Ok so I am Verizon with the ****ty storm, I've been thinking about switching to AT&T. I love verizon but most of my family is on AT&T. It would make sense. Went into a ATT store, and talked to the guy about the IPhone and the BlackBerry 9000. He told be to steer away from the Iphone and they it was a toy. Said that just to make a call you have to go through like four steps just to make a call. Considering the fact that they make commission why would he steer me away from the Iphone so quickly seeing as I would be spending more money on the 3GS. Any advise between Iphone/ Bold 9000.
    06-16-09 08:56 PM
    Wow. that's honesty right there. Awesome.
    06-16-09 10:25 PM
    i've got both the bold and the iphone. it doesnt take 4 steps to make a call on the iphone. either phone is a good choice. if you're looking for the best alternative to your storm, the iphone is the way to go. as far as touch screen, accelerometer, and such. you've already got a berry, so there is no need in telling you what it is capable of. the bold is just like your storm, only with a keyboard basically. i just recently came back to the iphone from my bold, and honestly i'm really really enjoying it. i wouldnt say that the iphone is just a toy though. it does handle media much better than a bold however. i always found it funny when people would compare an iphone to a blackberry by talking about the apps and saying it was just a toy. yet here is blackberry app world selling fart apps and everything else just the same. i bet if you went to another store rep who had an iphone on his hip, he'd steer you the other way! LOL. ultimately i think the carrier is what is going to make the biggest difference here. we just recently got verizon in our area, so i dont know much about them. but att has been decent i guess considering. good luck with your choice!
    06-16-09 10:53 PM
    Thanks I just thought maybe since everyone said Apple had been taking "Shots" at AT&T maybe some are trying to take them back?
    I love the touchscreen if it would work.
    While you can argue that the Click ensure that your hitting the right button. The lag when trying out and e-mail or text message is dumb as ****. You have to disable spell check just for the storm to type halfway fast. Thats stupid to me, so basically you can type somewhat fast but there might be alot of errors in your message. Dumb.
    06-16-09 11:16 PM
    iPhone h8tr right there...
    Pick up the phone.. play with em both.. You'll see...
    06-17-09 11:02 AM
    I think you should just for yourself. Don't take any reps advice. For all you know, he could be a diehard blackberry user, so his perspective is already bias. Same thing about someone who loves the iPhone. Just the fact that he tells you how long it take to make a call, shows me he has something personal against the iPhone. I'm sure he didn't tell you any negative things about the Bold. I mean because it's the perfect phone and there's are no shortcomings for the Bold or blackberry in general (sarcasm). Try for yourself. I have both and they both have plus and minuses. It depends on which minuses you can live with
    06-17-09 11:19 AM
    If that rep was a blackberry user..and he is in here..ther's every chance he'd hate the iphone
    06-17-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD