If Siri is set to U.S. English, she won't understand a British accent. If the setting is changed to UK English, she changes into a man (thats a man Baby) and refuses to look up addresses in the U.S.

This is for an AT&T iPhone located in the U.S.
    10-20-11 01:04 PM
    Siri voices have to be the same as the country your in i wanted to try the Aussie voice and I am in Indiana...no dice. Try Siri by raising it and not using the button.
    10-20-11 02:12 PM
    Siri voices have to be the same as the country your in i wanted to try the Aussie voice and I am in Indiana...no dice. Try Siri by raising it and not using the button.
    I know, which is a completely stupid restriction. They invented airplanes about a 100 years ago now. I am surprised the Siri designers haven't heard of them.

I have a British accent and the only way I can get Siri voice recognition to work properly is with Siri set to UK English.
    10-20-11 07:59 PM
    so try your american accent? :P
    10-21-11 01:34 AM
    so try your american accent? :P
    Unfortunately I can't do an American accent (french OTOH).
    10-21-11 07:47 AM
    Apple should hire celebrities to do voices for Siri.

How awesome would it be to have something like Patrick Stewart, saying, I will make it so!!!!
    10-21-11 12:09 PM
    Apple should hire celebrities to do voices for Siri.

How awesome would it be to have something like Patrick Stewart, saying, I will make it so!!!!
    I would prefer Elizabeth Hurley or perhaps Keira Knightley.
    10-21-11 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD