The more I keep thinking about it I think I will eventually make the switch from my BlackBerry Tour to the iPhone, I just got to wait a bit before doing that. My reasons for having to wait are personal and I don't wish to say what they are. Anyway I keep reading these rumours about the iPhone 4G so if it's true should I wait for that to be released or should I just get the 3GS when the time is right?
    05-02-10 01:45 PM
    I would wait if it was me.
    05-02-10 01:55 PM
    To the OP, the iPhone HD/4G or whatever they are going to call it will be released next month, WWDC is Jun 7th so that is the most likely date for it to come out. If I were you I would just wait for the new one. Not sure if the dates will be the same for CA though as the iPad was a little later to come out up there then it was here in the states.
    05-02-10 02:53 PM
    I'd say wait until next month. If you can't though, just pick up a 3GS off craigslist and go no contract with AT&T until the new phone is released.
    05-02-10 04:11 PM
    WWDC is a little over a month from now. Not a very long time to wait.
    05-02-10 05:49 PM
    The more I keep thinking about it I think I will eventually make the switch from my BlackBerry Tour to the iPhone, I just got to wait a bit before doing that. My reasons for having to wait are personal and I don't wish to say what they are. Anyway I keep reading these rumours about the iPhone 4G so if it's true should I wait for that to be released or should I just get the 3GS when the time is right?
    If you are plannining on waiting anyway, you've answered your own question, as the next gen iPhone will likely be available in Canada in a month or two.

What might throw a wrench in there is this.

Will Rogers get it first, with a period of exclusivity, making Telus and Bell customers wait (Or buy elsewhere, unlock and activate)?

Or will all 3 carriers launch it in Canada simultaneously?

Rogers has had a business relationship with Apple for a few years, so who knows what deals they've made.
    05-02-10 07:26 PM
    Just wait...we are so close.
    05-03-10 02:16 PM
    I'm thinking of jumping ship to the iphone also. I have to wait until June 2011 tho.

Currently, not really happy with the app selection with the BB.
    05-03-10 02:32 PM
    To the OP-- why do you say "in case" they release the 4g? It's not a maybe ... it's coming in a few weeks. Just wait. No point in getting a 3gs now. You've waited. Wait a tiny bit more.
    The tour is a kick a$$ phone. It's not like ur suffering. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 11:28 PM
    it is not working, i faced some errors
    HUH? Ok now I know your not reading any of these threads and just posting nonsense to up your post count. So what exactly isnt working for you, your iphone 4G? Yea mine has been giving me errors too. You know the one that hasnt come out yet
    05-04-10 04:33 AM
    If you are plannining on waiting anyway, you've answered your own question, as the next gen iPhone will likely be available in Canada in a month or two.

What might throw a wrench in there is this.

Will Rogers get it first, with a period of exclusivity, making Telus and Bell customers wait (Or buy elsewhere, unlock and activate)?

Or will all 3 carriers launch it in Canada simultaneously?

Rogers has had a business relationship with Apple for a few years, so who knows what deals they've made.
    Doubtful. Apple realized that they were hurt by the exclusivity agreement with AT&T, so they won't do that again.
    Not to mention that there never was an exclusivity agreement in Canada, since at the time Rogers/Fido were the only ones that could carry the iPhone...
    05-04-10 11:12 AM
    Apple was hurt by it? They're the biggest phone maker is the US.

Apple takes the helm as the biggest domestic phone maker & sells 1 million iPads (Phone Arena News)

Hardly hurting...
    05-04-10 11:57 AM
    Doubtful. Apple realized that they were hurt by the exclusivity agreement with AT&T, so they won't do that again.
    Not to mention that there never was an exclusivity agreement in Canada, since at the time Rogers/Fido were the only ones that could carry the iPhone...
    Haha, I keep forgetting that the new Belus network is...new. Good point.
    05-04-10 02:58 PM
    I qualify for an upgrade right now. I already have a BB curve 8310 and a Storm, now I'm ready for an iphone. Would it make sense to get the 3gs now and take it for a test drive to get the feel of it, then when they announce the 4g, take it back and cancel my upgrade and wait? You have 30 days.
    05-11-10 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD