It still has no USB ports.

Sorry but there something about connecting a computer to a computer in order to get my files onto it, and don't even get my started with iTunes transfer, its not the same!

I'm not a fanboy, still watching how the Tablet wars plays out before I pick one.
    03-03-11 03:35 PM
    Yeah the lack of USB port in the first ipad really hurt it big time...

............................I think you left out the word "my" in the title, because I think you mean your expectations.

edit: oh and by the way, there's an app for that. Ones which let you use your ipod/iphone/ipad like a usb drive.
    Last edited by dooodads; 03-03-11 at 03:43 PM.
    03-03-11 03:39 PM
    Nope, didn't leave out my at all, because it never had my expectations in the first place I like my portable devices flexible, and sure as heck shouldn't need a app to do it. It should just... well do it
    Last edited by BerryUK; 03-03-11 at 04:34 PM.
    03-03-11 04:29 PM
    Who set this expectation?
    03-03-11 04:32 PM
    Question is whose expectation?

Anyhow, I do wish it had a couple additional things.

1. USB port so I can sync it with my iPhone so they can remain in sync.
    2. Retina display

The other things on my wish list are iOS specific.
    03-03-11 04:39 PM
    Duuuude you know you meant your expectations and nobody else's.
    03-03-11 04:55 PM
    Duuuude you know you meant your expectations and nobody else's.
    I'm pretty sure everyone's expectation isn't the same. Some people probably see it as the greatest thing because it exceeds what they want other see it as an improvement but still missing somethings (I fall in this category) and then those that see it as nothing special at all.
    03-03-11 04:57 PM
    Well the OP said it didn't meet expectations. Yet it sold 15 million so it not only met expectations but obviously exceeded! But you see what he MEANT to say was that the ipad 2 didn't meet HIS expectations. But then he claimed he didn't have any expectations. Yet this very topic clearly suggests that he indeed DID have expectations otherwise how could they not have been met if there was nothing to meet?

Not THAT complicated. But yeah, I also hope for a retina display but lets be real, the resolution for a retina display would have to be astronomical, there must be a good reason they didn't roll it out yet. I'm personally waiting for the iPad 3 since I know they'll be the first to a "retina" display, and see if anyone can match or exceed around the same time.
    03-03-11 05:01 PM
    Well the OP said it didn't meet expectations. Yet it sold 15 million so it not only met expectations but obviously exceeded! But you see what he MEANT to say was that the ipad 2 didn't meet HIS expectations. But then he claimed he didn't have any expectations. Yet this very topic clearly suggests that he indeed DID have expectations otherwise how could they not have been met if there was nothing to meet?

Not THAT complicated. But yeah, I also hope for a retina display but lets be real, the resolution for a retina display would have to be astronomical, there must be a good reason they didn't roll it out yet. I'm personally waiting for the iPad 3 since I know they'll be the first to a "retina" display, and see if anyone can match or exceed around the same time.
    Yeah I agree with you. I misunderstood you.
    03-03-11 05:02 PM
    It still has no USB ports.

Sorry but there something about connecting a computer to a computer in order to get my files onto it, and don't even get my started with iTunes transfer, its not the same!

I'm not a fanboy, still watching how the Tablet wars plays out before I pick one.
    The usb port is for what? connecting to a computer? Really? it does now. Transfer of files when not connected to a computer? It can now, it's called idisk. All computers use an "app" or "program" to transfer files. If you don't want an ipad don't buy one but to make up silly excuses....?
    03-03-11 08:11 PM
    You need the cloud to transfer files? I thought the thing had a usb port?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 05:59 AM

Maybe apple had hop�d for 30 million.

03-04-11 06:01 AM
    You need the cloud to transfer files? I thought the thing had a usb port?

Ya, I don't know what the OP is thinking... the iPad2 comes with a USB to multiport cable like all the other iDevices do. Had Apple enabled mass storage mode with more portions of the device than just the camera roll, I don't think this would be a discussion.
    03-04-11 08:31 AM
    How does one claim something didnt meet expectations and then claim he didnt have any expectations to begin with? Is there really a portable device that really....just does it, without apps?
    03-04-11 09:22 AM
    Ya, I don't know what the OP is thinking... the iPad2 comes with a USB to multiport cable like all the other iDevices do. Had Apple enabled mass storage mode with more portions of the device than just the camera roll, I don't think this would be a discussion.
    As the saying goes.... "there's an app for that." Additional mass storage is easily enabled by dozens if not hundreds of apps.
    03-04-11 09:32 AM
    I think apple can put anything out at this point and the faithful will buy it blindly.
    03-04-11 09:37 AM
    McDonalds sells millions of burgers in a given month.. so does that mean they make the BEST burger? NO.
    i have my reservations with the OP's statement though.

I and other people who knows a little more than the average person in terms of Technology, will agree that the ipad2 is missing a lot of things.. and these are the same people who felt like the ipad1 should have a front facing camera to begin with when it came out last April
    there was the expectation for a Retina Display as well.

BUT, majority of the buyers, like my grandparents couldn't care less about the bench mark difference between the A4 and A5 chips.. and they'll probably buy it since they held out in buying one last year.
    03-04-11 09:40 AM
    the next step is clound computing. Itunes seems will go onto the clound and so will go everything else. Cables will be not as useful anymore and apple is going that route. My pictures sync just fine with mobileme on all my devices and if this service becomes free, this post will become rather irrelevant.
    03-04-11 09:59 AM
    My two cents, coming from someone who has little interest in an iPad myself.

On the surface, the updates to the iPad do seem a bit underwhelming. Faster processor and two cameras - bfd. But I think many people are understating the advancements involved in implementing a dual-core processor without affecting battry life. That's no small feat. Add to that the improved graphics processing, and the whole UI experience should be greatly improved.

Also, I have to think that it's a distinct possibility that Apple views the PlayBook and onslaught of new Android tablets as real threats to its market position and insisted on getting an update - any update - out before the end of March. The fact that PlayBook is slated for end of March I think is no coincidence. Assuming that, it's also quite likkely that the enhancements in iPad2 are all that Apple could confidently implement in that timeframe.

Again, just my two cents.

03-04-11 09:59 AM
    The dual core processor and advanced graphics will have me returning my 1st gen ipad for an ipad2 on march 11th. The cameras dont really do anything for me. the improvements may not seem monumental to some people but they basically just pumped the ipad up to be on par with the onslaught of tablets coming out in the near future. ipad3 is where we will see the big bump, imo.
    03-04-11 10:11 AM
    My two cents, coming from someone who has little interest in an iPad myself.

On the surface, the updates to the iPad do seem a bit underwhelming. Faster processor and two cameras - bfd. But I think many people are understating the advancements involved in implementing a dual-core processor without affecting battry life. That's no small feat. Add to that the improved graphics processing, and the whole UI experience should be greatly improved.

Also, I have to think that it's a distinct possibility that Apple views the PlayBook and onslaught of new Android tablets as real threats to its market position and insisted on getting an update - any update - out before the end of March. The fact that PlayBook is slated for end of March I think is no coincidence. Assuming that, it's also quite likkely that the enhancements in iPad2 are all that Apple could confidently implement in that timeframe.

Again, just my two cents.

As things stand, I don't think Apple sees anybody as a threat to iPad. Sure there are competitors, but none of them really have anything so compelling to seriously leech iPad sales. For the vast majority of potential customers, there is no killer app out there that makes any other tablet worth getting.

As for the timing of the iPad's update, I really don't see anything insidious about it. iPad deliveries were delayed last year when they had production delays of the display, it was originally slated for an early March launch. Annual updates are nothing new from Apple. I seriously doubt that anything to do with RIM's Playbook had any affect on Apple's decisions or timing. I don't think PB is even in Apple's rear view mirror. Samsung and Motorola might be, but RIM.... not so much.

As for the updates themselves. They're fine. I mean, what did people expect really? It was expected the CPU would be updated to the latest and greatest. It was expected to have front and rear facing cameras. The new thinner and lighter design is nice. The magnet cover thing is pretty neat. I don't think anybody expected the new iPad to make their coffee for them in the morning. People expecting the new iPad to have Flash were not being realistic. Regardless, Flash isn't a dealbreaker for most. It certainly isn't for me.

People who say the iPad is nothing but a gigantic iPod Touch are 100% correct, but there's nothing wrong with that. There are things that are much better on a larger screen. If that wasn't the case, I wouldn't own a 52" TV, and just watch sports on my computer.

Will I be getting a new iPad? **** ya. I've been missing mine since my original iPad got bogarted last summer.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 03-04-11 at 10:42 AM.
    03-04-11 10:20 AM
    I think apple can put anything out at this point and the faithful will buy it blindly.
    Just like every "newly" released BB. Every company has their sheep.
    03-04-11 11:31 AM
    Just like every "newly" released BB. Every company has their sheep.
    Absolutely true
    03-04-11 11:48 AM
    Yeah as if the blackberry faithful don't run out to blindly buy a RIM product. Ummm ok.
    03-04-11 12:07 PM
    I'll never understand this brand loyalty mentallity that many people have when it comes to devices. Its kind of backwards, shouldnt the brands be loyal to the comsumers?
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    03-04-11 12:52 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD