thefuturereport.com/story/software-598

Now lets get it on Playbook.
    11-16-11 01:43 PM
    11-16-11 01:51 PM
    That all fine and dandy but Siri uses the UDID of the device to authenticate. So no it wont work on any other manufacturers device. It has been working on other iDevices...............
    11-16-11 02:19 PM
    Easy! Just Steal an iPhone 4S!

I'm refering to the link in post number 2.
    11-16-11 02:23 PM
    Wow, embarrassing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 04:20 PM
    Does anyone ever read? Or do they just grab a headline and post it:

After decompressing the message from the body, they realized that Siri sends a compressed version of the audio clip recorded from the request, to the server. Also the device has to send an identifier (unique to each iPhone 4S) to validate the legitimacy of the message. It seems that you use an iPhone 4S’s identifier on other devices, but this means that you need to have (or steal) an iPhone 4S from someone to obtain that unique identifier.

Also this is great for Apple that it is news. A simple patch and then no more story.
    11-16-11 04:35 PM
    Calm down accidental.

Plus you brought up a thread that was at least 4 months old about an issue that was fixed with software updates.

No need to get feisty.
    11-16-11 04:42 PM
    Not pointed at you death.
    11-16-11 04:42 PM
    Hey sorry ap I just redid the link that the op put up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-16-11 04:56 PM
    No biggie funny thing this is no different then getting your JB ipsw authenticated for use. Instead of calling Apple for the authenticity of the ipsw you can call a "mimic" server with acts just like Apple's authentication server and it was also not pointed at you JF

And really someone with a post count of 10 comes to the apple forum to post it
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-16-11 at 05:03 PM.
    11-16-11 04:58 PM
    So how come it was ported to 3GS and working if it needs a 4s identifier? It's a mess if you ask me, everybody seems to be hacking away at Siri.

11-16-11 05:02 PM
    Because everyone wants it.

It uses a UDID ALL iPhones have them......:roll eyes:

The article is flat out WRONG.

the same way that Apple sets up dev accounts on the iDevices by the UDID......
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-16-11 at 05:14 PM.
    11-16-11 05:07 PM
    Is this article wrong too?

Siri ported to iPhone 3GS, likes to kick it old school -- Engadget

11-16-11 05:16 PM
    It has a UDID what is so hard to comprehend? Thats how Siri authenticates...:roll eyes:

Try getting a UDID on a BB or Win phone.....

Siri can work on ANY iDevice. iPod, iPad, iPhone.....if it has a UDID you can get it to work.
    11-16-11 05:18 PM
    It's still embarrasing how they can hack away at it so easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get hold of your UDID they could use it to send a siri command that will return to the real UDID device. Watch this space.

11-16-11 05:26 PM
    Embarrassing how? That people can hack at an app? Just like it must be embarrassing that an ipsw (the os) can be hacked and jailbroken?

Do you know what a UDID is and how to get it from the phone?
    11-16-11 05:27 PM
    Embarrassing how? That people can hack at an app? Just like it must be embarrassing that an ipsw (the os) can be hacked and jailbroken?

Do you know what a UDID is and how to get it from the phone?
    No but in 30 seconds I now know thanks to google search. Seems pretty easy and I'm sure plenty app developers have a database with them.

PS, jailbroken/rooted OS is embarrassing to me.

11-16-11 05:33 PM
    So go play in the Android forum or roll over to XDA developers.....see how that works out for you?

Back to ignore...you can't bait me.

FACTS trump misinformation EVERY time.....
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 11-16-11 at 05:38 PM.
    11-16-11 05:36 PM
    Will you two knock it off!

Accidental Post, you said you were taking time away from the forums in one of your posts.... People are taking devices way to personal these days...

It was quite until now..........

Stop stirring the pot. Personal comments from both sides is getting old real quick. Both of you are fully aware of the rules of conduct we ask from users on here. What ever happened to lead by example??

Both of you move on, Have some civil discussion, if it's not going any where, take a hint and drop it.

To much of a popularity contest around here.......
    11-16-11 08:11 PM
    UDID is Unique Device Identification.
    Kinda like a BlackBerries Pin.. But much longer (Like 20 characters)

What AP is saying is that to actually use Siri on the device, the device has to not only identify itself as an Apple Device but also provide the UDID to the server for Siri to respond.

However, It doesn't mean people can't get it to work on other devices. @AP.
    Still Possible. It'll just cost an iPhone 4S.
    11-16-11 08:48 PM
    Will you two knock it off!

Accidental Post, you said you were taking time away from the forums in one of your posts.... People are taking devices way to personal these days...

It was quite until now..........

Stop stirring the pot. Personal comments from both sides is getting old real quick. Both of you are fully aware of the rules of conduct we ask from users on here. What ever happened to lead by example??

Both of you move on, Have some civil discussion, if it's not going any where, take a hint and drop it.

To much of a popularity contest around here.......
    I don't know why he can't just keep the debate about phones and has to get personal.
    I've always been and will remain civil. I find OP's article interesting.

11-17-11 12:06 AM
    UDID is Unique Device Identification.
    Kinda like a BlackBerries Pin.. But much longer (Like 20 characters)

What AP is saying is that to actually use Siri on the device, the device has to not only identify itself as an Apple Device but also provide the UDID to the server for Siri to respond.

However, It doesn't mean people can't get it to work on other devices. @AP.
    Still Possible. It'll just cost an iPhone 4S.
    That's what I find interesting, if the UDID is used to initiate a comand on Apple's servers, where will the command return?

11-17-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD