I got the Sidekick Prepaid Plan working with my EDGE iPhone with T-Mobile.

The SK prepay plan includes unlimited txts and unlimited data for $1 a day.

I got a cheap prepaid kit and set up the SIM card online to have the SK prepaid plan. No sidekick phone was needed.

The APN on your iPhone should be set to: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    username: dummy
    password: dummy

It really does work. I'm glad I don't have to switch SIM cards anymore. I just wanted to use my iPhone for data and now I get to do that. The data speed is actually really fast. It's great.

If you want to only pay when you use it, then switch your prepaid plan to "Pay When you use it" plan and then you won't get charged. When you want to use the SK plan again, just go online and switch back to it.

Just thought I'd share with you guys.
    07-14-09 06:59 PM
    Are you sure you won't get a nice little surprise within a month in the mail?
    07-14-09 07:08 PM
    Did I say it's prepaid?

You pay upfront for the service you use and then it deducts from your balance. You don't get any "bills" with it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

So far, it's deducted a dollar for today for my SK plan. I've checked it again after using the iPhone a lot and a little texting. Still only a dollar was taken away. To be sure, I made a call to my VM and it deducted .20 for that 1 min call right away. Nothing else.

I'm positive it's fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 07:53 PM
    can you send mms?
    07-25-09 01:49 PM
    This has been possible... heck, I also find it funny that T-mobile USA has an iPhone data plan in their billing system, lol.
    07-25-09 03:25 PM
    are there any drawbacks to havin the service on another carrier other than at-t? can anyone here confirm that they can receive mms on their iphone with it conlocked and using another carriers sim?
    07-25-09 06:38 PM
    No 3G.

10char
    07-25-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD