just thought this was kinda funny

Siri Tells Little Boy to 'Shut the F--- Up,' Calls Him 'Ugly' | NBC Bay Area

"For all the kind and helpful advice that Apple's Siri personal assistant gives out, don't ever catch it on a bad day, or it'll tell you off in ways your mother would not approve.

If a report from The Sun is to be believed, a demo unit for the iPhone 4S caught fire for telling 12-year-old Charlie Le Quesne to "Shut the f--- up, you ugly t---."

Charlie reportedly asked Siri "How many people are there in the world?" and that was the answer he got back. Together with his mother and the manager, they asked the demo iPhone 4S the same question and got the same answer back yet again. Needless to say, the demo unit was unplugged and sent back to Apple for "diagnostic tests."

The errors seems to have stemmed from Siri thinking that the questioner's name was "Shut the f--- up, you ugly t---."

All this happened at a U.K. Tesco supermarket. It's worth noting that on U.K. iPhones, Siri's default voice is that of a male and not female like it is in the U.S. So you'll have to picture Siri cursing the poor boy out with a male British accent. I bet it sounds even funnier that way."
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-30-11 11:01 PM
    all the apple love for suri, people acting like its the second coming. It just your average voice recognition software. suri should shut the f up. sorry
    1812dave likes this.
    12-31-11 12:05 AM
    Everyone knows I am no Apple fan (been flamed for it for which I carry as a badge of honor). But there is something fishy about this story. Perhaps staged to have a case to sue Apple and the retailer. Just my opinion...
    12-31-11 12:57 AM
    That's too funny. Wish I could have seen the expression on their faces
    12-31-11 01:01 AM
    Hard to believe - but possible after all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-11 01:30 AM
    The sad thing is there may be people who would do whatever it told them....STFU and believe that they were ugly.
    12-31-11 01:49 AM
    ^ Lol! Had to laugh at that
    12-31-11 02:15 AM
    I find this story fishy as well.
    Not much to do with Blackberry News and Rumors either.
    12-31-11 06:20 AM
    No it appears it really did happen. I read the full story at our sister site tipb.com. It seems earlier in the day some pranksters were messing with the device and set the owner's name as that 7 word foul phrase. The kid got his answer on the screen and then Siri said his "name" the 7 word cuss!
    12-31-11 06:52 AM
    It was pranksters who changed the name of the owner to something foul. It wasn't anything Siri did wrong, it was human "error". I have my Siri calling me "You Highness".

Also, why is this even in here? It should be moved to the Apple section since this has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    12-31-11 06:55 AM
    The sad thing is there may be people who would do whatever it told them....STFU and believe that they were ugly.
    Perhaps like the folks who rely a little too much on GPS and turn onto railroad tracks or into obstacles while driving?
    12-31-11 07:07 AM
    LMAO!!!!....now thats some funny shi$
    12-31-11 07:13 AM
    Yea they changed the owner name. I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.
    12-31-11 10:21 AM
    in this thread i already see a few names who are always on about trolls so let me ask.

someone posts a thread about maybe switching to ios and half this site goes nuts calling him a troll and what not, whats the difference here. Really, why post this at all? if you looked into it at all you would know it was just a who changed the name of the owner of the phone in its address book.

and as for siri being just another voice recognition software, think again dude,its amazing once you use it. my ex wife has it on her iphone and there is nothing on any phone that comes close. really, if you havent used it, do say its nothing.

now dont get me wrong i love my BB and PB but does it really make you feel better about yourself when you read negitive posts about ios and android? really? they are just phones, why care soooooo much? why do we feel the need to have everyone say, yes, your great, you have a cool phone. lol.

anyway, not trying to pick a fight but really this is almost like being 5. my dads stronger than your dad.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 12-31-11 at 11:02 AM.
    12-31-11 10:51 AM
    Whilst I lol'd at the story...

If a report from The Sun is to be believed
    This is funniest part of the whole thing!

(The Sun is a tabloid publication in the UK, purveying allsorts of sensationalist stories with tenuous truth. For personal reasons, I view them as the scum of the publishing earth and will not allow it in my home, but I'm not alone in that viewpoint!) #dontbuythesun is a popular hashtag on twitter, do please search and draw your own conclusions.
    12-31-11 11:21 AM
    all the apple love for suri, people acting like its the second coming. It just your average voice recognition software. suri should shut the f up. sorry
    LOL. Spoken like someone that truly just doesn't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-31-11 11:30 AM
    You can get Siri to say anything you want. I freaked my kids out by having Siri recite the "help me obi wan" speech from Star Wars.
    12-31-11 11:46 AM
    someone should change the default name to "these are not the droids you're looking for"
    12-31-11 12:44 PM
    in this thread i already see a few names who are always on about trolls so let me ask.

someone posts a thread about maybe switching to ios and half this site goes nuts calling him a troll and what not, whats the difference here. Really, why post this at all? if you looked into it at all you would know it was just a who changed the name of the owner of the phone in its address book.

and as for siri being just another voice recognition software, think again dude,its amazing once you use it. my ex wife has it on her iphone and there is nothing on any phone that comes close. really, if you havent used it, do say its nothing.

now dont get me wrong i love my BB and PB but does it really make you feel better about yourself when you read negitive posts about ios and android? really? they are just phones, why care soooooo much? why do we feel the need to have everyone say, yes, your great, you have a cool phone. lol.

anyway, not trying to pick a fight but really this is almost like being 5. my dads stronger than your dad.
    you take yourself waaaayyyy to seriously buddy
    12-31-11 01:54 PM
    That's just a funny prank regardless of the phone platform. And it's totally going to spread the idea.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-31-11 02:48 PM
    All someone did was create a contact with that info then changed the settings for siri to that contact.
    12-31-11 06:41 PM
    So basically, the staff was probably messing with the phone for hours, driving it crazy, goofing around, telling it that their name was "shut the f up etc etc" and then they got customers, got busy, let the phone be, and the little guy spoke to it the wrong time. There you have it, problem and mystery solved. Don't bother sending it to apple for analysis.
    Hahahaha. :-)

01-01-12 07:05 AM
    just thought this was kinda funny

Siri Tells Little Boy to 'Shut the F--- Up,' Calls Him 'Ugly' | NBC Bay Area

"For all the kind and helpful advice that Apple's Siri personal assistant gives out, don't ever catch it on a bad day, or it'll tell you off in ways your mother would not approve.

If a report from The Sun is to be believed, a demo unit for the iPhone 4S caught fire for telling 12-year-old Charlie Le Quesne to "Shut the f--- up, you ugly t---."

Charlie reportedly asked Siri "How many people are there in the world?" and that was the answer he got back. Together with his mother and the manager, they asked the demo iPhone 4S the same question and got the same answer back yet again. Needless to say, the demo unit was unplugged and sent back to Apple for "diagnostic tests."

The errors seems to have stemmed from Siri thinking that the questioner's name was "Shut the f--- up, you ugly t---."

All this happened at a U.K. Tesco supermarket. It's worth noting that on U.K. iPhones, Siri's default voice is that of a male and not female like it is in the U.S. So you'll have to picture Siri cursing the poor boy out with a male British accent. I bet it sounds even funnier that way."
    The little punk probably deserved it.LMAO!
    01-04-12 12:47 PM
    The little punk probably deserved it.LMAO!
    Hahahaha!!! Yeah! That cocky little bugger probably did! I like the way you think grunt :-)

01-05-12 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD