So I've been on the Blackberry for about 1 1/2 years now and I think I'm starting to feel sick of it and want to change to the iPhone 4.

I have about 8 months left on my current Blackberry plan, I pay �30 but can downgrade to �20 before making the cancellation and paying off the plan.

I think I am getting pretty desperate at the moment because I don't mind paying off about �160 to swap to the iPhone (and my mum has agreed and she even said yes that I should do it LOL).

...and then 2 days ago I had this thought 'am I ready to let go of push email' and I DON'T KNOW :P

So I'm stuck in a rut but I seriously can't see myself using a Blackberry for the rest of my life :P
    07-08-10 03:40 PM
    that's one of those decisions that, given the money, your situation, and your wants, that only you can make.
    07-08-10 03:42 PM
    Why would you need to let go of push email?

Any friends with a new iphone4 and an unused iphone 3GS you could borrow for a couple weeks? I don't know about on Orange, but here in the states on AT&T it's very easy to switch from a Blackberry to an iphone if you want to try it out before making a commitment to a new subsidized phone.
    07-08-10 04:27 PM
    Why would you need to let go of push email?

Any friends with a new iphone4 and an unused iphone 3GS you could borrow for a couple weeks? I don't know about on Orange, but here in the states on AT&T it's very easy to switch from a Blackberry to an iphone if you want to try it out before making a commitment to a new subsidized phone.
    I thought the iPhone doesn't really have proper push email?

I don't think Orange do things like AT&T :S
    07-08-10 04:55 PM
    It may depend on which mail service you use; my work email via Exchange Activesync often shows up on my iphone before it does in Outlook. If I set up Gmail as an Exchange account (Google has directions) it also works as push. I don't use other email services.

O2 doesn't let you move a SIM from one phone to another and call them up to change data plans around? Thats how I switched from my BB9700 to the iphone 3GS I bought used.
    07-09-10 08:11 AM
    My push email works better on my 3GS & i4
    than it does on my 9700. I also have get
    access to my folders =)
    07-09-10 10:25 AM
    O2 doesn't let you move a SIM from one phone to another and call them up to change data plans around? Thats how I switched from my BB9700 to the iphone 3GS I bought used.
    I'm on Orange at the moment so I don't think I can switch it like that. But I do want to change to O2.
    07-11-10 02:57 PM
    access to my folders =)
    Good to know. Thanks!
    07-16-10 09:40 AM
    How is that? I had a 3GS on iOS 4 and set up a mailbox on bot the 97 and the 3GS... it's was my own domain mail box. and the berry would get my email up too 5 minutes before the iphone did.
    did i set it up wrong??

access to my folders =)
    07-16-10 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD