I have move to an area tha does not have great AT&T service. Most of the time I have no service. I do have wifi my question is, is there an app to sen SMS over wifi but also uses my actual cell phone number? My phone is running ios 4 and it is jailbroken.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 09:14 PM
    What about an IM app like Yahoo Messenger, AIM, MSN etc?
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-24-10 at 07:06 AM.
    06-23-10 11:21 PM
    I have move to an area tha does not have great AT&T service. Most of the time I have no service. I do have wifi my question is, is there an app to sen SMS over wifi but also uses my actual cell phone number? My phone is running ios 4 and it is jailbroken.

Just sign up for a google voice account and use the google voice app.
    06-24-10 02:18 AM
    Or use email to SMS.

How To Send Email To Any Cell Phone (for Free)

Go here to find the servers at the bottom of the page. SO for example I am on Rogers so to send to me it's 2501112222@pcs.rogers.com and I'll get it as a text. When I reply to you, you receive it as email.

And no, that's not my real number.
    06-24-10 02:23 AM
    Just sign up for a google voice account and use the google voice app.
    He'll just have to keep in mind that he'll need to jailbreak his phone in order to get the google voice app.
    06-24-10 02:31 AM
    He'll just have to keep in mind that he'll need to jailbreak his phone in order to get the google voice app.
    Well not really, Google made a web app that works great, I have it on my non JB'd iPhone 3GS
    06-24-10 04:36 AM
    My phone is jailbroke. Do I get the google voice app from cydia? And does it use my cell phone number or an email?

06-24-10 07:56 AM
    Well not really, Google made a web app that works great, I have it on my non JB'd iPhone 3GS
    Good looking out. I didn't know that. Thanks
    06-24-10 01:24 PM
    My phone is jailbroke. Do I get the google voice app from cydia? And does it use my cell phone number or an email?

No just use this link
    Google Voice for your phone You have to sign up for a GV number but don't worry it's all free.
    06-24-10 01:28 PM
    Good looking out. I didn't know that. Thanks
    Yup here is the link for you
    Google Voice for your phone
    06-24-10 01:29 PM
    i was able to receive sms messages to my verizon cell phone, and now when people try to send a message it says "the phone number can not receive sms messages at this time" does anybody know what caused the change?? thanks..
    06-25-10 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD