i like my 80gb ipod, and i've had it since they first came out. its great. plays music. my sister thought it'd be cool to buy me a 32gb touch for christmas. i was like ehhh, its not as big, but maybe its cool. since i barely get any reception in my basement apt, i setup facebook and whatnot on the touch. so i've been using it on and off for the past few days, and i came to realize that i just want to use it instead of my tour. and then i imagine the touch being a phone, and how cool it would be to have something so quick and so much better than my tour, or the touch pro that i had before it....caught fire. kinda. ok, it melted. that's still dangerous.

anyways, this is horrible. the more i use the two side by side, the more i just want an iphone. problem is i pay next to nothing for my sprint account, but for all the years of hating iphones and stuff, even after using them briefly here and there, i actually resent my tour for not being so fast. the app store is kind of a joke though, cause anything worth anything you have to pay for, including ebay? wtf's up with that. but the os itself, is pretty damn cool. i just had to tell somebody, and i definitely can't tell my friends cause of all the **** i've talked about iphones over the years, so i'm just gonna tell a bunch of strangers... i kinda get it now. one thing i can't get over is the fact that the touch has bluetooth, but its useless....but at the same time, i just wanted to find a way to tether the internet from my bb over to the touch so i could use it for web browsing when i'm out of the house haha, which i guess goes to show you how much i'd rather use safari than anything that's available on the tour. so anyways, yeah. there you have it. just figured i'd throw that out there.
    12-20-09 07:18 AM
    Don't worry. We won't tell your friends.
    12-20-09 08:57 AM
    i think the ipod touch was smart on apple's part - after getting one i too want an iphone
    12-20-09 09:33 AM
    I had the same confusion lol. I ended up going to the iPhone after years using only a Blackberry. I do miss some things from my BB but I love my iPhone more! Don't worry we won't tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 12:35 PM
    eBay is free.

Just a warning, you'll miss BBM. A lot.
    12-20-09 01:49 PM
    im in the same situation i use to hate the iphone but i now am fully in love with it and apple mainly after getting my mac but what changed this really was thinking of switching to an android device the i saw some android iphone comparisona dn the iphone just owned it everytime and it was acctually cheaper to get and iphone 3g over a htc hero so now its just a time of saving the pennys
    12-20-09 02:16 PM
    Both my wife and I used to use blackberries. I have used the 8700, the Pearl 8120, and now I am forced to use a Curve for work, but my personal phone is the 32gb 3GS. My wife, who used to use a Pearl 8110 saw my iPhone and after using it to look at YouTube and stuff on Safari, was like, "I want an iPhone!!!", so I just got her a 32gb white one. We're both not lookin back. There are certain things that Blackberry does better like email push, but overall, the iPhone is just more entertaining while still allowing you to check your emails and make phone calls.

We never miss BBM btw, as we always preferred Beejive to it anyway. Don't worry, we won't tell anyone you want an iPhone, but if you want one, go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.
    Last edited by dknyberry; 12-20-09 at 05:26 PM.
    12-20-09 04:08 PM
    iPhones are great devices. Enjoy.
    12-20-09 04:59 PM
    hey get both and have the best of both worlds
    12-20-09 06:37 PM
    It's a great device. If you can get the hang of a virtual keyboard the rest will follow.

I use both a BB and iPhone and switch sims here and there. But if I could only keep one phone I'd stick with the 3GS.
    12-20-09 07:40 PM
    I love my iPod Touch also, but I know I'll miss the BBM and the multitasking is the deal breaker for me. I need to be able to use BBM, surf, and pandora at the same time. The iPhone can't do that without jail breaking.

I want an iPhone too, but I know I'll regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 09:05 PM
    I should mention that my 3GS is jailbroken and multi-tasking is great
    12-20-09 10:09 PM
    i jailbroke my itouch and sure wanna figure out how to switch carriers and have an iphone on cellsouth
    12-20-09 10:15 PM
    I'm in the middle of converting from a Storm 2 to an iPhone 3Gs.

Finding it difficult to let go of the Storm though :S

"Decisions, Decisions"
    12-21-09 05:12 AM
    That is where it started for me, having an itouch really made me want the iphone. I used my upgrade the other day to get the 3gs. Have not looked back since.
    12-21-09 10:56 AM
    Getting a touch was the thing that made me get an iPhone. At first I had no desire for either. But last year I bought a macbook and they were running the promotion to buy a macbook and touch and get a rebate for the price of the touch. So it was basically free. After using the touch for a couple days, I went and got an iPhone. They suck you in with the touch and then make you think, "How cool would it be if I had a phone that could do all of this".
    12-21-09 11:41 AM
    its just amazing how fluid simple things such as facebook are on the iphone, and how horrendously slow the blackberry app is. you think they would have gotten around to polishing it a bit. takes forever to bring things up, takes forever to load, and god forbid you click on a picture, you could end up waiting 10 minutes for the picture to come up, and even then there's a 50% chance it just never will. these types of problems are becoming more and more unacceptable. i understand like 10 years ago when i was using my dell axim, things taking a while, but pda's came a long way and then there were smartphones, and right now its just kinda sad. i'd rather search for wifi on the touch, than bring up the facebook app on my phone, which has high speed internet wherever i am, just to do simple things like check a facebook message, just because of how terrible its implemented. i'm not an experienced blackberry user, i got the phone for free so its not like i really "wanted" it, but i figured i'd give it a shot. there's a lot of things i really like on the phone, but the multimedia aspect, and just simple app usage, just don't work very well. if sprint offered the iphone, i would probably switch though.
    12-22-09 03:49 AM
    That's why I call the iPod Touch the 'gateway drug.' I also am tempted by the iPhone. I have bought and returned it (due to monetary issues), but that doesn't mean I still don't miss it. I also have a free BB Tour, but I'm on VZW.
    12-26-09 12:12 PM
    after years ob BB'ing Im a very happy iphone convert...and your right....the touch def. started it lmao
    12-26-09 01:23 PM
    If I could afford it, I'd have both.
    12-26-09 01:32 PM
    Funny...that's what the girl at Walmart connection center said-"In a perfect world, I would have a BB and an iPhone!"
    12-26-09 01:38 PM
    The touch started it for me too! I currently have a tour and I'm trying to fight this strong desire to get an iphone! My question is....is it worth it to get the 3gs now if a new 4th gen might come out in june?
    12-26-09 04:36 PM
    The touch started it for me too! I currently have a tour and I'm trying to fight this strong desire to get an iphone! My question is....is it worth it to get the 3gs now if a new 4th gen might come out in june?
    I feel the exact same way, lol. The pull to get one is very strong. Although we could go out and get one right now, I'd say it's best to wait and see what they announce in January and then later in June/July.

Keeping my fingers crossed for major improvements but even if these improvements don't appeal to you, at least the cost of the 3GS will go down slightly but I don't think as much as the iPhone 3G dropped.
    12-26-09 06:20 PM
    Ugh I am in the same spot. I'm on Verizon with S2 and seriously getting ticked at the stuff they are forcing down our throuts.. I don't care all that much about Bing even if I don't like it. What's really getting me pissed is the continued slow browsing (and don't like the alternatives since they don't work that well without the click functions) and GPS always fricken going off line and needing to reset my phone each time they decide to push something new to us.

I only use Gmail e-mail accounts for my phone and was wondering do the e-mails get pushed out like on the S2? Will they just show up or do I have to always activate something to pull them down? What are the options there?
    12-27-09 11:36 PM
    I'm in the middle of converting from a Storm 2 to an iPhone 3Gs.

Finding it difficult to let go of the Storm though :S

"Decisions, Decisions"
    Wow. I couldn't wait to dump the Storm.
    12-28-09 04:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD