back online
    11-05-10 11:03 PM
    I noticed this too. Sadly I am A-ok with Safari. Why was it taken off again?
    11-06-10 12:20 AM
    Skyfire servers crashed when it came out.

I am ok with Safari as well.

Only wish Opera Mini would be as good. I'd much rather have that!
    11-06-10 12:50 AM
    I purchased the first day it came out, and I cannot find anything redeeming about it that warrants the purchase, and may even return it for refund.

It's extremely slow, and I guess Flash isn't that big of a deal. Safari renders much faster.
    11-06-10 08:21 AM
    Thanx for the info and im glad that i didnt purchase it.As im a new ipod touch owner so im still learning.Any other cool apps.
    11-06-10 10:04 AM
    I purchased Skyfire and don't think it is even worth the $3 I paid. I have not had luck with it working for any of the flash sites I have gone to. I should have read the reviews before purchasing. Also, I have an ipad and it is an iphone app. unless you know for sure it supports the sites you frequent, don't waste your cash.
    11-06-10 02:26 PM
    I purchased Skyfire and don't think it is even worth the $3 I paid. I have not had luck with it working for any of the flash sites I have gone to. I should have read the reviews before purchasing. Also, I have an ipad and it is an iphone app. unless you know for sure it supports the sites you frequent, don't waste your cash.
    I'm having great luck so far with Skyfire. I'm having a good time on TBS watching shows like Seinfeld. The videos play smoothly a clear for me. I agree that it takes a while to start playing, but they say that's because its doing the rendering or whatever you call it on Skyfire's servers.

Sure Safari is faster, but it's no good for flash sites. It's up to personal preferences.
    11-06-10 05:29 PM
    Is it worth the $2.99? I can't recall the last time I went to a website that needed flash...
    11-07-10 05:31 AM
    Is it worth the $2.99? I can't recall the last time I went to a website that needed flash...
    I'd say that until you do, just hold off on getting the app. There are only a
    couple of websites that I would have liked to have visited on my iPhone but
    there was no reason to since Flash wasn't available. Now with Skyfire, it's
    worth the time for me to visit the sites.
    11-07-10 01:46 PM
    I still remember the days of skyfire being on Windows Mobile. It was nice, but it was extremely buggy. If it's still buggy at this point, then many of you are right: it's not worth the asking price for the program. Funny thing is, for WinMo it was always free. I'm somewhat hesitant to put it on my Droid. I, like many of you, are fine with the stock browser option available.
    11-07-10 07:39 PM
    I can't see myself spending $3 just to get halfway flash support...
    11-07-10 08:05 PM
    It had plenty of bugs when I ran it on WM6.1. It would force a play of something I was trying to download. I don't know if it's gotten any better, but I'm not holding my breath. Skyfire came too late to the party because first-party phone manufacturers already started bringing out their versions of webkit to the respective devices.
    11-07-10 08:08 PM
    I still remember the days of skyfire being on Windows Mobile. It was nice, but it was extremely buggy. If it's still buggy at this point, then many of you are right: it's not worth the asking price for the program. Funny thing is, for WinMo it was always free. I'm somewhat hesitant to put it on my Droid. I, like many of you, are fine with the stock browser option available.
    You're here in the iPhone forum complaining about how Skyfire performed on WinMo and how buggy it was then. If you're hesitant about putting it on your Droid that's your problem.

I've been using it on my iPhone 4 since it was released and I see nothing wrong with it for viewing flash videos. It's a little slow loading a video, because it's doing it's processing on their servers.

As far as the stock browser goes, you're right...it's fine. But for those of us who want to use flash websites sometimes, Safari is not an option.

Why don't you get a hold of an iPhone with Skyfire installed and try it for yourself and see how buggy it is and quit reminiscing about your old WinMo days.
    11-08-10 12:33 AM
    Why don't you get a hold of an iPhone with Skyfire installed and try it for yourself and see how buggy it is and quit reminiscing about your old WinMo days.
    I don't look on my WinMo days with any real fondness. I'll take up your challenge, and will talk to some of my friends who do own it; and see for myself.
    11-08-10 12:44 AM
    An update is out. Pretty good update.
    11-23-10 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD