OK. Sometimes when I send a screenshot from my i4 to my laptop, the email doesnt go through. It occurs specifically when my iPhone does not ask me to designate the size of the photo. When it does ask me and I select for instance small or medium, it goes through. Does anyone know why sometimes it allows me to choose the size and sometimes not? I have my home email account as well as a gmail account on my i4, and it doesnt matter which I use to send to my laptop.
    09-21-10 07:16 PM
    A lot of email servers limit the size of attachments. If your attachment is too big, one of the servers (sending and receiving) may reject it. Gmail size limit I believe is 25MB, which is pretty large, so I doubt it's that. The problem is most likely another server.

For the size pop up thing. I think it only works if you mail photos you took from the camera roll. I noticed I don't see it if I use the copy/paste method or on photos I've saved from other sources.
    09-21-10 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The only thing is they're screenshots from the camera roll. It's funny because sometimes it will send, and sometimes it wont. Very strange.
    09-21-10 08:45 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The only thing is they're screenshots from the camera roll. It's funny because sometimes it will send, and sometimes it wont. Very strange.
    Actually that's a very good point. Screenshots are rarely over 1MB even though they're uncompressed. The only thing I can think of is that a server somewhere is rejecting PNG graphics for some reason. That or, on the very few occasions the screenshot is over 1MB, a server is rejecting those for size, although rejecting 1MB files is pretty uncommon nowadays.
    09-21-10 09:06 PM
    OK. Its my laptop. I rebooted it, and sent myself an email from my i4 and it went through. This is really strange, it's a Dell Studio 15, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM, blah blah blah. Maybe I need to clear all my cookies, but would that solve an email issue?
    09-21-10 09:15 PM
    OK. Its my laptop. I rebooted it, and sent myself an email from my i4 and it went through. This is really strange, it's a Dell Studio 15, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM, blah blah blah. Maybe I need to clear all my cookies, but would that solve an email issue?
    Nah, cookies shouldn't have anything to do with email, even webmail since most of those use https. It could be anything.... I get weird computer problems all the time that I never understand the causes of and supposedly I'm the guy at my company who's supposed to figure out what went wrong. Just like it did for you, 90% of the time a reboot fixes it for me too.
    09-21-10 09:23 PM
    LOL. Very strange. Hey, thanks for your help buddy!
    09-21-10 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD