View Poll Results: which is better Toktumi or Skype?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toktumi

0 0%
    3 100.00%
    Seeing what you guys feel about these two apps. Some of you shoot most of you may not even know what Toktumi is. Well its .99 cents, to buy from the app store for a free 30 days of unlimited calls within the US and Canada. and like 2 cents a minute for overseas. it uses At&t's 3G to make calls and your not charged for it at all!!!!! again at all!! this isn't a joke. it also allows wifi calling. So tell me if you have had both which do you think is better?

My choice of course is Toktumi!
    03-25-10 02:34 PM
    Skype... more people use it. I'm not going to try and convince all my friends to switch either.

Skype ftw in my book for that reason alone.
    03-25-10 03:05 PM
    Skype... more people use it. I'm not going to try and convince all my friends to switch either.

Skype ftw in my book for that reason alone.
    +1, well said...
    03-25-10 03:11 PM
    Skype by far is the best
    03-28-10 09:45 AM
    I don't think it a fair judgement for a tour user to call the twosince you guys as verizon customers can't benefit from toktumi at all.
    03-28-10 09:50 AM
    I think it's fair for the reason that I said and SD agreed to. Even if it is a good client, it'll be much more of a hassle to try and convince a crap load of friends to switch and then have them have their friends switch... so on and so forth.
    03-28-10 06:37 PM
    I think it's fair for the reason that I said and SD agreed to. Even if it is a good client, it'll be much more of a hassle to try and convince a crap load of friends to switch and then have them have their friends switch... so on and so forth.
    That was the reason I agreed with you in the first place, Duvi. The OP asked a question and we answered...
    03-28-10 06:47 PM
    Only thing I wassaying is why would you need to have all you friends switch. I call all my skype friends with this. It's still only 15 bucks a month they don't need to switch at all.
    03-28-10 06:51 PM
    That's not the point, Brandon. Just because Toktumi maybe better, as an application, or just in your opinion does not mean it will become popular and widely used with others. The name Skype has become a trademark for the features it provides, people will always relate back to it. All you will hear is; "It's like Skype", forever...
    03-28-10 07:08 PM
    I'm not arguing with you there at all, I have skype on my iPhone as well. All i was trying to say is that Duvi wouldn't need to make his friends switch at all (granted he has a device that was capable of using the service).
    03-28-10 07:19 PM
    I'm not arguing with you there at all, I have skype on my iPhone as well. All i was trying to say is that Duvi wouldn't need to make his friends switch at all (granted he has a device that was capable of using the service).
    They will still use Skype, look a topic like this is like arguing about politics, you can debate about it forever. I'm done, let's see what the others have to say...
    03-28-10 07:23 PM
    Brandon, so my friends on Skype will not get charged? Because skype-to-skype is free. Me calling them from a client that isn't skype should charge. Maybe I'm wrong?

Call Rates - Calling Costs - Skype
    03-29-10 01:38 AM
    Ohhh ok ok that totally flew past me your right, that makes sense. Your a good friend lol, cause for the toktumi person it would be free well (15.00) for them it would charge that makes sense now.

(I wasn't trying to debate either as severe seemed to be taking my approach, I was just wondering why you would need to tell them to switch).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD