Ok so here's the situation. I have an iPhone 3gs that's in recovery mode..... This is an unlocked Rogers phone that I have running on Bell Mobility . Do I need a Rogers Sim to recover it?..... And any idea how to unlock it again.

The last time this happened I had to pay $80 To have it unlocked again......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 12:51 AM
    Run blackrain every time you reboot your 3gs

03-20-10 06:20 AM
    thats the case only if he has week 41 and beyond. is there an option to make emergency calls or is it just the plug itunes icon. If so you gotta restore to 3.1.3 only. If it has the slider for emergency calls. then you gotta rain blackra1n again everytime it reboots.
    03-23-10 11:57 AM
    I posted a tutorial here http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/gui...rmware-441303/ So there is no reason you should have to pay 80 bucks to unlock ever again. Also do not restore to 3.1.3 if you were previously on 3.1.2 or below, assuming you were if you were unlocked on rogers. The simplest fix would be to restore with a custom ipsw to maintain baseband and stay on 3.1.2. Type into google (Custom 3.1.2 Firmware For iPhone 2G/3G/3GS) exactly how I typed it and download the custom ipsw then go here iPhone 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 with Custom Firmware 3.1.2 Fix Apple Boot Logo and Crashes and follow our directions to restore your iphone. Repeat do not restore to 3.1.3 in itunes and if you had a tethered jaibreak that would require you to rerun blackra1n on every reboot I would assume you already knew that before posting so Im going to go ahead and say stay away from blackra1n. There are better jailbreaks out there. Knowing what build week, firmware, and what OS you have will be the only way I can tell you exactly what to do. Good luck
    03-23-10 02:13 PM
    That sucks.... I bought a new phone instead.... But I would love to have some help with all this apple stuff.... I am so confused its all so new to me.

I am now with an iPhone 3Gs that is from my carrier. Not unlocked. But it came jailbroken I need to know now how do I get it to sync with itunes without deleting everything that is on the phone now.

It keeps telling me that my new phone is not synced with my library and do I want to delete this iPhone and sync with my library. If I do this will I loose my jailbreak?

03-27-10 12:56 AM
    No you will not lose your jailbreak, but you will lose all music, videos, and possibly all of the apps that are on your iPhone.
    03-27-10 01:01 AM
    Is there anyway to keep all the apps?

03-27-10 01:20 AM
    Is there anyway to keep all the apps?

Nope, you are going to lose everything that is on the phone when you sync. If you have a back up from your old iPhone on iTunes then you should be able to sync with that and get everything back that was on the back up. Hope that makes sense.
    03-27-10 04:36 AM
    I thought itunes was supposed to make it easy..... Holy crap my head is spinning...... How do I keep the phone as it is now.... And sync it as is to itunes.... As a new phone.?

03-27-10 01:31 PM
    I thought itunes was supposed to make it easy..... Holy crap my head is spinning...... How do I keep the phone as it is now.... And sync it as is to itunes.... As a new phone.?

Nothing with apple is easy. You can try these steps and see if it helps.

Edit: Scratch that, I dont thin that will work for you.
    Last edited by harrison0550; 03-27-10 at 01:59 PM.
    03-27-10 01:48 PM
    Will it work if I start a new itunes Acct ...... And use it for this iPhone.

03-28-10 07:23 AM
    Will it work if I start a new itunes Acct ...... And use it for this iPhone.

I would think so.
    03-28-10 08:16 AM

Umm, everything with Apple is easy. That is not just my opinion that is a fact, the Mac OS built with ease of use in mind. Sorry if you have had problems with iTunes but it really is not that hard to figure out.
    03-28-10 02:33 PM
    It is made easy, but if you never hook it up to sync/backup then what is it supposed to restore from?

If you back it up reasonably frequently (I do about once a week or so) then it restores everything (minus Cydia apps, but there is another solution for that) every time.
    03-28-10 02:48 PM

Using a Mac is very easy.

Also, if you backup your iPhone and have to reajailbreak and restore from your backup, all of your cydia apps' preferences should be saved, which means all you have to do is reinstall that app and everything should be back to normal.
    03-28-10 02:59 PM
    03-28-10 03:27 PM
    Yay for Illegally pirating Applications from hard-working developers!

/sarcasm
    03-28-10 06:37 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. I think I am going to follow my wife and get an iPhone. Are there anytricks on keeping our libraries seperate. I don't want any new kids on the block crap on my phone.... Lol

03-30-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD