I got a chuckle out of this news story this morning (New Yorker sues Apple: 'Misleading and deceptive' Siri ads - The Register), that claims Siri is less accurate now than she was on release of the iPhone 4S. It suggests that Apple may be limiting the computing power required to make her work properly.
    03-13-12 09:22 AM
    Lol, I saw that on CNet. I thought the claim was that Siri is less acurate than the commercials indicate (which, IMO, is going to be a "duh" type thing).
    Hope they win, not like Apple doesn't have plenty of cash. Although if it gets to the point where it looks like they might win, Apple will likely settle with the plaintiff.
    03-13-12 09:48 AM
    Good for him. I can't wait to see either a. the media completely not mention this. b. the media and Apple downplay this.
    03-13-12 09:51 AM
    Well, I do know Siri doesn't like my accent. She keeps telling me that she can only help me if I speak American English.
    Don't know about dumber, but she is definitely getting to be a bit rude.
    jordandrews90 and peargood like this.
    03-13-12 09:54 AM
    Shouldn't this be in the iphone forum?
    03-13-12 10:29 AM
    crackberry, number 1 source for all things apple!
    03-13-12 10:36 AM
    Shouldn't this be in the iphone forum?
    No, this is fine. Everybody loves a bit of schadenfreuda from time to time. Lord knows Siri isn't perfect. It is still the most useful interface I have seen on a portable device, flaws and all, but there is plenty to laugh at.
    03-13-12 10:43 AM
    crackberry, number 1 source for all things apple!
    Exactly.

10 more characters
    03-13-12 10:43 AM
    Ask siri if its in the wrong forum......with an American English voice though.
    03-13-12 11:02 AM
    I love RP so I changed her over to UK English. Got a dreamy artificial male RP but HE didn't understand me either!!!
    03-13-12 11:18 AM
    I can't stand her. I speak clear, clean North American English and she's always confused so I end up blasting her and calling her bad names. lolol.
    03-13-12 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD