When i had my BB, I had an app called Smart Wifi. It helped with battery life because it kept the wifi turned off at the correct times, and on when it was near a wifi area. Is there an app like that for the iphone? Today is my 2nd day of ownership and I've had to charge my phone 5 times already. So anything that will help prolong my battery.
    02-04-12 05:53 PM
    Also, is there any way to close apps? Just hitting the home button makes me feel like its still running in the background.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.501430,-78.357928
    02-04-12 06:37 PM
    Double click on the home button. An area of the screen will be displayed at the bottom. Press one of the icons for a second or two, they will start to jiggle and display a red minus sign. Press the icons you want to close.
    02-04-12 07:38 PM
    02-04-12 07:55 PM
    Most people have to charge their iPhones a lot in the first few days because its new to them and cant put it down. there are multiple threads here on how to preserve your battery life. A good start is to let your battery die completely so the device shuts off. charge it with the wall charger that was provided when you bought it,. You wont need smart wifi type app as i never shut my wifi down it will connect automatically.
    02-05-12 08:17 AM
    Wifi on the iPhone promotes battery life too I might add - not harm it
    joe_fresh likes this.
    02-05-12 08:34 AM
    oops thanks for catching that cleve....
    02-05-12 09:02 AM
    Why I meant is that when you are not connected your wife uses battery checking. Turning off and on repeatedly. The smart wifi app remembered locations and kept it off until you were in a hot spot. Thereby preserving battery life. But even though I am new to the iPhone I am a phone junkie period. So I use my phone constantly.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.501515,-78.357907
    02-05-12 11:24 AM
    You dont have to constantly turn off your wifi... i never do. when i leave my house/wifi location it goes to 3g. when i get to my office it connects to the wifi there. both are password protected and it remembers them both so i dont have to manually connect to them. So in the end once you have connected to a wifi network you will never have to manually do it again. No special app needed to do this
    02-05-12 12:06 PM
    I should add that when your phone goes into sleep/screen lock mode it will automatically go back to 3g mode. and does not constantly search for a wifi network,
    02-05-12 12:11 PM
    It was not a manual process. It was automatic. Basically when you are not in a wifi area, your phone is constantly looking for wifi which eats up the battery. But smart wifi turns your wifi on and off to stop it from constantly searching. Thereby saving power. I know the phone will auto connect.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.521682,-78.310505
    02-05-12 01:34 PM
    and this is the difference between the iPhone and blackberry... you DON'T have to turn off the wifi to save the battery..
    02-05-12 01:51 PM
    Guys, I think you are missing the OP's point.

Unless you turn wifi off, it looks for a wifi signal every minute or so.
    If you are on 2g or 3g, with wifi turned on, it looks for a wifi network to connect to, wasting battery life.
    Same with Bluetooth.

As I understand it, he's looking for an app that prevents the device from searching for a wifi network during particular hours of his normal daily routine.
    (or when he is in specified geographic locations?)
    02-05-12 02:12 PM
    No i have done a two week test, shutting my wifi off before i leave the house. and the next week leaving it on and my battery life is the same either way,, there is more going on than the OP is stating,
    02-05-12 02:17 PM
    On an iPhone 4 or 4S, it might not make as much of a difference.

On my 3GS, it makes a noticeable difference. (not huge, but noticeable).

As the op stated, heavy usage may also be playing a part.
    Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 02-05-12 at 05:27 PM.
    02-05-12 05:17 PM
    Ok, apparently these feature is built in. I went to turn off the wifi and noticed it said that it will log on to known networks So that's cool. I do have another question. Does anyone have an issue with the screen shaking really badly? It doesn't happen all he time.
    02-06-12 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD