "fix my Level App its cockeyed"
    Good thing for vzw reps is that people who would get the iphone and say its a piece of crap I need a new one bla bla bla...they have to go through apple with apple protection plan.
    09-24-09 07:57 AM
    And you all need to quit hammering on iPhone for AT&T network issues. Bold owners suffer the same network problems, plus RIM connectivity troubles.

-----------------

"Recently I was in the emergency room with mother for 12 hours. I had no cell service. Now I have an iPhone 3G and a Blackberry Curve, both with AT&T. Neither worked. Yet the lady next to my mother and a woman across from us both had perfect service. One used Sprint, the other Verizon," another reader wrote.
    Its the network, folks.
    09-24-09 08:25 AM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD